Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2020 12:36:52 PM EDT
Wife and I still holding on to our Vegas reservations (coming in Sunday of that weekend), targeting a drop-dead date to cancel by 5/4. This is WA’s tentative end of quarantine; depending on what comes after, we will plan accordingly. Any word on the ground there, speculative or otherwise?
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 12:57:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Wynn's Plan

Guests will be advised to stand at least 6 feet apart, and the company will spread out restaurant tables and slot machines and change other physical layouts to ensure people can maintain a safe distance.
View Quote

Serious questions,  if your encouraged by the resort to wear a mask and stay 6' apart will you still come?  

Can't imagine any of the shows going live by then or ever at 20% capacity. ETA see good news below.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 12:58:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 1:31:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wynn's Plan

Serious questions,  if your encouraged by the resort to wear a mask and stay 6' apart will you still come?  

Can't imagine any of the shows going live by then or ever at 20% capacity.
View Quote

Wynn's Le Reve is on track to open with the hotel. They are VERY serious about getting going ASAP, and are in constant contact with their employees maintaining training and mission readiness.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 4:24:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Wynn's Le Reve is on track to open with the hotel. They are VERY serious about getting going ASAP, and are in constant contact with their employees maintaining training and mission readiness.
View Quote

That's great new, wasn't aware they are bringing the shows back right away.    We really have no choice now but  to open everything and get moving.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 5:25:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Therein lie the rub. We like to get glammed up when we go out, and this will especially cramp my wife’s style. I don’t mine laying by the pool several people apart, but trying to go out to a restaurant will be weird.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 5:42:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Steve Wynn. No Unions and no Bullshit!

Link Posted: 4/20/2020 6:07:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Except for that pile of bovine excrement about sexual misconduct.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 6:26:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that and the fact he no longer has anything to do with Wynn resorts, sold/selling his Vegas house and moved to Florida.
I think Joe might be thinking of Sheldon Adelson and the Sands group next door to the Wynn.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 6:27:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Therein lie the rub. We like to get glammed up when we go out, and this will especially cramp my wife’s style. I don’t mine laying by the pool several people apart, but trying to go out to a restaurant will be weird.
View Quote

So your saying there is a business opportunity in designer masks!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 7:12:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

So your saying there is a business opportunity in designer masks!!
View Quote

Hah! Yes. I’d do a full-face Steve Wynn mask. Hell, I saw him walking around at WynnCore in 2014 and that guy’d had so much work done, his face was oversized and looked like a living Mummenschanz.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 10:25:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Well folks, the decision was made for me. Venetian/Palazzo emailed me saying they are canceling my reservation (is now automatic for all pre-6/1 arrivals) and they aren’t accepting any reservations for any time right now.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 11:00:27 AM EDT
[#12]
thanks for the update, we are so screwed.  

Another bad sign, as if we don't have enough.  I was in the running last week for a nice project there and they cancelled the project this week.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 1:54:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
thanks for the update, we are so screwed.  

Another bad sign, as if we don't have enough.  I was in the running last week for a nice project there and they cancelled the project this week.  
View Quote

Shit, AWM - really sorry to hear that. We really want to get down there later this year, hoping it pans out.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 10:22:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Sorry, OP. Thanks for trying.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 11:45:59 PM EDT
[#15]
They most likely will extend the lockdown till May 15th or all the way to June.

Can't give up that tyrant power.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 3:14:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Many small business owners in the Recall Cystolak group are saying that they WILL reopen May 1st despite the Cyst's orders.

People have to get back to FUCKING work!

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:30:19 AM EDT
[#17]
May of what year?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 2:07:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Many small business owners in the Recall Cystolak group are saying that they WILL reopen May 1st despite the Cyst's orders.

View Quote

Is there a list so I can patronize them?
No FB
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 5:30:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

No FB
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No FB

I don't think anyone is giving out business names but many people are saying they are going to open on May 1.

That's all I can report at this time.

I do know one thing and that is that CYSTOLAK MUST GO!

