Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/7/2018 2:00:24 PM EDT
It's snowing here today so I was reading at another NY Firearms website in their Laws and Politics section and the poster was dumping pretty hard on Tom King pretty hard about a new building he is proposing to purchase. Any truth to be found in that story?
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 12:05:28 AM EDT
[#1]
What would they need a building for anyway? It's not a large organization, rented office space should be plenty.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 7:40:39 AM EDT
[#2]
That was one of the points the poster made. They said there are only two employees!
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 10:30:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like the government, give them too much money and they will come up with ways to spend it that benefit very few of their constituents!

If this is the case, my money will stop going to them.  Very easy decision to make and even easier to carry out!

Bill
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 1:48:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That was one of the points the poster made. They said there are only two employees!
View Quote
Is the guy who posts the Lizard People/Hillary garbage and the neverending Trump memes on their payroll? I know NYSRPA donated more to his failed political campaigns than they did to Astorino.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 2:20:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sounds like the government, give them too much money and they will come up with ways to spend it that benefit very few of their constituents!

If this is the case, my money will stop going to them.  Very easy decision to make and even easier to carry out!

Bill
View Quote
Sounds like your typical cheap as fuck gun owner justifying being too cheap to support gun rights organizations.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 12:40:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Dosen't FUAC and his co-horts call the NYSRPA the "mini-NRA"?
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 10:36:04 PM EDT
[#7]
What they are buying is a former Business building for a lot less than market value, and even after improvements are made will still be well under assessment, and factored against rent for their current location it doesn't take an accountant to figure out it saves money and will pay for itself in a few years....BTW: Ever TRY and park anywhere near the Capital Office Buildings? say Swan, Central, Eagle, etc.?
It's a damn good idea, and one supported overwhelmingly by the Board.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 10:38:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's correct: there are only two paid persons, everyone else puts their money where their mouth is and volunteers....usually the ones that bitch the most, do the least including contribute.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 10:42:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Bill
View Quote
The Organization has got to have a headquarters, a building or Office Space; this comes at a premium in downtown Albany or anywhere else outside the ghetto.  It's physically responsible to minimize the outflow of money by purchasing this ,sub-$200k property.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 8:57:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The Organization has got to have a headquarters, a building or Office Space; this comes at a premium in downtown Albany or anywhere else outside the ghetto.  It's physically responsible to minimize the outflow of money by purchasing this ,sub-$200k property.
View Quote
The original question was did the post on the other forum have any merit. Thanks for your input.

Now back to my question of a few months ago, why hasn't there been any updates to the organization's website's home page since October? We read here a few days ago about a new court case that was filed but there is nothing to be found on the NYSRPA website. The last "Press Release" posted to the website was in 2015. If one know's enough, they can look at Mr King's Facebook account BUT if they don't know to look there, they would not know of any current work that is being done. Again I ask, is there a reason he (or his helper) can't post info in both places?

If someone doesn't say anything, my prediction is the next post to the website will be for: NYSRPA 147th Annual Meeting of Members & Sports Expo. Save the date May 19, 2018.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 1:15:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Sounds like your typical cheap as fuck gun owner justifying being too cheap to support gun rights organizations.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bill
Sounds like your typical loud as fuck jerk on the web that cannot read a full post or ask a question before mouthing off!

As I stated, "If this is the case, my money will stop" which means I am waiting for additional information.

Thank you FP1201 for clarifying!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quoted:
Quoted:

Bill

Thanks for clarifying, I knew someone here would have details.

Bill
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 1:18:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What they are buying is a former Business building for a lot less than market value, and even after improvements are made will still be well under assessment, and factored against rent for their current location it doesn't take an accountant to figure out it saves money and will pay for itself in a few years....BTW: Ever TRY and park anywhere near the Capital Office Buildings? say Swan, Central, Eagle, etc.?
It's a damn good idea, and one supported overwhelmingly by the Board.
View Quote
With this information I’ll change my opinion to a thumbs up on the matter.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 1:29:56 PM EDT
[#13]
NYSRPA should embed their Facebook feed on their website so their social media updates display on the NYSRPA website.

