Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2020 8:55:47 PM EDT
Hi I'm new to the site. Trying to find anyone in my area (12009) to go shooting with. Built a rifle this past spring and haven't had a place to zero it in.  I'd like some private or state land that someone knows is safe. Willing to drive an hour or so. I've looked at some gun clubs in the area but no luck at finding any that are accepting new members.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 5:17:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome, and good luck. These are the best of times and the worst of times to be a gun owner looking for a place to shoot.

What's your shooting background?
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 3:31:45 PM EDT
[#2]
welcome to communist NY they don't believe in you having guns...

Link Posted: 10/20/2020 5:54:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Coming into deer season.  I think northern zone opens this weekend.  Look into whitehouse on the W be Sacandaga west of wells (w river rd). You can camp in there first come first serve.

id get an app like HuntStand or onX, pay the subscription and you can find some places maybe closer.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:17:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Welcome, and good luck. These are the best of times and the worst of times to be a gun owner looking for a place to shoot.

What's your shooting background?
View Quote

Thanks. Only 4 months or so at me responding lol
I've done all of my shooting out of state, mostly indoor gun ranges. Been hunting since I was a kid but I'm not afraid to say I haven't any training in an official capacity.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:18:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Coming into deer season.  I think northern zone opens this weekend.  Look into whitehouse on the W be Sacandaga west of wells (w river rd). You can camp in there first come first serve.

id get an app like HuntStand or onX, pay the subscription and you can find some places maybe closer.
View Quote

That's a good idea and probably the route I'll take.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:05:42 AM EDT
[#6]
dupe
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:07:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Hello comrade,  welcome to New York. Besides the pathetic politics, upstate New York is actually quite nice. I’m located about 50 miles north of Albany, and belong to a beautiful club that’s always accepting new members.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top