Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2022 12:06:44 AM EDT
This is gonna be a dumb question, but it's been a while, and my brain can't seem to work this through.

Just bought my wife a new car.  Transferred the plate from her old car.

Does the NC DMV automatically send me an updated registration card?  Or do I need to go get one.

NC is so particular about everything....I already updated the insurance policy.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 12:31:00 AM EDT
[#1]
The stealership should send in the registration change and the DMV will send your new card...eventually.  They are so backlogged right now I was told 6-8 weeks several months ago when I was at the tag office.

ETA  My main concern is the insurance change.  That is where I typically see the screw-ups happen and a wreck isn't the time to find out.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 8:25:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The stealership should send in the registration change and the DMV will send your new card...eventually.  They are so backlogged right now I was told 6-8 weeks several months ago when I was at the tag office.

ETA  My main concern is the insurance change.  That is where I typically see the screw-ups happen and a wreck isn't the time to find out.
View Quote

Thanks!  That’s what I assumed.

The insurance was my biggest concern too, first thing I changed when I got home.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 11:49:02 PM EDT
[#3]
It's been a few years, but when I transferred plates to a new car, the dealership handled all of the DMV paperwork.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top