Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2018 7:00:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 10:23:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I strongly encourage all RI voters to contact their State Reps and tell them, in no uncertain terms, that you demand they vote for Mattiello for House Speaker.

He is the ONE, SINGLE, PERSON that has forestalled the "Progressive" wave in RI politics, and he has managed to have most[/i] anti-RKBA legislation trashed before coming to a floor vote.

You all need to tell your State Reps that you want Mattiello re-instated as House Speaker.  Or, watch your RKBA rights go down the drain if a "Progressive" speaker is elected.

Without Mattiello, we would already have had a much stronger "Red Flag" law, and very likely a version of an "Assault Weapon" Ban, as well as a Magazine Capacity restriction.

I type this with only the RKBA
issues in mind.  I have zero connection to Mattiello in any way. I understand that some folks might have other priorities, but do some reflection, please.  Fundamental Rights, once surrendered, are gone forever.

To reiterate, PLEASE ask your RI House Rep to support Mattiello in his bid for House Speaker.   You'll be doing the RKBA cause a good turn by doing so.
View Quote

raf it was my understanding that he has already earned the votes to be speaker again. You are correct that Nick is our biggest ally.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 5:06:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 7:06:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I just hope he didn't sell his soul too much to stay Speaker and continues to stop the anti 2a bills.

I have a bad feeling about this year
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 8:50:28 AM EDT
[#4]
From my understanding, Nick is just about as pissed off as anybody about these progressive nit wits getting in. He is also not Gina's boggesy fan as well.

Many of us 2nd ammendment supporters actually helped on his campaign. For instance, as little as it might be I volunteered to hold signs outside of a polling place in Cranston, in the rain, for him after work.

He met and talked with a bunch of gun clubs, and vowed to us that no anti gun bullshit would go anywhere. He also said the same with the 2a colalition. The NRA continued with backing of him (I know we are not happy with the NRA, but frankly we need the help we can get in this state.)

We shall see, but at this point I have to put my faith in Nick's hands.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 6:33:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I was inside one of his more popular polling places taking names for his campaign. Yes, the weather sucked, but I still would have rather stood outside than put up with all the crap inside. I wonder if we were at the same polling place ... a certain school in a "wooded" area?

I am very glad to have read your words regarding his stance on our rights. I have talked to him in the past and he's always had my vote, but times change unfortunately.

As I understand it, today is the day he is formally voted in as Speaker.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 9:30:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 9:44:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 10:54:53 PM EDT
[#8]
2018 was a tough year for us.  Fung lost(again), and both Trillo and Morgan left the party.  It seems the key to winning is to back Democrats who are pro liberty.  The GOP is dead in RI, and maybe thats a good thing, as they have sucked for a very long time
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 9:45:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Well we got Nick and Dom back in place!
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 8:07:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey fellas,

Just moved here. Was at the gym and watching that peach of a governor give a speech. Only watched for one minute before that twat called for an assault weapons ban. I’m not familiar with RI politics.....is this likely?
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 11:28:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hey fellas,

Just moved here. Was at the gym and watching that peach of a governor give a speech. Only watched for one minute before that twat called for an assault weapons ban. I’m not familiar with RI politics.....is this likely?
View Quote
We have held out for awhile now.  Keep in mind the Dems control the House, Senate, and Governor.  Last year we had 4000 pro gun people show up to the gun control hearings....we stopped it.  We will need to do even more this year, so check in here, or at RIFOL and get involved.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 7:06:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hey fellas,

Just moved here. Was at the gym and watching that peach of a governor give a speech. Only watched for one minute before that twat called for an assault weapons ban. I'm not familiar with RI politics.....is this likely?
View Quote
The number of bills from both the House and Senate that want to take away our 2nd Amendment right increase every year. We have gotten lucky in that we have only lost with regards to the Red Flag Bill so far, but that by itself was a huge loss.

There are also a fair amount of pro 2nd Amendment bills that are entered and unfortunately those are never heard either.

The moment we become complacent enough to not write, call or show up for rallies will be the moment that Ratmundo signs a new bill into law that takes rights away from us.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 7:48:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

We have held out for awhile now.  Keep in mind the Dems control the House, Senate, and Governor.  Last year we had 4000 pro gun people show up to the gun control hearings....we stopped it.  We will need to do even more this year, so check in here, or at RIFOL and get involved.
View Quote
This right here. It takes a few hours of your time, but sit down, write your representatives, and then show up at the state house about 3 times a year. Our big wins are Nick and Doninique are back in power as the heads of the House and Senate. Plus even though the state is controlled by dems, many of them are very pro gun.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 8:15:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok, I will be following you guys for when these things go down
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 6:18:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top