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 6:45:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 7:33:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Treasure Island is saying they are opening May 15

https://treasureisland.com/COVID-19
View Quote

Guess you missed the "subject to change" part that was mentioned at least twice.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:25:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 12:08:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Here’s a fucking beauty.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/opinion/opinion-columns/victor-joecks/victor-joecks-sisolak-hints-coronavirus-lockdown-could-last-through-june-2013611/
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 8:57:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Here’s a fucking beauty.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/opinion/opinion-columns/victor-joecks/victor-joecks-sisolak-hints-coronavirus-lockdown-could-last-through-june-2013611/
View Quote

I've been saying that since the very beginning of this shit show. He will destroy this state and the economic well being of everyone in it to get his "fundamental changes". Sadly, most people I have talked to, many of which I used to respect, have said the same thing, "we need to stay closed until there is a cure, I don't care how many people it hurts".
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 6:06:30 PM EDT
[#25]
That is the plan for the future.

Keep Nevada closed, lose money and go into further debt, then raise taxes and create a state income tax using CV-19 as the excuse to need the money.

It's an elaborate scheme, Brother and Cystolak (the malignant Cyst) is LOVING it!

Link Posted: 4/26/2020 3:56:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Here’s a fucking beauty.

View Quote

The guy is an insane authoritarian marxists pos.   This is the cloward-piven wet dream for clowns like him... destroy the economy and use the ruin to push communism.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 5:32:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The guy is an insane authoritarian marxists pos.   This is the cloward-piven wet dream for clowns like him... destroy the economy and use the ruin to push communism.
View Quote

Exactly right. This was a friggin gift to guys like him.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 6:28:57 PM EDT
[#28]
My state senator Dallas Harris text me this morning to see how I was doing. It didn’t go well for her.

Her:Hi Darcy! This is state Senator Dallas Harris. I'm checking in with constituents during this health crisis. Are you in need of public resources like: unemployment, healthcare, or food assistance?

Me: Instead of texting me, how about you get to the unemployment office and help them answer the fucking phones. 4 weeks I've been calling to get an agent to approve my claim, and the phone doesn't even ring. WAIVE THE APPROVAL for first time applicants. PEOPLE ARE BROKE. Tell that loser Sisolak to get a plan together to open the economy ASAP or we're gonna do it ourselves. ????

Her: If you'd like, I can connect you with the Constituent Services Unit at the Nevada legislature to see if they can help resolve this issue with unemployment. I would just need this information to get your case started: Full Name, Email, Phone, Unemployment Claim ID. Feel free to email me at [email protected]

Me:Appreciate the offer but at this time this needs to be fixed for ALL Nevadans. Can you tell me what the legislature is doing to improve the immediate situation? Can you defend the continued closures with no plan to reopen despite an exceptionally low infection and fatality rate? Why is McDonald's essential while mom and pop businesses are being catastrophically forced to close? Look at the logic- if the virus was as dangerous as purported, we would be seeing massive numbers of essential worker fatalities. If you've been to the grocery store, you know that people wearing the same cloth mask all day and the same pair of rubber gloves for 5 hours while they interact with thousands of people are not preventing the spread of disease in any meaningful way. You have the best and brightest being employed by companies like the Wynn with experience and a plan to do business cautiously during the pandemic, yet the legislature and Governor ignores them. This continued closure is suicide for our state, and will destroy the massive Convention and sports investments we have made over the last 3 years. If you want my support, abandon Sisolak and make a plan, like the legislators in states who are attempting to override their Governor's executive orders. Thanks.

Her: I appreciate your input. Your health and safety are my priorities in Nevada's eventual re-opening. If I can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me at (702) 748-8458 or email [email protected]

Me: Why don’t you let We the People worry about our own health and safety. I can see that you aren’t open to an alternative and researched view, so go ahead and continue down the disastrous current approach. I don’t want your help, I want you out of my way. When nurses are being laid off statewide because hospital wings are empty, the current plan is clearly wrong.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 7:42:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Typical, politician response.

FUCK them!

We are on our own.

