Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/10/2021 3:10:06 PM EDT
Several new home buyers (i.e. out-of-towners who bought newly-built homes) have moved from my town. They've lived here less than a full year! I wonder if it's the weather, or the company?

Anyone else notice this?
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 6:42:36 PM EDT
[#1]
In my part of the world long timers are leaving. Their selling/tipping point has been reached and they are taking their cash going somewhere less expensive.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 8:39:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Several new home buyers (i.e. out-of-towners who bought newly-built homes) have moved from my town. They've lived here less than a full year! I wonder if it's the weather, or the company?

Anyone else notice this?
View Quote

How long have you lived in "your town" ??

What is the current population number ??

How many homes in "your town" are for sale ??
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:18:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How long have you lived in "your town" ??  a little over a year.

What is the current population number ??  Between 6 and 7 k

How many homes in "your town" are for sale ??
View Quote
 Recent development near my home: 30 homes built, all were bought before completion, 5 up for sale.

I'm just wondering if this is a trend across the state. It's largely a retirement community here.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:03:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 10:41:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Crowded is crowded it doesn’t matter what their politics are - it’s starting to feel a lot like like California (WA,OR, AZ) with all of them around us. I will note that for some reasons I don’t mind the Texan’s that I’ve met…

I’d like to sell and take the money and run but where to go? Sad story, we were living the dream just a few years ago.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:00:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Crowded is crowded it doesn’t matter what their politics are - it’s starting to feel a lot like like California (WA,OR, AZ) with all of them around us. I will note that for some reasons I don’t mind the Texan’s that I’ve met…

I’d like to sell and take the money and run but where to go? Sad story, we were living the dream just a few years ago.
View Quote

Let me ask.....what does California feel like ??  I use facts, logic, statistics and evidence to come to a conclusion.....not feelings.

Because the voting rolls that are published by counties show that even more conservatives moved here from 2012 to 2020, which turned Idaho even more red.

So the larger growth of conservative voters somehow makes  you think it feel like California ??  That doesn't make any sense.

And in my area (Parma) I haven't see the same growth as.....let's say ADA county.

This is why I chose Parma....I did the research and saw that there is hardly any growth (like 5-6 new houses a year)
Plus I wanted to be near the gun range.

So it would seem that people need to do more investigating of long-term growth before making a decision of where to live.....and not use feelings to come to conclusions.

Regarding people selling new houses....it's a hot market.
People may have found some place else that fits their needs better, or decided to take the money and run.
This would easily account for the people selling after a short time at a location.

Even I have looked at what my options are now that my house is done being built.
It's easily worth over 100K more than what I paid for the land, the development, and building a house.

Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:20:53 PM EDT
[#7]
The problem seems to be that the market has driven prices up all across the board. You may well sell that $100,000 house (in 1990s dollars) for $500,000... but prices are up all over the place, by about the same percentage. So where do you go?
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:36:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The problem seems to be that the market has driven prices up all across the board. You may well sell that $100,000 house (in 1990s dollars) for $500,000... but prices are up all over the place, by about the same percentage. So where do you go?
View Quote

My exit plan for Idaho is Wyoming.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 6:06:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Let me ask.....what does California feel like ??  I use facts, logic, statistics and evidence to come to a conclusion.....not feelings.

Because the voting rolls that are published by counties show that even more conservatives moved here from 2012 to 2020, which turned Idaho even more red.

So the larger growth of conservative voters somehow makes  you think it feel like California ??  That doesn't make any sense.

And in my area (Parma) I haven't see the same growth as.....let's say ADA county.

This is why I chose Parma....I did the research and saw that there is hardly any growth (like 5-6 new houses a year)
Plus I wanted to be near the gun range.

So it would seem that people need to do more investigating of long-term growth before making a decision of where to live.....and not use feelings to come to conclusions.

Regarding people selling new houses....it's a hot market.
People may have found some place else that fits their needs better, or decided to take the money and run.
This would easily account for the people selling after a short time at a location.

Even I have looked at what my options are now that my house is done being built.
It's easily worth over 100K more than what I paid for the land, the development, and building a house.

View Quote

Cherry picking wording is nothing but semantics - a waste. It feels like it because of the crowding, the prices driven up directly related to people bringing I CA money, even in the grocery line people are regularly using their CA and AZ food stamp cards, the driving habits and I could go on and on but why? It feels like it because we are being flooded by it!

This is a new phenomenon, research what you want but this hardly could have been predicted.