Easy way to keep things somewhat current.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 1:39:02 PM EDT
[#14]
I can say a lot of things being a Board Member, however I am not the spokesperson for NYSRPA and have to respect that position.
Facebook seems to bring the most responses and viewership to the Organization....I don't necessarily "like" FB, but the platform is there and effective.
NYSPA's web site is essentially run by a couple volunteers, as most everything else....even when we have BoD Meetings, we eat basic Lunch fair such as chips & Sandwiches...frugality is observed when and where possible; this I assure you of.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:08:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Fuck NYSRPA and double fuck Tom King.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:06:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
We'll here's a guy who clearly read the thread.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 10:37:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
OK, tell me why?
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 9:39:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Never mind.
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 3:13:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
OK, tell me why?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OK, tell me why?
Blocking anyone on Facebook that they don't agree with, sudden large salary increase at the same time the fight the Safe Act donations were pouring in, allowing board members who own gun shops to not pay for advertising and general foolishness, etc.
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 5:16:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Blocking anyone on Facebook that they don't agree with, Without knowing the specifics, such as rudeness, name calling, liable, etc. there's no way to know exactly why post were removed or persons blocked; suffice to say that most FB admins will KO posts if the content posted on their page is questionable or unacceptable

sudden large salary increase at the same time the fight the Safe Act donations were pouring in, During the time of the SAFE Act lawsuit there was only ONE paid person: Brenda, the Lady that runs the Office, process memberships, spends weekends at gunshows, etc.  About two years ago, the Executive Board decided to hire Tom King as Executive Director, so yea I guess payroll doubled because a second person was hired, and while I cannot discuss their compensation, I can say it's about what you'd make a Mc Donalds....jack-schitt!

allowing board members who own gun shops to not pay for advertising I'm going to assume you're talking about Brian Olsen and his Shops: Brian is without doubt one of NYSRPA's biggest supporters and donors IF he actually got a "free ad" who gives a shit? Really?  If I donated a $4K rifle to your organization and they said "hey, can we put up an ad in our Monthly magazine to our members to tell folks about you and say thanks!"  Think about it.

and general foolishness, Be specific or I call BULLSHIT! etc.
View Quote
Tom King might rub you and others the wrong way, good leaders usually do. That said he has been and continues to be the leading pro-gun activist in Albany par none.  If you or anyone else has a viable plan of action and willingness to make it a full time vocation then put your time, money, and effort into the organization. I hear and read a lot of bitching, but seldom see anything more than a membership being bought or a donation more than the cost of a meal. It s not my intention to lump us all together, only to point out there is much, much more to all this than appears at first glance.  If anyone has questions or issues, feel free to contact me and I will answer off-line or direct you to those who can.

Oh, and if this is Andy: give it a rest, and take your meds.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 1:51:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Tom King might rub you and others the wrong way, good leaders usually do. That said he has been and continues to be the leading pro-gun activist in Albany par none.  If you or anyone else has a viable plan of action and willingness to make it a full time vocation then put your time, money, and effort into the organization. I hear and read a lot of bitching, but seldom see anything more than a membership being bought or a donation more than the cost of a meal. It s not my intention to lump us all together, only to point out there is much, much more to all this than appears at first glance.  If anyone has questions or issues, feel free to contact me and I will answer off-line or direct you to those who can.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Blocking anyone on Facebook that they don't agree with, Without knowing the specifics, such as rudeness, name calling, liable, etc. there's no way to know exactly why post were removed or persons blocked; suffice to say that most FB admins will KO posts if the content posted on their page is questionable or unacceptable

sudden large salary increase at the same time the fight the Safe Act donations were pouring in, During the time of the SAFE Act lawsuit there was only ONE paid person: Brenda, the Lady that runs the Office, process memberships, spends weekends at gunshows, etc.  About two years ago, the Executive Board decided to hire Tom King as Executive Director, so yea I guess payroll doubled because a second person was hired, and while I cannot discuss their compensation, I can say it's about what you'd make a Mc Donalds....jack-schitt!

