Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2019 5:54:26 PM EDT
Don't mean to intrude in your forum but the details of this charge are very vague on this out here

https://www.fox29.com/news/new-jersey-sues-dealer-over-sales-of-firearm-magazines

Was it a mail order sale or an over the counter sale at the store? I am in the trade in Las Vegas  and there are no restrictions on over the counter sales of mags. Just wondering if you guys could fill us in on specifics. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 6:02:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Three key points:

Cease-and-desist letter.
Entrapment. Turban.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 10:43:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Was it a mail order sale or an over the counter sale at the store? I am in the trade in Las Vegas  and there are no restrictions on over the counter sales of mags. Just wondering if you guys could fill us in on specifics. Thanks.
View Quote

It has to be mail order.  Otherwise there could be no way to go after the retailer.  Similarly, fireworks are illegal here in NJ.  There are fireworks stores right over the border in PA that happily sell to NJ residents (curiously, you have to PROVE that you are from NJ, or actually that you are not from PA, as the sale of those fireworks to PA residents is not legal).  The NJ state police routinely stake these joints out, and bust the people with the fireworks as soon as they cross back in to NJ.  The only thing NJ ever does about the fireworks retailers is bitch and complain to PA that they need to stop this.  NJ is powerless to do anything else.

That is why, to go after the retailer in this case, it had to be a mail-order transaction.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 8:36:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It has to be mail order.  Otherwise there could be no way to go after the retailer.  Similarly, fireworks are illegal here in NJ.  There are fireworks stores right over the border in PA that happily sell to NJ residents (curiously, you have to PROVE that you are from NJ, or actually that you are not from PA, as the sale of those fireworks to PA residents is not legal).  The NJ state police routinely stake these joints out, and bust the people with the fireworks as soon as they cross back in to NJ.  The only thing NJ ever does about the fireworks retailers is bitch and complain to PA that they need to stop this.  NJ is powerless to do anything else.

That is why, to go after the retailer in this case, it had to be a mail-order transaction.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not to hijack the thread but PA law actually changed a couple years ago, it's now legal for us to buy and use all consumer fireworks. However there is also now a 12% fireworks tax added on top of sales tax.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 11:46:13 AM EDT
[#4]
It hit the Las Vegas papers this morning. I guess it was a mail order sale. They first sent a letter out saying that the Mags were illegal and then they placed an order which was filled. Wow. I wonder how much money was spent trying to bait dealers into entrapment schemes. I feel sorry for you guys behind enemy lines. I escaped New York over thirty years ago and never looked back. All the best to you. Keep up the fight.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 12:34:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I am glad to hear that the democrats that control this state have fixed all the other problems THEY created here to dedicate time and resources to this nonsense.
Hopefully republicans just stay home again for the next election cycle so these democrats can solve even more non-problems.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 1:09:23 PM EDT
[#6]
The Turban strikes again!!
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:51:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Not to hijack the thread but PA law actually changed a couple years ago, it's now legal for us to buy and use all consumer fireworks. However there is also now a 12% fireworks tax added on top of sales tax.
View Quote
That's right - I remember that now.  It's still illegal here in NJ for us to buy any firework that leaves the ground (pretty much leaves us with sparklers), so NJ residents still get arrested when bring bottle rockets back across the border, but the PA fireworks shops bear zero responsibility for that...  caveat emptor, and all that  :)
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 8:47:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Three key points:

Cease-and-desist letter.
Entrapment. Turban.
View Quote
Coffee shot thu my nose when I read this.. We would get along well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top