Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2020 8:59:03 PM EDT
A close family friend let me know he could get 1000 rounds of .223/5.56 for $425. He asked if I wanted a case. I thought what the hell, sure. I asked if it was brass cased and new production ammo. He responded that yes they were new and reloadable. So right away at that price I figured they were reloads. Still went forward with the order not knowing where the heck they were coming from.

I picked up the two 500 round boxes today. They are from a company called High Desert Cartridge Company. They are reloads using various 5.56 and .223 brass.

Anyone here try their ammo before? I don’t think they have a web page yet they are on Facebook. Just curious what I just purchased for range ammo.

Thanks

NW Firearms thread
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 1:02:54 AM EDT
[#1]
From their Facebook page....
"We have been contacted a lot about the availability of 9mm. As of now, we have no 9mm available as we are waiting on our primer orders to arrive.
We have been offering an option for our customers, that is; obtain your own primers and we will load 9mm for you in either 115 or 124gr TMJ bullets at a cost of 325.00 per 1,000.
We also have 124gr Nosler JHP for the cost of 425.00 per 1,000, with your primers.
So far, we have had 5 groups take us up on our offer, with one group from the Seattle area send us 40,000 primers they managed to find.
Contact us soon for more information and while 9mm components are still available.
509-772-2726"
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 2:24:32 AM EDT
[#2]
You had my attention at "ammo"
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 8:37:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You had my attention at "ammo"
View Quote

As was I. Here are a couple pics.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 8:45:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
From their Facebook page....
"We have been contacted a lot about the availability of 9mm. As of now, we have no 9mm available as we are waiting on our primer orders to arrive.
We have been offering an option for our customers, that is; obtain your own primers and we will load 9mm for you in either 115 or 124gr TMJ bullets at a cost of 325.00 per 1,000.
We also have 124gr Nosler JHP for the cost of 425.00 per 1,000, with your primers.
So far, we have had 5 groups take us up on our offer, with one group from the Seattle area send us 40,000 primers they managed to find.
Contact us soon for more information and while 9mm components are still available.
509-772-2726"
View Quote

Seattle group had 40,000 primers! Thats awesome.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 8:50:50 PM EDT
[#5]
We demoed some 223, 9mm, and 45. It all went bang, but all read kinda slow on the chrono. Good for practice ammo.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 1:48:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Not a bad price for bring your own primers.

Link Posted: 11/24/2020 4:03:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
We demoed some 223, 9mm, and 45. It all went bang, but all read kinda slow on the chrono. Good for practice ammo.
View Quote
Better than reading "Rifle blew up" though as rarely happens with reloaded ammo
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 7:14:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd buy a couple cases of 5.56 at that price.  Is there a way to place an order with them?
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:14:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was wondering about that with the whole bring your own primers thing.... I know when I am loading ammo (and it's just for me and my use). I go though a bunch of primers "working up the load". I find I have to dial a load in, just picking one out of the book. That's just not cool. Sometimes it to hot but more times than that it's to cold and you have to work it up. I have had rotten luck just picking a load and loading it. l
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 1:05:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'd buy a couple cases of 5.56 at that price.  Is there a way to place an order with them?
View Quote

From what I have read they only sell out of their store. They also stated there is no need for them to set up a web service at this time because they are selling out of stock so fast. If you live near Goldendale or have someone near there I’d definitely try and pick some up.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 9:07:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

From what I have read they only sell out of their store. They also stated there is no need for them to set up a web service at this time because they are selling out of stock so fast. If you live near Goldendale or have someone near there I’d definitely try and pick some up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately, other side of the state.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 6:52:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not a bad price for bring your own primers.

View Quote

BYOP?

I hope they do really well and see an increase in production. WA can use all the gun businesses we can get. Keeps guns from dying out in WA State.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top