Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2020 5:09:35 PM EDT
Hey okies, hope everyone and their families are safe and doing well during the shut-in.

My parents just bought their first handgun for home defense and self protection. They're in their 60's and have little handgun experience.

I have given them the basics, but I'd still like professional training for them.

Who would you recommend for pistol basics training in the OKC area? They live near Moore but are willing to go to Edmond, Yukon, Shawnee or wherever they need to for good training.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 7:58:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe that H&H and Wilshire Guns both do classes.  Out of the two I think Wilshire would be the better choice mainly because I'm familiar with one of the trainers.  He's a good guy.

Wilshire has a very nice range which is air conditioned.  The range at H&H is not air conditioned and if it's anywhere near warm outside it's miserable inside the range itself.  It's hard to teach folks right when sweat is burning your eyeballs.

Wilshire has courses from first time shooters all the way up.

I don't work for them or have any affiliation with them in case it sounds like I'm shilling for them.

If it were my parents, that's where I would recommend they go.  

They are on the north side of OKC so it's a little bit of a drive but not bad.

Now....that said, like everywhere else, their classes are on hold until all this virus stuff clears up.  That could be days, weeks or months.

Link Posted: 4/29/2020 3:38:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you Brandi!
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 6:30:51 AM EDT
[#3]
No problem.  It's good to see new shooters seeking training regardless of age.  

Link Posted: 4/29/2020 11:36:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Defcon Defense in Guthrie just North of the metro.  The owner is awesome with all skill levels and used to teach at Wilshire before starting his own business.  He demos skills and can breakdown the basics extremely well.  He does private and small group lessons as well as concealed carry certification classes.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 11:54:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Pistolskills.com

Will Andrews and his outfit is running out of Wilshire. I recommend them highly.

They have a fantastic, logical program that progressively builds from the basics on up. They also have the ‘retread’ program where they give a bit of a discount to folks returning to retake classes.

Fantastic value for the money.

Ek
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 6:49:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pistolskills.com

Will Andrews and his outfit is running out of Wilshire. I recommend them highly.

They have a fantastic, logical program that progressively builds from the basics on up. They also have the ‘retread’ program where they give a bit of a discount to folks returning to retake classes.

Fantastic value for the money.

Ek
View Quote

Will is who I was referring to in my first response.  He's a good guy!
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:32:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Great, thank you!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top