allowing board members who own gun shops to not pay for advertising I'm going to assume you're talking about Brian Olsen and his Shops: Brian is without doubt one of NYSRPA's biggest supporters and donors IF he actually got a "free ad" who gives a shit? Really?  If I donated a $4K rifle to your organization and they said "hey, can we put up an ad in our Monthly magazine to our members to tell folks about you and say thanks!"  Think about it.

and general foolishness, Be specific or I call BULLSHIT! etc.

There's a McDonald's that pays $80,000 a year?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 2:31:40 PM EDT
[#22]
I was banned from NYSRPA’s page immediately after I made a post questioning why they were supporting Eric Schneiderman’s position on banning toy guns. I made no personal attack or derogatory remarks. I simply made the point that you can’t compromise with people like Schneiderman in the hopes that they will meet you half way on some other issue.

I know of numerous other people banned under similar circumstances.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 8:40:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53961/Screenshot_20180312-134614-479872.JPG
View Quote
$75,000 is about right:  is that out of line for managing a 45,000 member organization?
I do know of other Executive Directors managing Not of Profit Organizations in that same pay scale...Volunteer only goes just so far.
As for being kicked off FB: I have no knowledge or control over that...given the trolls, and anti-gun sentiment, it wouldn't surprise me if lots of people were/are kicked off deserving or not.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 10:45:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
$75,000 is about right:  is that out of line for managing a 45,000 member organization?
I do know of other Executive Directors managing Not of Profit Organizations in that same pay scale...Volunteer only goes just so far.
As for being kicked off FB: I have no knowledge or control over that...given the trolls, and anti-gun sentiment, it wouldn't surprise me if lots of people were/are kicked off deserving or not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53961/Screenshot_20180312-134614-479872.JPG
So which is it? A reasonable salary for an executive director of a not-for-profit, or jack shit McDonald's wages?
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 11:11:53 PM EDT
[#25]
The amount of sand in manginas here is astounding.

Those screaming the most know the least.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 9:23:15 PM EDT
[#26]
There's plenty of truth to that post about NYSRPA. Don't be gullible enough to believe the brown nosing NYSRPA board member on this thread.

Search these two things to learn exactly what NYSRPA is all about.

6 Things NYSRPA Does Not Want its Members to Know
Tom King Sells Out NYSRPA Members, Again

This board member is also ignorant or a liar. NYSRPA does not have anywhere near 45,000 members and is losing money big time because members are deserting after learning how King got himself such an inordinate pay package and does nothing of value.

Fact is, King did not disclose that he lived 2 minutes away from this club house when he asked the board for money to buy it, nor did he present the building or neighborhood in an accurate light.  I know this for fact because I called a board member after I read about this. Why was he not honest and forthright in his request?

The occupancy costs will go up massively and all just to have tom King have a convenient place 2 minutes away from his house.

There is no benefit to NYSRPA members to buying this building!  NONE! It is all about corrupt Tom King and, to quote NY Gun Forum., his "Chimpanzee like yes men" who will do anything he says to do. After all that's why they were picked by King to be on the Board in the first place.

King also sucks up almost $100,000 a year and NYSRPA is about an ineffective as it comes. And he also wanted to hire a lawyer who sits on his board for $275 an hour with a huge non-use penalty to compensate him for work he did as a volunteer.  Again, to this brown nosing board member; please explain this to us and if you lie, I just may post the document proving this arrangement to show you are a liar.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 9:35:00 PM EDT
[#27]
King makes $90,000 in salary and the payroll taxes bring it up to nearly $100,000. The tax return this NYSRPA board member shows is a partial year from March- December. As an NYSRPA board member, he knows that, and yet he posted false information.