You are right about the voter roles but if you look at the dirty details democrats actually grew by a higher percentage than the other parties. At some point that scale tips. Not close yet but it can and has happened.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 6:08:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Actually if I woulda predicted this I woulda bought 10 houses 5 years ago and just sold and quit.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 11:26:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Idaho is a great place to live-I’ve just had it with change. I’m sick of change. Every time I go out someone or something is growing or building or developing. It has happened my entire life.....find paradise and watch it turn toxic.
Where I go from here is the absolute middle of nowhere where it will stay the same pretty much until I die.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 11:58:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Idaho is a great place to live-I’ve just had it with change. I’m sick of change. Every time I go out someone or something is growing or building or developing. It has happened my entire life.....find paradise and watch it turn toxic.
Where I go from here is the absolute middle of nowhere where it will stay the same pretty much until I die.
View Quote

There is Eminent Domain to make sure you aren't too comfortable.

Eminent domain is the power of the United States government, states, and municipalities to take private property for public use, following the payment of just compensation.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 9:02:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Screw it, I'm tired of moving.

Montana is suffering from the same BS we are - case in point, MT members complaining in GD that people from there can no longer afford to live there. Where else is there to go?
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 9:43:35 PM EDT
[#14]
As one of the said out of towners (sorry) I can tell you my story.

I bought a house in Ada county in June 2020 in the 600's.  My neighbors with a near identical house just sold for 1.1m.  My property has damn near doubled in a year, to the point where we wouldn't have been able to afford moving here if we tried today.

I have considered cashing out now and moving somewhere where it is still inexpensive, such as Missouri.  We could buy a similar property and have 500k in the bank.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 12:57:17 PM EDT
[#15]
My house is worth nearly 3x what I paid for it 3 years ago.  A few of my neighbors are selling.

Some moving to Oklahoma or Nevada for instance.  Why Oklahoma...not sure.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 2:00:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It feels like it because of the crowding, the prices driven up directly related to people bringing I CA money,
even in the grocery line people are regularly using their CA and AZ food stamp cards, the driving habits and I could go on and on but why?
It feels like it because we are being flooded by it!
View Quote

Here we go with feelings again.....feelings are not a unit of measurement, and most times are not based in facts, or truth, or logic.  

Here's a fact.....you spend alot of time hating on people from another state, and blaming them for everything, based on your feelings.

I also find it funny that in one sentence you are all "bringing California money here" and in another sentence you are saying "I saw california food stamps".

So which it  ?? Are they just leecehes on the system....or rich people buying everything ??

Tell you what....you give me an actual stat, based on fact, post the evidence, showing exactly how many people have moved to Idaho from California.

And then, show me how many others have moved here from other states other than California.

And then post the stats of people moving from other parts of Idaho.

Then show the birth rate, and the death rate, for Idaho for that same year.

That will give the most accurate number of people that have arrived here from wherever they came from.

I will give a bronze membership ....to anyone that one will do this.....because all of a sudden you won't have your California boogeyman man to blame
for using food stamps in a grocery line, clogging roads, or driving up home prices.

Seriously.....it's exactly the same argument that anti-gun people use to try to get firearms banned......feelings.
But when the facts and stats are used to defend the use of firearms....there is no argument that stands up to the factual information.

But you can go right on hiding under the covers and blaming Californians for all your woes.

Because it's easy,  regardless of whether it's actually true, or factually correct, or.....does it just make you feel good and righteous to blame the big bad out-of state bogeyman ??
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 2:09:21 PM EDT
[#17]
FWIW, this was the last article I remember seeing, from 2019.  

60% of influx was from California, but does not talk about moving within the state.

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/local/yes-many-californians-are-moving-to-idaho-here-are-the-other-states-new-residents-are-coming-from/277-f65f25f1-6752-427a-b107-a27e5ca09417
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 3:29:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
FWIW, this was the last article I remember seeing, from 2019.  

60% of influx was from California, but does not talk about moving within the state.

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/local/yes-many-californians-are-moving-to-idaho-here-are-the-other-states-new-residents-are-coming-from/277-f65f25f1-6752-427a-b107-a27e5ca09417
View Quote

Granted the info is a few years old, but it still supports my position.

"In that time range, 21,372 people from California moved to Idaho.
In comparison, 5,626 people left the potato state and moved to California."

So appx 16k people came into the state of Idaho from California for that period subtracting those that left Idaho for California.

And almost 60k people left Idaho for other states....

So appx 21.5k people from everywhere came to Idaho from across the US. 16K from California.

Idaho population is 1.8 million in 2019.

So about .95% growth rate.

