Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2021 2:09:35 PM EDT
New'ish.  Was a member ten or so years ago. Lost the registered email account. Thus the v2.  

Ramping back up to get shooting again on a regular basis so revisited arf.

Hometown forum seems quiet as I remember otherwise. Think one of the guys that posted and arranged alot of things moved to another state if I remember correctly. Long time ago.

Flame away now if needed so we can get it over with. That might just be a GD thing though.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 2:34:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome back.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 3:00:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Welcome back.
View Quote

Much thanks.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 3:21:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you have a range lined up that you are going to shoot at?
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 7:28:17 PM EDT
[#4]
No flaming in here brother. Welcome! What part of VA?
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 8:24:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome back from the Charlottesville area.

Bob S.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 8:47:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well,  the range that shall not be mentioned is in my area. The other range that was usually not mentioned appears to be out of business. .. A new range is under construction down the road. We'll see if they shoot themselves in the foot as the afore mentioned did.

NRA is within reach but would add to much to the total time. Don't care for the length there. The distance of the back stop really cuts down on what you can do with a pistol if I rember right. RSOs are deservedly strict with the pistol barrel staying parallel with the floor. I'll probably shoot at the place that won't be mentioned until the new place opens.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 8:53:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No flaming in here brother. Welcome! What part of VA?
View Quote

Thanks. Up north where the airplanes and datacenters roam.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 8:59:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Welcome back from the Charlottesville area.

Bob S.
View Quote

Thanks.  Nice down there.  Beautiful country as my county once was.  Apologies for the NoVA infection your area has. I try to pin most of it on the Unniveristy..;)
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 9:16:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thanks. Up north where the airplanes and datacenters roam.
View Quote

Same.  NRA is my primary range...followed by ESS if I am up for the drive or going to be in that area. I would not darken SEG's door if they paid me to shoot there... unless the ownership changed.  Not sure what to make of the new private membership place that just broke ground, but yoga? I guess we'll see.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:10:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Same.  NRA is my primary range...followed by ESS if I am up for the drive or going to be in that area. I would not darken SEG's door if they paid me to shoot there... unless the ownership changed.  Not sure what to make of the new private membership place that just broke ground, but yoga? I guess we'll see.
View Quote

Yeah. Looking at Xcals website, it's the exact business model SEG had and that failed. Failed prior to the outing and loss of business. We'll see..  New place Xcal looks to 35.00 a month for lane only  which is reasonable. Really want to know what competitions they'll be doing.. I'm going to need a lot practice.  

Link Posted: 8/1/2021 9:19:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Well,  the range that shall not be mentioned is in my area. The other range that was usually not mentioned appears to be out of business. .. A new range is under construction down the road. We'll see if they shoot themselves in the foot as the afore mentioned did.

NRA is within reach but would add to much to the total time. Don't care for the length there. The distance of the back stop really cuts down on what you can do with a pistol if I rember right. RSOs are deservedly strict with the pistol barrel staying parallel with the floor. I'll probably shoot at the place that won't be mentioned until the new place opens.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I shoot at either ESS or a private range my buddy has access to. Good luck at the range that shall not be mentioned, or you can just called it Voldemort :)
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:15:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:29:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Hi neighbor!

View Quote

Howdy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top