Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2021 2:52:08 PM EDT
Just to let all you guys know the The Gun Store is under new ownership. Bob Irwin is no longer affiliated with the business at all.  We are undergoing a total remodel and are striving to be more local friendly. Our CCW instructors are top notch. Sasha and Felicia are great and know their stuff. We are doing classes 3 times a week. I still do a class once a month for renewals.  We did get a large shipment of 9mm in last week and are selling it for $849.95 for a thousand rounds. I know that is crazy high but we are not making much money on it at all as we had to pay way more than we have had to in the past.   If any of you are familiar with the current ammo shortage you know there is a lot of price gouging going on. We are also being beaten up by our suppliers as well  and shipments have been very small. I do not feel the situation will improve any time soon. Please don't take it out on us as we are trying our best to keep prices down. I going to double post this response as a new thread to let you guys  know the situation. Thanks
Tony
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:15:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Best of luck in your new endeavor.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:35:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Just had the renewal class with Sasha and Felicia, they were great!!! Would recommend plus Felicia reminds me of my niece.
Good Luck.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 12:20:48 AM EDT
[#3]
There was an Asian guy teaching CCW courses. I can't remember his name right now. Is he gone too?
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 10:22:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Good to see you at the range Tony.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 5:16:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Good seeing you also. Wish it was warmer and less windy.

Jeremy was the Asian guy teaching for us. He is no longer working for us.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:56:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, heck. If Irwin is gone, maybe I will wander in there again someday.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 9:26:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just to let all you guys know the The Gun Store is under new ownership. Bob Irwin is no longer affiliated with the business at all.  We are undergoing a total remodel and are striving to be more local friendly. Our CCW instructors are top notch. Sasha and Felicia are great and know their stuff. We are doing classes 3 times a week. I still do a class once a month for renewals.  We did get a large shipment of 9mm in last week and are selling it for $849.95 for a thousand rounds. I know that is crazy high but we are not making much money on it at all as we had to pay way more than we have had to in the past.   If any of you are familiar with the current ammo shortage you know there is a lot of price gouging going on. We are also being beaten up by our suppliers as well  and shipments have been very small. I do not feel the situation will improve any time soon. Please don't take it out on us as we are trying our best to keep prices down. I going to double post this response as a new thread to let you guys  know the situation. Thanks
Tony
View Quote

Tony,

I took my CCW renewal at TGS today. Kudos to Felecia and Sasha for putting on an informative and engaging class. I've completed previous CCW classes there with Jeremy (1x) and Bob E. (2x), and I have to say that today's class was easily the best out of the four to date. They're great in class and on the range too, and work well together as a team. Good job to whoever hired and grew them into those roles. They're an asset to the business for sure.

The store looks good too, there's a decent selection of relevant gear and accessories, and the prices are quite reasonable by brick and mortar standards. I purchased my first firearm there many many years ago and do appreciate the comfort level of going back there to do my classes, even though they're no longer free. I hope you continue to do well.

PS: Today's price for a case of 9mm in the store is less than what you quoted above :)
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 5:52:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the kind words. The Girls are doing a great job with the Classes. We try to make it as stress free as possible. The store is coming along but with the situation as it is now in the industry it is very difficult to get inventory and some distributors are really taking advantage of it. We got another shipment of 9mm and are able to give a better price than before and it is now $759.00 a thousand. Still crazy compared to pre COVID prices but we are not making a bunch on it at all. We are redoing a few of the ranges and putting in a VIP lounge and a new range system. Unfortunately because of the way the range was built by the previous owner we are still limited to use Frangible Ammunition. That stuff is crazy expensive but we have no choice in the matter unless we redesign the entire ventilation system. It is also in short supply and are using it for classes and range rentals only. All we need is to get back to some semblance to normalcy and we should be ok. Some tourists would also be nice to supplement the rental program.   Thanks for the support.
Tony
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top