Now lets add the avg deaths per year in Idaho from a few years ago at 11,500

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/states/idaho/idaho.htm

That brings down the growth rat to around .5%

So lets spread those 10,000 people over 44 counties....

That's 227.3 people per county. About the same as the avg for those attending a high school football game at Parma High school....maybe less.

Obviously ADA, 2C, Jerome, and other larger population counties will receive the majority,  others like Bonner and Lewis receiving much less.

But your county voter rolls will have the information if you look at 2012, 2016, and 2020 to see how many more voters where added.

I think it's pretty obvious at this point you can't continue to ignore  these simple stats, and the "Californians are everywhere" argument is utter crap.

Link Posted: 6/15/2021 11:59:36 AM EDT
[#19]
ROFL!!! I’m not picking on any ex Californian. It’s getting crowded, expensive, and liberal ideas are rampant - ie food stamps and lifestyle… I was simply pointing out what I am personally witnessing. I’m sure there’s other examples… There are the retirees that probably think that they are the most conservative persons out there and hate the liberal, crowded, over taxed and expensive place they are running from but they bring the whole family…

People that just bought across the street from us bought for 2X what the house previously sold for just a few years ago and then dumped another $100K into the place but oh they are from Austin. Fact is the wages here do not support it. The money is coming from somewhere else.  So I guess I stand corrected, it’s starting to “feel” a lot like Austin around here. “Feel” better about the wording? Again semantics. You probably shouldn’t get so defensive because I’m just some guy talking the way I want from my own perspective…

And yes it’s both money and food stamps. CA for example is not made of a single demographic, voting base, income level, yada, yada, yada… but as a whole it is what it is. True fact, people are perfectly comfortable sulking the system while flying the flag. True fact, more people moved from CA to Idaho than any other state. True fact, the Idaho panhandle is freaking exploding in many regards!

Unless you are saying that the stats need to be 100% California rather than the highest single stat then I’d say you probably should go ahead and give broken_reticle that membership I’d add that that info is not just dated but rather outdated looking at where we are now and any projections… You can find stories anywhere you care to look for examples.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 1:58:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
ROFL!!!  It’s getting crowded, expensive, and liberal ideas are rampant - ie food stamps and lifestyle… I was simply pointing out what I am personally witnessing. I’m sure there’s other examples…

True fact, the Idaho panhandle is freaking exploding in many regards!
View Quote

Witnesses are, and always have been, worst form of evidence. I wonder how many people that you see, are just tourists or visitors passing through.....
Think about it......your profiling people based on some pretty flimsy evidence, and zero context other than they are shopping.

It is summer and people are camping/ rafting on the rivers up there.

I wonder if your just confusing Canadians for Californians......

Link Posted: 6/15/2021 3:49:55 PM EDT
[#21]
When the bubble pops, many folks going to be left holding the bag. My neighbor is moving to San Diego. He is 80 though, going to just live on the beach in a condo for the rest of his life.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 6:29:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
When the bubble pops, many folks going to be left holding the bag. My neighbor is moving to San Diego. He is 80 though, going to just live on the beach in a condo for the rest of his life.
View Quote

Not sure how you think that will work. Did my brand new house cost more than an equivalent house from 2-3 years ago? Hell yes it did. Is my payment too high to pay? Not at all.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 9:30:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

So appx 16k people came into the state of Idaho from California for that period subtracting those that left Idaho for California.

https://media.ktvb.com/assets/KTVB/images/05178d09-6728-40fa-9e0e-b24695a1d80f/05178d09-6728-40fa-9e0e-b24695a1d80f_1920x1080.jpg

https://media.ktvb.com/assets/KTVB/images/44ed9bc9-cf46-4928-ba92-3046fd853df9/44ed9bc9-cf46-4928-ba92-3046fd853df9_1920x1080.jpg

So appx 21.5k people from everywhere came to Idaho from across the US. 16K from California.

That's 227.3 people per county. About the same as the avg for those attending a high school football game at Parma High school....maybe less.

Obviously ADA, 2C, Jerome, and other larger population counties will receive the majority,  others like Bonner and Lewis receiving much less.

But your county voter rolls will have the information if you look at 2012, 2016, and 2020 to see how many more voters where added.

I think it's pretty obvious at this point you can't continue to ignore  these simple stats, and the "Californians are everywhere" argument is utter crap.

View Quote

I don’t hate Californians but to say they aren’t to blame for prices skyrocketing in the housing market or that it’s getting more and more crowded is downright laughable.

I live in Ada County. I can personally tell you that 90% of out of state newcomers that I have met in the last year were all from California. I’m talking dozens and dozens of people. On the roads, I the most common out of state plate I have seen is from California.