Same with the Olesen post.  Olesen is a NYSRPA board member and King loaned him nearly $12,000 of member money. It was not a single free ad. It's in the NYSRPA tax returns and if this brown nosing NYSRPA board member denies it, I will post the tax return to show he is a liar.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 9:53:51 PM EDT
[#28]
So you've had a burner account here for nearly five years just to attack Tom King. Why don't you just tell us what your other screenname is already.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 10:10:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Donald Trump
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 8:06:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
There's plenty of truth to that post about NYSRPA. Don't be gullible enough to believe the brown nosing NYSRPA board member on this thread.
Are you not the Board member that was removed for refusing to sign a non-disclosure agreement in accordance with State Law?
The same one that copied pages and pages of unproved accusations involving Brian Olsen (who by the way was give a "No Bill" buy FOUR DIFFERENT Grand Juries) and was laughed at when you told Tom King that "you work for ME"?

Search these two things to learn exactly what NYSRPA is all about.

6 Things NYSRPA Does Not Want its Members to Know
Tom King Sells Out NYSRPA Members, Again

this is nothing more than a ill-conceived hit-piece posted on multiple internet boards using different user names: ZERO Creditability, just like all the horse shit you posted and came to the Board with to satisfy a personal vendetta.

This board member is also ignorant or a liar. NYSRPA does not have anywhere near 45,000 members and is losing money big time because members are deserting after learning how King got himself such an inordinate pay package and does nothing of value.  The Financial Reports and Audits have all been conducted, certified, and filed in accordance with State and Federal Law: Everything is above board and viewable with the proper credentials.

OK, I'm ignorant and you're right: NYSRPA has closer to 40,000 members, a number that varies with Election cycles and Pending Legislation. Tom King's salary is more than I thought, and a hell of a lot more than you make, which is why you've such a hard-on for him.  The Executive Board (you know, the ones that have been with NYSRPA for decades, the ones that kicked you to the curb) They, with the Lawyers that revised the Organizations By-Laws and brought it up to current standards decided to offer the position and compensation package....Don't like it? take it up with them

Fact is, King did not disclose that he lived 2 minutes away from this club house when he asked the board for money to buy it, nor did he present the building or neighborhood in an accurate light.  I know this for fact because I called a board member after I read about this. Why was he not honest and forthright in his request?

WTF? Everybody knows/knew where Tom and Brenda live, knew where the Building was located, and the fact that it's a few miles away really doesn't mean shit. Tom sent the entire Board the Real-estate listing, from there, it's really easy to learn everything one wants to know.
It's a sound investment that even after improvements and modifications is well under both asking and appraised price. Do you have any idea what that Office building on Swan street cost a month? how about what it costs for parking and utilities. After the last BoD meeting, everyone drove over and looked at the property and unanimously approved: it WILL make an excellent Headquarters for the Association and will allow a venue for training, conferences, meetings, and other functions.

The occupancy costs will go up massively and all just to have tom King have a convenient place 2 minutes away from his house.
No, no it won't, in FACT it will go down; Rent is gone forever, ownership is a recoverable asset.

There is no benefit to NYSRPA members to buying this building!  NONE! It is all about corrupt Tom King and, to quote NY Gun Forum., his "Chimpanzee like yes men" who will do anything he says to do. After all that's why they were picked by King to be on the Board in the first place.
Seems to me you too were once a "yes man" until you were physically ejected and fired from your position. (oh, and Tom never knew or met me, so there goes that argument)

