Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2021 6:02:51 PM EDT
Contingent upon passing a mileage tax.

Goodie-goodie
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 7:04:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Won't happen. Hybrid and All Electric vehicles make up just over 4% of vehicles in WA. Electric only vehicles make up less than 1%.

Even if the project was 100% funded TODAY, it would still take decades to get the infrastructure in place that is needed. 50,000ish electric vehicles and you can't always find a charger, how about when it's 4,000,000? Oh yeah, and where are you going to get all the extra Electricity required?
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 8:15:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Won't happen. Hybrid and All Electric vehicles make up just over 4% of vehicles in WA. Electric only vehicles make up less than 1%.

Even if the project was 100% funded TODAY, it would still take decades to get the infrastructure in place that is needed. 50,000ish electric vehicles and you can't always find a charger, how about when it's 4,000,000? Oh yeah, and where are you going to get all the extra Electricity required?
View Quote

The people pushing it all don't care. They have the money/connections/resources to weather &/or buy their way out of whatever inconveniences that might come of it.

The mileage tax alone has been a wet dream of theirs for at least 3 decades now. Honestly, I think the EV push is just an incentive to push the mileage tax. They want it bad. Even if the 2030 deadline is pushed out or eliminated, the mileage tax won't be going anywhere but up when it becomes law.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 8:32:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the idea of EVs about 100 years after they are common place... it's the transition that is disastrous in my mind. I want nothing to do with it. I'm fine with gassers too.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 10:48:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I foresee a rush on new/newer gas powered vehicles come 2029.

Link Posted: 4/19/2021 11:17:15 PM EDT
[#5]
It’s not possible, it doesn’t matter how much money you have, there simply is not the power infrastructure to support even a fraction of what is being proposed. The power grid is pretty much maxed out, you have data farms consuming huge chunks of power, you have constant building of new homes. Where is all the needed power going to come from?
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 1:24:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The people pushing it all don't care. Thave the money/connections/resources to weather &/or buy their way out of whatever inconveniences that might come of it.

The mileage tax alone has been a wet dream of theirs for at least 3 decades now. Honestly, I think the EV push is just an incentive to push the mileage tax. They want it bad. Even if the 2030 deadline is pushed out or eliminated, the mileage tax won't be going anywhere but up when it becomes law.
View Quote

The current gas tax IS a mileage tax... The worse mileage you get, the more you pay. Although my wife has a Prius and last year they passed a thing that any Electric OR Hybrid car has an extra $225 (I think) added  to your Registration to "Supplement" paying less of the Per Gallon gas tax, EVERY YEAR. She pays more in "Gas Tax" in her 60mpg Prius, than I do in my Tahoe that gets 16mpg
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:44:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The current gas tax IS a mileage tax... The worse mileage you get, the more you pay. Although my wife has a Prius and last year they passed a thing that any Electric OR Hybrid car has an extra $225 (I think) added  to your Registration to "Supplement" paying less of the Per Gallon gas tax, EVERY YEAR. She pays more in "Gas Tax" in her 60mpg Prius, than I do in my Tahoe that gets 16mpg
View Quote

Yeah, &...?

Tax metrics are arbitrary. The legislature just cherry picks one of convenience & assigns a levy rate to it. If EVs become the dominant mode, then tax metrics will be based on them. Nobody is getting a tax pass for "going green".
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 1:35:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Just because you have a battery operated car does not always make it green. If a fossil fuel powered plant charges your car it is not very green.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 12:26:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It’s not possible, it doesn’t matter how much money you have, there simply is not the power infrastructure to support even a fraction of what is being proposed. The power grid is pretty much maxed out, you have data farms consuming huge chunks of power, you have constant building of new homes. Where is all the needed power going to come from?
View Quote

Maybe we can get it from California.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 1:42:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just because you have a battery operated car does not always make it green. If a fossil fuel powered plant charges your car it is not very green.
View Quote
Approximately 1/3 of the juice PSE sells still comes from coal burning plants in Montana.

We really need Mr. Fusion.

Link Posted: 4/23/2021 11:20:34 PM EDT
[#11]
working construction, I've had the opportunity to deal with one little company that has been extremely busy putting in charging stations: just finished one by QFC in U-Village & currently working on one in redmond on 148 & 24.  funny thing, these charging stations, they're using gas or diesel generators to produce the electricity to charge the cars
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 11:31:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
working construction, I've had the opportunity to deal with one little company that has been extremely busy putting in charging stations: just finished one by QFC in U-Village & currently working on one in redmond on 148 & 24.  funny thing, these charging stations, they're using gas or diesel generators to produce the electricity to charge the cars
View Quote

That’s what I mean we don’t have the infrastructure now, what’s going to be different in 2030?
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 9:06:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Approximately 1/3 of the juice PSE sells still comes from coal burning plants in Montana.

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/mr-fusion-replica.jpg
View Quote

I thought PSE what going to sell their ownership in the coal fired power plants in Montana?

https://www.mi-reporter.com/news/pse-files-to-sell-part-of-colstrip-coal-plant/
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 9:16:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That’s what I mean we don’t have the infrastructure now, what’s going to be different in 2030?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Feelz. What else is new?

Idiocrats don't live/work/deal in reality.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 12:53:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I thought PSE what going to sell their ownership in the coal fired power plants in Montana?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/mr-fusion-replica.jpg

In theory. But who's buying?
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 1:47:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

American Thinker: The ‘battery fairy’ ...
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 3:14:47 AM EDT
[#17]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

American Thinker: The ‘battery fairy’ ...

My question is, given how easily suckered the majority of people are for this, how bad will their lives - & ours - have to deteriorate from the forced implementation of it before they'll admit that it doesn't work?
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 7:54:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It's not possible, it doesn't matter how much money you have, there simply is not the power infrastructure to support even a fraction of what is being proposed. The power grid is pretty much maxed out, you have data farms consuming huge chunks of power, you have constant building of new homes. Where is all the needed power going to come from?
View Quote

I was there when the electricians union told the green new deal committee just that.

No fucks given.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 1:53:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Come on guys, the libs will just miracle that power grid problem into working out with zero problems.  

You know- they are smart people!  I am sure they have this thought thru.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 10:46:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Inslee vetoed this, the only smart thing he's ever done
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top