Oh and here’s an updated KTVB article that’s backing up my facts.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ktvb.com/amp/article/news/local/growing-idaho/idaho-attracts-californians-migration-growing/277-5c2a35b2-d3be-46fa-8565-faf024a16f7c

Also, Idaho is the highest state with inbound moves.

https://www.ktvb.com/mobile/article/news/local/growing-idaho/report-idaho-highest-percentage-inbound-moves/277-f6af6cc5-3f30-4dcf-9b8a-e3ca5364aac0
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:30:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
In my part of the world long timers are leaving. Their selling/tipping point has been reached and they are taking their cash going somewhere less expensive.
View Quote

That's what we're seeing here as well, heck we've considered moving.

But where in the world would we go?

On another subject I need to stop by for coffee with you guys one of these weekends.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:33:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

On another subject I need to stop by for coffee with you guys one of these weekends.
View Quote

Missouri, South Carolina, Florida, or Iowa? Heck even Spokane is a lot more affordable. Just happens to be in the wrong state.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 2:59:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Missouri, South Carolina, Florida, or Iowa? Heck even Spokane is a lot more affordable. Just happens to be in the wrong state.
View Quote

I cant do humidity. Makes me miserable.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 4:09:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kentucky and Georgia are on that list too. Some even out of the country.
Real Estate market has cooled off considerably the past couple months in The Panhandle. There are a number of places DROPPING their prices and even “Open House” signs again when  last year stuff never even made it to market.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:43:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Real Estate market has cooled off considerably the past couple months in The Panhandle. There are a number of places DROPPING their prices and even “Open House” signs again when  last year stuff never even made it to market.
View Quote

Treasure valley doesn't seem to be slowing down. The guy at the end of the street listed his house for 550k. The first day of listing he had 5 over asking price offers. The highest being 100k over list price.

This is a 1800sqft, 3 car garage on like .25 lot. They took a 600k offer.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 1:34:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Treasure valley doesn't seem to be slowing down. The guy at the end of the street listed his house for 550k. The first day of listing he had 5 over asking price offers. The highest being 100k over list price.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny, my neighbor listed her house 2 months ago.  It was very middle of the road pricewise and in excellent shape.  She got an immediate contract on it, which fell through.  The prices have started to level a bit.

https://boisedev.com/news/2021/07/08/ada-canyon-housing-june-2021/

Long term softening trend?  Who knows.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 1:51:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

What city? Our comps are 440k in caldwell. New build we paid 396k end of december.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 1:53:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

What city? Our comps are 440k in caldwell. New build we paid 396k end of december.
View Quote

Middleton
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 1:59:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Middleton
View Quote

Nice. We looked at a couple places there, but we wanted a new build and there really wasnt anything there.

On a side note where in cali are you from? We are from Lake County.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 2:44:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Nice. We looked at a couple places there, but we wanted a new build and there really wasnt anything there.

On a side note where in cali are you from? We are from Lake County.
View Quote

Sacramento county, on the north end.  Probably going down to do some work. Last time I was down there I couldn't believe how bad it had gotten in just a year
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 2:49:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Middleton
View Quote

No one wants to live out with those people.  Just Mormons and rednecks.  

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 3:29:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Man I sure hope. We just listed our home here in Meridian to go live this Friday. List is $430k, 1308 sqft on a 0.196 acre lot. I’d be ecstatic to bring in anything over that. Zero comps in the sub and surrounding area helps lol.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 3:50:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Man I sure hope. We just listed our home here in Meridian to go live this Friday. List is $430k, 1308 sqft on a 0.196 acre lot. I’d be ecstatic to bring in anything over that. Zero comps in the sub and surrounding area helps lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You staying in AO?
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 4:50:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You staying in AO?
View Quote

Yessir.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:16:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Noticed my Zillow estimate has cooled off. Not as many homes going up for sale in the neighborhood either.

I did notice driving out to New Plymouth this weekend a couple new subdivisions going in. Multiple homes mid build.

Traffic isn’t getting better though.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 12:40:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yessir.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You staying in AO?

Yessir.

Link Posted: 8/8/2021 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Tons of people in my (very new) neighborhood have for sale signs out front. I have no idea where they're moving to, but I know a few people moving to CA of all places since they can afford to sell their house and buy in CA now. I don't understand it either.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 5:32:37 PM EDT
[#41]
My plan was to stay in Meridian for a few years then move out into the wilderness way up 21, where there's acreage and forest and fewer people, once I moved up the income ladder, then rent our current place. The eviction memorandum BS has really made me question that strategy. I'd have gone bankrupt if I had to pay two mortgages with no rental income.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 5:34:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Just got new neighbors from out of state (not CA).  They don't have dogs, I am a little concerned.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 5:36:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I don't hate Californians but to say they aren't to blame for prices skyrocketing in the housing market or that it's getting more and more crowded is downright laughable.

