Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2018 10:26:43 PM EDT
I feel so much safer already. Our illustrates gov., Mr Teeth just signed a new that outlaws ‘ghost guns’. It is the lead on nj.com. Sorry, with the iPad I cannot copy & paste.

I am sure those in da hood will pay close attention to this new law. I wish I could personally ask the governor how many crimes involved ghost guns. Second, how will this new law impact those that would make a ghost gun to commit a crime? Third, would he agree to a law that states, if a firearm is used in the commission of a crime the punishment is automatic 20 years & must be served in full. That is not negotiable.

Maxwell
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 11:13:37 PM EDT
[#1]
After yesterday's election, I have no more fight left,I give up and don't care anymore.When our 2nd Amendment rights are completely gone I'll pack up my firearms and take them to my friends house in PA.I have no more plans to purchase any firearms while living in the shithole state we call New Jersey. With any luck I'll be out of here in 4 or 5 years.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 5:57:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Agreed - they can pass laws to ban everything including slingshots - I dont care anymore. It will only get real for me when the JBTs knock on my front door.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 8:14:19 AM EDT
[#3]
The law states that untraceable PARTS to manufacture firearms are immediately banned. I have a feeling that will include everything to put together an upper will no longer be allowed in NJ. That will include replacement parts, etc. Everything will have to be purchased and installed by a gunsmith. I guarantee that the Atty. Gen. will interpret that as such.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:50:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:01:04 AM EDT
[#5]
This will be next.

https://conservative-daily.com/2018/11/06/breaking-first-gun-confiscation-killing-reported-maryland/?fbclid=IwAR31Or8AGyagZhrm5LI15Gzz6omIpPX_CUXZ8siphcB-ufNEX1QsNU1KAQ8
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 11:11:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The law states that untraceable PARTS to manufacture firearms are immediately banned. I have a feeling that will include everything to put together an upper will no longer be allowed in NJ. That will include replacement parts, etc. Everything will have to be purchased and installed by a gunsmith. I guarantee that the Atty. Gen. will interpret that as such.
View Quote
I highly doubt it.  The ACTUAL wording of the law, as passed, reads:

"a firearm frame or firearm receiver which is not imprinted with a serial number registered with a federally licensed manufacturer or any combination of parts from which a firearm without a serial number may be readily manufactured, but which does not have the capacity to function as a firearm unless manufactured, is guilty of a crime of the third degree"

The text in red refers to a finished lower receiver or frame.  The text in green refers to 80% receivers and frames.  No matter how hard you try, you can't twist that around to fit a lower parts kit, for example.  I can't readily manufacture a firearm without a receiver, and I can't manufacture an untraceable firearm with a serialized receiver.

To argue otherwise is to use the same argument that the ATF will arrest anyone possessing both a shotgun and a hacksaw with intent to manufacture a short-barreled shotgun.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 12:23:47 PM EDT
[#7]
So did they just make it a felony to own pre-68 guns that never got marked with a serial?
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 12:58:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So did they just make it a felony to own pre-68 guns that never got marked with a serial?
View Quote
no

and it also still appears to be legal to own a homemade firearm manufactured in another state

ETA: reading it again it potentially could actually. It's unclear whether simply owning the receiver by itself or as part of a complete firearm matters. This could potentially ban nearly all muzzleloaders if the latter is true.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:19:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes, I believe they did.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 3:32:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Havent had a chance to read the bill yet but anything about grandfathering existing Polymer80 builds in?
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 6:44:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Havent had a chance to read the bill yet but anything about grandfathering existing Polymer80 builds in?
View Quote
Nothing has ever been Grandfathered in NJ.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 7:23:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not even a passing mention.  Anyone who previously finished an 80% out of state is now in possession of contraband.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top