King also sucks up almost $100,000 a year and NYSRPA is about an ineffective as it comes.Subjective words from a hater  And he also wanted to hire a lawyer who sits on his board for $275 an hour with a huge non-use penalty to compensate him for work he did as a volunteer.  Again, to this brown nosing board member; please explain this to us and if you lie, I just may post the document proving this arrangement to show you are a liar.
We have a well known Attorney that sits on the Board of Directors, one who has provided members with countless hours of Legal advise and Legal Services FREE OF CHARGE; She did make a request to be compensated for her time at a rate substantially lower than what the NRA Charges and Suggested: Do you know opposed that request that most? The very two that you hate the most.
BTW: Post it if you must, matters not as it was rejected and is a moot point.
View Quote
We all see that you've got problems and issues, most could be solved with counseling, Therapy, and medication: I would strongly encourage you to seek help before you push someone a bit too far with baseless allegations, as next time I won't be there to stop people from stomping your ass...yea, that was me that kept you from being arrested and having the shit beat out of you for picking a fight.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 8:14:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
King makes $90,000 in salary and the payroll taxes bring it up to nearly $100,000. The tax return this NYSRPA board member shows is a partial year from March- December. As an NYSRPA board member, he knows that, and yet he posted false information.
I posted that he makes about what a Mc Donald's Manager makes (which an internet search shows upwards of $75K) and I was wrong: according you, he makes around $100K. Good for him, I had nothing to do nor knowledge of his compensation until you harped on it.

Same with the Olesen post.  Olesen is a NYSRPA board member and King loaned him nearly $12,000 of member money. It was not a single free ad. It's in the NYSRPA tax returns and if this brown nosing NYSRPA board member denies it, I will post the tax return to show he is a liar. Post it, I'd like to see the proof, and then ask exactly what that's all about. If he did "loan" money he was authorized by position to do so, and given what Brian has DONATED to the Association, I just have to call bullshit!  
View Quote
You might take so pointers from Alex Jones when concocting conspiracies.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 10:06:32 PM EDT
[#32]
"Post it, I'd like to see the proof, and then ask exactly what that's all about. If he did "loan" money he was authorized by position to do so, and given what Brian has DONATED to the Association, I just have to call bullshit!"

Every person who is reading the above quote from a brown noser of an NYSRPA Board member, please see proof of King's loan of NYSRPA member funds to his friend and Board member Brian Olesen at the following link.

https://www.charitiesnys.com/RegistrySearch/show_details.jsp?id=%7bB6BFE5C2-E352-4D34-831C-FAEA7ED3ED3F%7d

Go to the 2015 financial filing from NYSRPA.  Click it and go to page 11, column 5 to see "Loans... from.. board members" of $11,946.  Then skip to the 3rd to last page.  Here you will find Olesen's name, his board member status, and the amount King loaned him for advertising in Bullet magazine: $11,946.  And then think of how much a fool this browning nosing board member really is and how he will back Tom King at all costs and all facts. THAT BEHAVIOR is the very definition of a brown noser if ever there was one!

Now, go to the below link on AR-15.com to learn about Olesen's criminal background and FFL revocation.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/hometown/-/9-279199/?page=1

Finally, ask yourself whether Tom King is the type of person you want handling your membership and donation funds made to NYSRPA?

And for more facts about Tom King's nearly 20 year tenure at NYSRPA, see:

https://nygunforum.com/threads/6-things-nysrpa-does-not-want-you-to-know.1421/

https://nygunforum.com/threads/tom-king-sells-out-nysrpa-members-again.9939/
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 10:13:30 PM EDT
[#33]
fp1201 is full of it, delusional and sees some phantom person behind every person who thinks Tom King is corrupt. He/she accuses every poster of being some phantom conspiracy theorist just like Hillary Clinton did when she called her many detractors part of a vast right wing conspiracy.  King's BS is well known on all manner of internet forums as is his dismal performance. The decline in NYSRPA membership shows just that. And you don't have to ask SCOPE to see why.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 10:57:35 PM EDT
[#34]
I guess the Feds are in the habit of paying out large monetary settlements to those they accuse when the accused were guilty? No, no that wouldn't make sense now would it. The Feds did settle, the Special Agent in charge of the persecution is no more, and Brian Olesen is one of the largest independent firearms dealers in the Northeast... go figure.