I live in Ada County. I can personally tell you that 90% of out of state newcomers that I have met in the last year were all from California. I'm talking dozens and dozens of people. On the roads, I the most common out of state plate I have seen is from California.

Oh and here's an updated KTVB article that's backing up my facts.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ktvb.com/amp/article/news/local/growing-idaho/idaho-attracts-californians-migration-growing/277-5c2a35b2-d3be-46fa-8565-faf024a16f7c

https://www.ktvb.com/mobile/article/news/local/growing-idaho/report-idaho-highest-percentage-inbound-moves/277-f6af6cc5-3f30-4dcf-9b8a-e3ca5364aac0
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://media.ktvb.com/assets/KTVB/images/05178d09-6728-40fa-9e0e-b24695a1d80f/05178d09-6728-40fa-9e0e-b24695a1d80f_1920x1080.jpg

https://media.ktvb.com/assets/KTVB/images/44ed9bc9-cf46-4928-ba92-3046fd853df9/44ed9bc9-cf46-4928-ba92-3046fd853df9_1920x1080.jpg

I don't hate Californians but to say they aren't to blame for prices skyrocketing in the housing market or that it's getting more and more crowded is downright laughable.

I live in Ada County. I can personally tell you that 90% of out of state newcomers that I have met in the last year were all from California. I'm talking dozens and dozens of people. On the roads, I the most common out of state plate I have seen is from California.

Oh and here's an updated KTVB article that's backing up my facts.

Most of my immediate neighbors are foreigners (muslim, Vietnamese, Indian) so the foreigner aspect should not be overlooked. My next store neighbors are a large family and only one speaks broken English.

I can't wait for the housing crash. What is happening nationwide is not normal and is fueled by Fed interest rates and gov-mandated shutdowns at the state level. Even Idaho is a bubble, albeit it would have been going up regardless just not this quickly.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 6:09:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Noticed my Zillow estimate has cooled off. Not as many homes going up for sale in the neighborhood either.

I did notice driving out to New Plymouth this weekend a couple new subdivisions going in. Multiple homes mid build.

View Quote

I've noticed the same thing with the zillow estimate. I've also noticed the same thing about traffic

I like a lot about the New Plymouth area. But one thing that I've noticed over there when stopping on my way somewhere is the flies. I don't mean to pick on them about it, and there's flies everywhere, but holy "reeeeeeeee" batman!

Thick, and stop at a stop sign or something with your window open and you're fucked.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 6:25:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I've noticed the same thing with the zillow estimate. I've also noticed the same thing about traffic

I like a lot about the New Plymouth area. But one thing that I've noticed over there when stopping on my way somewhere is the flies. I don't mean to pick on them about it, and there's flies everywhere, but holy "reeeeeeeee" batman!

Thick, and stop at a stop sign or something with your window open and you're fucked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was only out there for a 2 day dog training deal.  I wouldn't live out there by choice due to the insects.

Neighbors house has been pending for 60+ days.  Noticing more homes with price cuts.  I think the tap is drying out.  Now how many flee back to CA/NY/Big City when their "remote" job mandates an in person presence...
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 6:44:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I was only out there for a 2 day dog training deal.  I wouldn't live out there by choice due to the insects.

Neighbors house has been pending for 60+ days.  Noticing more homes with price cuts.  I think the tap is drying out.  Now how many flee back to CA/NY/Big City when their "remote" job mandates an in person presence...
View Quote

I am aware it makes me a bad person to wonder what another nasty winter might do, however...
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 7:10:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I am aware it makes me a bad person to wonder what another nasty winter might do, however...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Snowmaggedon!  
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 7:23:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Snowmaggedon!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Snowmaggedon!  

Locked down before lockdowns were cool.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 6:33:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd welcome another snowmagedon...assuming the snow stays up in the mountains unlike last year.

After snowmagedon, my first cutting of horse hay was 4X normal...I sat on a tractor baling hay for a day and a half.

To change the subject, we bought 15 acres set up for horses in 2002 for ~ $200K.  Current going rate in this ag boondocks neighborhood is > $1.25M.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 8:40:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Snowmageddon would be awesome for a few years straight. Would scare the pussies back to warmer weather.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top