Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2023 11:38:00 PM EDT
Heard an ad on the radio today. AGFC is looking for land to build a new shooting range. Ad said they're looking for at least 150 acres near the major population centers, and encouraged anyone that knows of a good place should contact them.
So not there yet, but sounds like they're trying at least.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 7:52:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Most of the local cities and counties have turned them down.  Springdale, F-ville, Benton and Rogers all said "no."  

Probably due to the required amount of land, but still sucks.  Be nice to have a decent range nearby, and maybe some shooting clubs.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 12:46:55 AM EDT
[#2]
The range at Hobbs is nice.  Unsafe, but nice.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:27:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advtrbound] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gr8Santini:
View Quote

I took my son there a few weeks after he ordered and built his first AR. The place filled up and one jackass kept standing in front of the fireline after he emptied a mag so that we all knew he was finished. I told him that isn't how it works as we picked up and left.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 10:41:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Old Fort Gun Club is 48 minutes from my home in West Fayetteville.
I still shoot there some when down in FS or VB.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 3:32:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Just heard they are seriously look at an old quarry west of West Fork.  Sheriffs dept uses it for training.  The asshats are already trying to oppose it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 7:16:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By cpermd:
Old Fort Gun Club is 48 minutes from my home in West Fayetteville.
I still shoot there some when down in FS or VB.
View Quote

And just a mile or 2 away from that is the Thor range complex. It is also nice.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:11:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks like Game and Fish pulled out, too much dirt work. They are looking elsewhere in the state
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 9:58:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By drillerdave:
Looks like Game and Fish pulled out, too much dirt work. They are looking elsewhere in the state
View Quote

CRAP!

NWA needs a real range.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 11:08:30 AM EDT
[#9]
It would have been cheaper to do that twenty years ago.

Now they'd have to go out to BFE.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 7:44:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By MoparMike:
It would have been cheaper to do that twenty years ago.

Now they'd have to go out to BFE.
View Quote

Yeah they looked at it 20 years ago too, I talked to them about it then.

They've been dragging their feet on this for a long time.

Arkansas is a confused state. The things the government does don't actually match what the state is. Where does all the tax money go?

Don't worry though, there are millions of dollars for bike paths and silly museums. Maybe they could build a dual use bike path + range + silly museum?

Link Posted: 6/5/2023 9:06:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By SpacemanSpiff:

Don't worry though, there are millions of dollars for bike paths and silly museums. Maybe they could build a dual use bike path + range + silly museum?

View Quote

Don't get me started on the bike trails. One day I went to sleep in the Ozarks and woke up living in a North Face commercial.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 10:54:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Advtrbound:

I took my son there a few weeks after he ordered and built his first AR. The place filled up and one jackass kept standing in front of the fireline after he emptied a mag so that we all knew he was finished. I told him that isn't how it works as we picked up and left.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Advtrbound:
Originally Posted By Gr8Santini:

That is a tame day for Hobbs.

Between the ghetto trash and brass fairies I quit going there.

Link Posted: 7/9/2023 8:43:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By SpacemanSpiff:

That is a tame day for Hobbs.

Between the ghetto trash and brass fairies I quit going there.

View Quote

It was the engineering students shooting clay that did it for me.
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 9:35:28 PM EDT
[#14]
I take a lot of my students out to the range by the Logan County dump. It's about two miles from Paris. It offers a shotgun range, 25 meter pistol and a 275 meter pistol/rifle area. The later being incrementally divided by berms. The shooting benches are covered and I never had any problem with people out at that range. Although there's a RSO that shows up around there and if someone does something stupid, he will politely tell them about it.......Ok, it's me. I'll say something directly to the person in a polite manner.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 3:33:38 PM EDT
[#15]
I was in NWA from 95-2009.

We used to shoot at Wedington until the commies had it shut down.

Now I'd be shocked if yall can get anywhere up there to allow it.  

That part of the state is dead to me.  Too many commies have moved in and ruined it.  I won't even visit for a ballgame anymore.

Sad too.  It was a neat area to live in the 90's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top