Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2023 1:03:00 PM EDT
Well, technically I'll be moving into my home there by the beginning of summer but my wife and all our stuff is there.  

I've been looking on the IN Ranges page...not a lot of new stuff.  I shoot a little of everything  but my primary disciplines are defensive pistol and service rifle (non-bench shooting).  I've found plenty of ranges but very few that have a rifle range in excess of 100 yards.  Hoping to stay within an hour drive.  I did find the link to the Wildcat Valley club.  It looks like what I've been seeking.  It's right at an hour drive.  I'd get to shoot more if I had to drive less.  I'm not above having more than one membership.  It's what I do now.  Use my main club for most of my shooting and archery but they don't allow drawing from a holster.  I use a separate local indoor range for my defensive pistol drills. I hate spending more $$ than absolutely necessary but this is one case where I really didn't see an alternative.  Dont regret it.  Any tips on ranges closer to Brownsburg/Pittsboro that allow drawing pistol from a holster AND rifle ranges 200y-300y and more will be greatly appreciated.

Also into bowfishing.  I have a fishing kayak I rod and reel from but will be outfitting it with some spotlights for a little stick and string fishing.  Hope to have a proper boat to rod and reel as well as blowfish from soon...likely next season.  Asian carp must go!

Im a youth archery coach and avid bow hunter.  I move a lot for my wife's career.  This is move #6 since I met her.  I've found that near any major metropolitan area, trying to locate a piece of dirt to chase whitetails is like trying to get a date with your buddies 22yr old daughter.  I'm not just after a trophy buck.  Im first a meat hunter. If my landowner says the bucks are for family but you can shoot all the slick heads you want, I’m their guy. Currently a member of a deer management program in VA where we cull deer in the county parks.  Archery only.  In addition to leaving that gem, I am leaving a huge (by east coast standards) farm where I'm on the landowners damage permit.  It's over 10,000 acres.  I use a long range rifle for that because the tree lines are so long.  My wife has family land in Harrison Co IN.  I hope to use my new predator rifle down there now that we are under 2hr away vs 9+ hours!

Also a race fan and love short track/dirt track racing.  I hear they do a little of that in the Hoosier state.  

Lastly I'm searching for classic Mustang to restore.  Specifically a 1970 fastback.  Not a specialty mustang.  Not a Mach I or a Boss or a Shelby.  Just a "Plain Jane".  The cost of entry into that is more sane...well...less INSANE lets say than one of the specialty pony cars.  With a Plain Jane I have the freedom to "Resto-Mod" it and make it my own while not spending my retirement nest egg!  It doesn't have to be pretty, just  mostly solid, mostly complete (a solid car minus an engine is not a problem).   Will also be searching out an Indianapolis area Mustang club to help in this particular case but any tips on one hiding somewhere would be immensely appreciated.  I've located several so far but they were too far gone or far too "special" a mustang for my budget.

Can't wait to get into my new home.

Link Posted: 4/30/2023 8:04:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Can shoot out to 600 at Briggs Core Dynamics in Fowler.  Bit of a drive but worth it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 8:15:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Also check out ProTEC Firearms, you can get to it from US40 or I70.  They have several ranges & it looks like they just opened 500 yards & plan to go out to 600 yards.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 6:02:30 AM EDT
[#3]
ProTEQ in Brazil  is my choice in West Central Indiana. Don and Stephen are really great guys and have really enhanced the range in the last several years. Adding an elevated archery range at some point as well.

Dirt track racing is the best racing and Indiana has some of the best dirt racing around. Non-wing sprint cars are a thing of beauty.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top