Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2020 9:12:00 AM EDT
https://www.forbes.com/sites/carltonreid/2020/01/23/new-york-state-governor-mulls-car-helmet-compulsion-to-discourage-motoring/

At first I thought it was an article from The Onion but I was wrong. Apparently, because owning and driving a car in New York is not bad enough to discourage people from driving, the idea of requiring the use of helmets while driving a car might be studied. I can only imagine the seat belt checkpoints turning into helmet checkpoints with cars lined up as far as the eye can see to collect their $150 ticket. Nassau County is always setting up checkpoints at various highway entrances looking for violations so I think this would make them giddy with excitement to have passed. A helmet law would be super easy to enforce and compliance easy to see even in traffic where seatbelt usage can be hard to see.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 12:20:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes it needs to be tested on il Duce and rest of the dims before it’s released to the public
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 3:20:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes it needs to be tested on il Duce and rest of the dims before it’s released to the public
View Quote
Its too late for them, they clearly have irreversible brain damage.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 4:29:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m good with it.  I’m accustomed to it.

Think the dictator will then eliminate speed limits?  I mean really, having to stay under 80 on the thruway is rather silly and certainly a waste of time.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 7:17:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Having read it:

I think he set it up as a joke. Read the last paragraph.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 10:54:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I’m good with it.  I’m accustomed to it.

Think the dictator will then eliminate speed limits?  I mean really, having to stay under 80 on the thruway is rather silly and certainly a waste of time.
View Quote
Yea like he abides by the speed limit anyhow.. Well his detail doesn't... another reason he shouldn't have a detail..
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 5:49:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They get a special one with a droll cup
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 7:59:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Having read it:

I think he set it up as a joke. Read the last paragraph.
View Quote
With the stupid laws this state has passed in the last several years, I honestly do not know any longer what might be a joke and what might be real. This idea is just as stupid as so many other laws passed in the recent past. Joke would be on us if it suddenly became law in the middle of the night.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 4:38:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Wait, this isn't a babylonbee story?  
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 11:35:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wait, this isn't a babylonbee story?  
View Quote
No, Forbes.com
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 10:09:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Having moved out of NY for several years - I forgot about "safety checkpoints"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top