Meanwhile I think A*** might be the first person in NY who will be deemed an extreme risk and become prohibited based on his unhinged and libelous rants on here and other boards.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm popcorn!
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 8:08:25 AM EDT
[#35]
If what you claim was true of the feds, it would be all over the press. Olesen LOST his federal lawsuits at the trial and appeals level. You are just a gullible fool and one of Tom King's butt boys/ mouthpieces trying desperately to divert attention from the facts about NYSRPA and how King runs it for his own benefit. And if Olesen is such a large gun dealer, than why didn't he pay his advertising bills to NYSRPA and needed King to loan him almost $12,000 of NYSRPA member money?

I bet you are now going to tell us all how King is worth paying nearly $100,000 of member money, aren't you? And your accusations about "unhinged" show you have no clue.  King's non-sense and corrupt ways of using member money for his own benefit is documented all over the net.  I learned about it from an e-mail that went to every SCOPE chapter in the state and at least 3 gun clubs' mailing lists. They wwr all very willing to pass the info along so that members know who is running the NYSRPA and how their donations are used.  Result:  NYSRPA is in a financial nosedive.

Now tell me why he never disclosed to his board that the building he wants to buy is 2 minutes away from his house?  That's the latest example of NYSRPA using member money for King, not for members.

Every member should study the financials of NYSRPA and then decide if King is worth what he is being paid.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 8:36:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
If what you claim was true of the feds, it would be all over the press. Olesen LOST his federal lawsuits at the trial and appeals level. You are just a gullible fool and one of Tom King's butt boys/ mouthpieces trying desperately to divert attention from the facts about NYSRPA and how King runs it for his own benefit. And if Olesen is such a large gun dealer, than why didn't he pay his advertising bills to NYSRPA and needed King to loan him almost $12,000 of NYSRPA member money?

I bet you are now going to tell us all how King is worth paying nearly $100,000 of member money, aren't you? And your accusations about "unhinged" show you have no clue.  King's non-sense and corrupt ways of using member money for his own benefit is documented all over the net.  I learned about it from an e-mail that went to every SCOPE chapter in the state and at least 3 gun clubs' mailing lists. They wwr all very willing to pass the info along so that members know who is running the NYSRPA and how their donations are used.  Result:  NYSRPA is in a financial nosedive.

Now tell me why he never disclosed to his board that the building he wants to buy is 2 minutes away from his house?  That's the latest example of NYSRPA using member money for King, not for members.

Every member should study the financials of NYSRPA and then decide if King is worth what he is being paid.
View Quote
How about you stop being a coward and tell us who you are. I'm willing to post up my information and relationship to Brian and Tom. Are you willing to do the same? No I bet you're not because you know you'll get sued into destitution for your libelous and defamatory remarks. You're pretty "brave" sniping anonymously. Shit, the Broward County deputy who stood outside and let 17 kids die is more courageous than you are.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 5:36:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Hey, pal, the truth is an absolute defense and the published press on Olesen and the financial statements on King show who these two bozos really are.  TRUTH TRUMPS STUPIDITY.

You just can't handle the facts just like the brown noser above, whoever he or she is.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 5:48:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
fp1201 is full of it, delusional and sees some phantom person behind every person who thinks Tom King is corrupt.
Tell me more about this delusion; so far the only "phantom" is you hiding behind a five year old account with (5) Posts

He/she accuses every poster of being some phantom conspiracy theorist just like Hillary Clinton did when she called her many detractors part of a vast right wing conspiracy.  Please, please show us all where and how YOU arrived at this conclusion

King's BS is well known on all manner of internet forums as is his dismal performance.
Did anyone ever tell you NOT to believe everything you read on the internet?
Seems to me the biggest detractor is you...congratulations; You've smeared Tom and Brian into shame....NOT!

