Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2021 8:33:57 AM EDT
So, the family and I are headed to New Orleans in a couple of weeks for vacation. We visited a couple of years ago and had a great time. The family wanted to take a ride on the Natchez riverboat, so the wife bought tickets. My question for you guys is will I have any carry issues on the boat? Metal detectors or such? Any info would be great, Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 9:31:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Hmmmm...so I guess you guys don't do the tourist trap stuff in your own state. Not really surprised at that I guess. We found out today that the river boats have been suspended due to the increase in covid. We may be canceling the trip anyway. Maybe next year. Thanks anyways.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 6:09:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry man, our HTF is pretty dead. Some one will periodically check in from time to time I think

I personally couldn’t answer your question, but it does suck having to cancel yalls trip.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 8:11:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I never saw a metal detector for the boat, though it has been a while.  Another thing to note about New Orleans is that effective 8-16-21 you can't go on the boat whenever it operates again, eat in a restaurant, see a show, drink in a bar, go to the gym, or attend a large outdoor concert without proof of vaccination.  So I would suggest skipping this shithole in general.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 8:42:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the update. We canceled yesterday and will try and get something on the coast here. You guys say safe around there, hope things get better.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 5:15:44 PM EDT
[#5]
NO is not the place to visit....we do not go there anymore...run by some bone head democrats and the crime is bad.

We live 40 miles north and had zoo and WWII museum annual passes and gave those up.   There are some real nice places to visit in LA, try NW LA, Natchitohes area, beautiful....
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 8:15:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 77Bronc:
NO is not the place to visit....we do not go there anymore...run by some bone head democrats and the crime is bad.

We live 40 miles north and had zoo and WWII museum annual passes and gave those up.   There are some real nice places to visit in LA, try NW LA, Natchitohes area, beautiful....
View Quote

Born and raised in Louisiana. I feel the same way. We haven't been in years but when we do it is usually a day trip to the quarter and get out before dark.
Daughter went down to NO recently. Bourbon Street was sketchy as shit and had five shooting that night.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top