Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2018 3:04:00 PM EDT
Hi All,

Anyone recall a place called the wedge in?  I believe it was in The Bronx or maybe Pelham..

Dad would take me there back in the early 70's.  I was maybe 3 or 4, but damn I remember their meatballs...  All I remember was it seemed to be at the bottom of a street and a squarish counter with stools in the middle...

I left New York in 1990, and the memories haunt me... I really miss it.

However, spending time on Arf would have you think it was the worst place in the world..
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 3:30:41 PM EDT
[#1]
New York is definitely ( ok California is a close dueling banjo) the worst state for gun owners without a doubt. At least California has good weather and lots of beaches. Both these states are in a race to the bottom as far as being livable for the average ( or even above average) working person. At some point both states will have only three groups of people 1) the poor or barely surviving either welfare mooches or those scraping by working low end service jobs
2) government employees 3) very wealthy elitists
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 3:55:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok, fine.

But growing up there in the 70s and 80s was pretty fucking awesome, regardless of what people say.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 4:51:43 PM EDT
[#3]
"Al's Mr. Wedge?"  The strip club in Hunts Point?
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 12:38:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 9:25:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for that.  Having been back a few times, it always amazed me how they just keep building and building.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 12:44:07 PM EDT
[#6]
There's a "Wedge Inn" in Stamford CT. . been there at least 30 something years. . . corner of North & Summer Sts. . . steak/chili/cheese wedge= oh yeah!
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 5:43:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ok, fine.

But growing up there in the 70s and 80s was pretty fucking awesome, regardless of what people say.
View Quote
Even on Long Island the 70's were great for most of us. The stuff we kids could do is not even imagined by today's kids. It all boils down to "safety". We rode bikes everywhere and stayed out until after dark. Sleigh riding in the sumps. Riding in the back of the station wagon. Exploring the woods nearby. That's just off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 12:45:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Even on Long Island the 70's were great for most of us. The stuff we kids could do is not even imagined by today's kids. It all boils down to "safety". We rode bikes everywhere and stayed out until after dark. Sleigh riding in the sumps. Riding in the back of the station wagon. Exploring the woods nearby. That's just off the top of my head.
View Quote
Growing up in the 60's, 70's was a great time to be a kid in New York.  I was born and lived in Queens until 1974 and spent my summers in Putnam County.  Too bad the City and State have become pale shadows of those glory days of yore!
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 12:51:30 PM EDT
[#9]
The movie “A River Runs Through It” reminds me of all the time I spent visiting family in the Catskills. Not necessarily the fishing, but the waters, the rocks, the old mountains. It was like they were always there, ever peaceful, and will be there long after we are gone.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 4:55:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm reminded of Tad's Steaks.

I miss them.  They were't THE best steak houses, but if you're in the mood for a Decent steak they were hard to beat for the price.
I could never understand why the potato was always larger than the steak.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top