Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2020 4:59:44 PM EDT
Make your calls today!!

SB68

SB70

SB82
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 5:11:13 PM EDT
[#1]
That state has gone full fucking communist at this point.  I unfortunately still have property down there.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 6:59:31 PM EDT
[#2]
And I believe the legislature is going to digital meetings for the rest of the session so you can't even protest them in person at the statehouse.

ETA: Those bills were all introduced around this time last year, are they still up for consideration this year?
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 8:27:35 PM EDT
[#3]
It's sad watching what DE is becoming.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:39:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By astro_wanabe:
And I believe the legislature is going to digital meetings for the rest of the session so you can't even protest them in person at the statehouse.

ETA: Those bills were all introduced around this time last year, are they still up for consideration this year?
View Quote

Yes and yes.

Someone showed me an email from DSSA. They are meeting and voting the 26th. Everyone, please look up your district and call them.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:17:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Can you cut and paste the email?

I can find no public sources for this in 2020 and it looks to just be an Echo of the 2019 bills that did not get voted on. DSSA web page and Facebook page has no statement on this past May 2019.

I have looked at both the Delaware House and Senate Agenda's for May 26th and only see them convening for a rule change to allow them to have virtual meetings and nothing else on the agenda.

A few weeks ago, I had gotten a email from First State Firearms in New Castle basically bring up the same bills but once again, it looked like just a echo of 2019 and nothing showing movement on it in 2020 in either the media, DSSA or state legislative website.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:39:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hootbro:
Can you cut and paste the email? 

I can find no public sources for this in 2020 and it looks to just be an Echo of the 2019 bills that did not get voted on. DSSA web page and Facebook page has no statement on this past May 2019. 

I have looked at both the Delaware House and Senate Agenda's for May 26th and only see them convening for a rule change to allow them to have virtual meetings and nothing else on the agenda. 

A few weeks ago, I had gotten a email from First State Firearms in New Castle basically bring up the same bills but once again, it looked like just a echo of 2019 and nothing showing movement on it in 2020 in either the media, DSSA or state legislative website.
View Quote

I was running with this just based on the email from DSSA. Like you, I have not been able to find anything other then the emails discussing these bills coming back up. If I am able to come up with anything else I will post it here plus in GD. If this is not happening
I apologize for stirring this up.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 7:21:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep I screwed up. Reading email again it does say that they may introduce..

The Delaware General Assembly is currently scheduled to meet again beginning on May 26, 2020 – not in Legislative Hall the way they are supposed to – but “Virtually” – electronically, if you will. The details on how they intend to do this are contained in a Memorandum dated May 14, 2020 signed by the Speaker of the House and the President Pro Tempore of the Senate. A copy of that Memorandum may be found here.

That’s right – they won’t be in Legislative Hall – and neither will you, or anyone else. No one will be able to meet with their Senator or Representative and no one will be able to Rally at Legislative Hall in support of or opposition to what they are doing – but they will be doing things. Among the items they may take up are all of the things we – you included – have fought so hard to stop.

We have spoken to our attorneys and to other constitutional scholars and they tell us that what these legislative leaders are doing is “constitutionally suspect,” at best. They tell us that anything that’s done during this so-called virtual session is subject to challenge, and you can rest assured that if any part of the Carney/Townsend Gun Ban Trifecta passes, your DSSA will most definitely challenge those measures in court.

But let’s do our best to make sure that a court challenge isn’t necessary – You can help.

CALL TO ACTION
Call your Senator and your Representative Today!
Tell them to

STOP THE CARNEY/TOWNSEND GUN BAN TRIFECTA

SENATE BILL 68
ANOTHER SEMI-AUTO BAN
SENATE BILL 70
STANDARD CAPACITY MAGAZINE BAN
- 15 ROUND LIMIT
SENATE BILL 82
PURCHASE PERMIT REQUIRED
SEARCHABLE DATA BASE CREATED
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:06:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Did it pass? I assume not.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 7:48:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Pass?  No such bills have even been reintroducted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top