The decline in NYSRPA membership shows just that.
I suppose there has been a decline in membership and contributions after the SAFE Act Lawsuit was dropped, but let's face it, with the death of Scalia that Lawsuit was too big a risk to everyoneand not just NYS. Membership waxes and wanes, but is still the largest, oldest, and strongest 2A Organization in NY.
FWIW: SCOPE, GOA, and the "other" pro-gun forces that were going to overturn the Act haven't done so, in fact they never even made it to Court. (or anymore Rallies)

And you don't have to ask SCOPE to see why.
SCOPE is in tatters; and were it not for the local chapters keeping their shit together they might completely fold.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 5:51:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Hey, pal, the truth is an absolute defense and the published press on Olesen and the financial statements on King show who these two bozos really are.  TRUTH TRUMPS STUPIDITY.

You just can't handle the facts just like the brown noser above, whoever he or she is.
View Quote
OK, if it's all there Post it with links.
You're an accountant: show us all these Financial Statements and the explanations that accompany them.
Show us the "TRUTH" of I call BULLSHIT!
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 6:13:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Even IF it were true, really: what is it to you?  You're all tied in with SCOPE, and hate NYSRPA and Tom King; seems to me you'd be happy about their demise and nefarious actions....do you even have a NYSRPA membership?

I bet you are now going to tell us all how King is worth paying nearly $100,000 of member money, aren't you?
I think it's a lot money, but it's not your call or mine.
And your accusations about "unhinged" show you have no clue. No, your rantings show you have no clue.  
King's non-sense and corrupt ways of using member money for his own benefit is documented all over the net.
You keep carping about it being "all over the net" yet fail to provide documentation beside links to your other rants. Again, what do you think an Executive Director should be paid? How do you arrive at that conclusion?
I learned about it from an e-mail that went to every SCOPE chapter in the state and at least 3 gun clubs' mailing lists.
So, another Organization put out a hit piece against NYSRPA and its leadership...that makes no sense. One might well assume you were the source of this e-mail....Perhaps it was SCOPES former President, the one that wanted to take over NYSRPA that put it out.

They wwr all very willing to pass the info along so that members know who is running the NYSRPA and how their donations are used.  Result:  NYSRPA is in a financial nosedive. So you have access and know how much Money NYSRPA has?

Now tell me why he never disclosed to his board that the building he wants to buy is 2 minutes away from his house?  That's the latest example of NYSRPA using member money for King, not for members. I suppose no one on the Board was smart enough to figure out that the address for the Building was in Greenbush same as Tom....you should be Chief of Detectives

Put some time in, attend meetings, Lobby, fund raise, handle administrative duties, man an outreach booth, and take care of all the other duties that go along with it, factor it against lost revenues from time taken it out of your personal life, then tell us how its "too much".  
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 9:44:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Then stop being a coward and say who you are. If you get sued for libel and defamation you'll get to depose your opposition in court. Isn't that what you want? Stop being a chicken shit and sniping anonymously. If "truth" is your defense what the fuck are you so scared of?
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 12:47:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
So put your money where your mouth is.  

Link Posted: 3/25/2018 10:17:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Those screaming the most know the least.
View Quote
That brings to mind the question, why do we know so little?

That's probably one of the biggest complaints of NYSRPA members. "..is that out of line for managing a 45,000 member organization...", he's apparently not having a lot of difficulty or spending too much time managing me. But then I don't go n Facebook.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 3:27:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
fp1201 is full of it, delusional and sees some phantom person behind every person who thinks Tom King is corrupt. He/she accuses every poster of being some phantom conspiracy theorist just like Hillary Clinton did when she called her many detractors part of a vast right wing conspiracy.  King's BS is well known on all manner of internet forums as is his dismal performance. The decline in NYSRPA membership shows just that. And you don't have to ask SCOPE to see why.
View Quote
There is some serious animosity here against Tom King here, and it would almost seem against the NYSRPA and its ranking members in general.

If you join or donate to an organization that has over 1000 members, you should be fully aware that at least a portion of the money generated by that organization will be going towards the administrative costs of running that organization. When you get to be the size of an organization approaching 45000 members, there is going to be significant time and effort involved in managing, representing members, and lobbying for that organizations positions. Would it not be justifiable to compensate people for their time? Tom King lobbies the NYS Legislative Groups as well as the Federal Groups for the NRA. So whether you like it or not, there is significant time and effort devoted to these activities, as well as exhausting travel and public appearances. to pay someone 100K a year, to have to live in the Albany area, travel constantly and be called upon to be the face of an organization is a very minimal investment.

Arguing against the purchase of a 200K office building in the area of any of the major 4 major metropolitan areas of NY (Buffalo, Albany, Syracuse, or NYC area (sorry Rochester and Binghamton!)) is utterly ignorant to the very principles of business alone. a 200k office building will most definitely grow in value in the coming years do to a variety of factors, which is what most people would call a SOLID INVESTMENT.

All organizations have waste, whether through corruption or bad financial planning. To expect otherwise is just naive and indeed foolish. The NRA and the NYSRPA have not shown me in any case that they are corrupt spenders, so any waste might be attributed to bad business performance.

At the end of the day, if you don't want to be part of an organization you are always free to cut ties. But to sit here and disparage people who put a lot of time and energy into helping other members here is just juvenile and idiotic. If you have a personal quarrel with someone, doesn't it make much more sense to be a mature adult and take that issue up with them personally? And while I am doing my best to refrain from personal judgement, it would seem that your specific ax that you want to grind with FP1201 is just making you look unhinged. I have never even met the person behind the screen name but he has always been supportive of other members of this website and has never said anything to attack someone personally as you have him.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 12:36:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 2:03:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Whatever the back and forth 1201 has proven to have integrity and intellect.   I’ll go with what he says
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 2:30:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Which one is the one where the guy was using the corporate credit card to pay for dry cleaning and groceries? I get this one and scope confused.

I wouldn't think office space would be very expensive in Albany, downtown looks like a set from a plague movie. But whatever, got to have some kind of business space I guess. $ 75k seems like a pretty reasonable salary? Is this a full time gig for someone?
View Quote
Arbor Hill is pretty much Zombieland.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 7:18:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 8:41:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I was banned from NYSRPA’s page immediately after I made a post questioning why they were supporting Eric Schneiderman’s position on banning toy guns. I made no personal attack or derogatory remarks. I simply made the point that you can’t compromise with people like Schneiderman in the hopes that they will meet you half way on some other issue.

I know of numerous other people banned under similar circumstances.
View Quote
With all the purse swinging this question from Tahawus seems to have gone unanswered...I'd like to know the answer....seems anyone who would join forces with Schneiderman is a turncoat and traitor...Schneiderman is a scumbag and pure evil.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 4:38:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

With all the purse swinging this question from Tahawus seems to have gone unanswered...I'd like to know the answer....seems anyone who would join forces with Schneiderman is a turncoat and traitor...Schneiderman is a scumbag and pure evil.
View Quote
I do not know why  Tahawus was banned or deleted from the NYSRPA FB page, and again, the person that was admin/monitoring the Page was Hospitalized and from what I was told hasn't been able to continue taking care of it. There are plans in motion to Professionally update NYSRPA's Website, and Social Media sites.  I dare say that if you have any other questions or input on the subject to contact Tom King: If you e-mail or call him, he invariably replies in a timely fashion.

There is NO ONE on the Board of Directors or any other position within the Organization embraces AG Schneiderman in any way, shape or form. Being Polite, courteous, and respectful is a hallmark of any professional interaction: One may not like him or his views, but is entitled the respect due the Office.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top