Link Posted: 4/26/2020 8:23:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Watching this closely. My wife and I had a MUCH MUCH needed trip to Vegas planned for the first week in April. We were obviously shattered we had to cancel and haven't stopped thinking about it. Really really hoping we can get there before the brutal hot months of July and August. If no way for late June reschedule, then will shoot for late September. If that doesn't happen, I'm probably crawl in a hole and sob.

Shows are important to us. But we are really going to for the exotic cars, pools, food, and dice...in that order. Cirque shows would be next up.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 8:50:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Well, it is supposed to crack 100 on Wednesday, so you may want to look at September, hell, we may even be 50% open by then, just in time for the second wave shutdown.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 9:58:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I've been saying that since the very beginning of this shit show. He will destroy this state and the economic well being of everyone in it to get his "fundamental changes". Sadly, most people I have talked to, many of which I used to respect, have said the same thing, "we need to stay closed until there is a cure, I don't care how many people it hurts".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here’s a fucking beauty.

Doomers are just a patsy for the Left.

He’s waiting until the percentage of people testing positive for each day has decreased over 14 days.

LOL, that is why he wants to "ramp up testing". To make the numbers keep climbing and scream "oh no we gotz to stay locked down!".

Total fraud job on this "crisis". The testing is pointless now with the virus already so prevalent in the community (with little effect).
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 10:34:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My state senator Dallas Harris text me this morning to see how I was doing. It didn’t go well for her.

Her:Hi Darcy! This is state Senator Dallas Harris. I'm checking in with constituents during this health crisis. Are you in need of public resources like: unemployment, healthcare, or food assistance?

Me: Instead of texting me, how about you get to the unemployment office and help them answer the fucking phones. 4 weeks I've been calling to get an agent to approve my claim, and the phone doesn't even ring. WAIVE THE APPROVAL for first time applicants. PEOPLE ARE BROKE. Tell that loser Sisolak to get a plan together to open the economy ASAP or we're gonna do it ourselves. ????

Her: If you'd like, I can connect you with the Constituent Services Unit at the Nevada legislature to see if they can help resolve this issue with unemployment. I would just need this information to get your case started: Full Name, Email, Phone, Unemployment Claim ID. Feel free to email me at [email protected]

Me:Appreciate the offer but at this time this needs to be fixed for ALL Nevadans. Can you tell me what the legislature is doing to improve the immediate situation? Can you defend the continued closures with no plan to reopen despite an exceptionally low infection and fatality rate? Why is McDonald's essential while mom and pop businesses are being catastrophically forced to close? Look at the logic- if the virus was as dangerous as purported, we would be seeing massive numbers of essential worker fatalities. If you've been to the grocery store, you know that people wearing the same cloth mask all day and the same pair of rubber gloves for 5 hours while they interact with thousands of people are not preventing the spread of disease in any meaningful way. You have the best and brightest being employed by companies like the Wynn with experience and a plan to do business cautiously during the pandemic, yet the legislature and Governor ignores them. This continued closure is suicide for our state, and will destroy the massive Convention and sports investments we have made over the last 3 years. If you want my support, abandon Sisolak and make a plan, like the legislators in states who are attempting to override their Governor's executive orders. Thanks.

Her: I appreciate your input. Your health and safety are my priorities in Nevada's eventual re-opening. If I can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me at (702) 748-8458 or email [email protected]

Me: Why don’t you let We the People worry about our own health and safety. I can see that you aren’t open to an alternative and researched view, so go ahead and continue down the disastrous current approach. I don’t want your help, I want you out of my way. When nurses are being laid off statewide because hospital wings are empty, the current plan is clearly wrong.
View Quote

No doubt her reaching out was a text bot that subsequently responded based on keywords.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 11:43:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

No doubt her reaching out was a text bot that subsequently responded based on keywords.
View Quote

Possible, but presumably she gets summaries of standout conversations. Her AO isn’t that big.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 8:22:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Possible, but presumably she gets summaries of standout conversations. Her AO isn’t that big.
View Quote

The junior intern gets summaries from the bot.  A senior intern gets summaries from a junior intern.  A junior staffer gets summaries from the senior intern.  The senior staffer gets summaries from the junior staffer.  Your politician gets summaries from that senior staffer, and likely only the positive ones.  Politicians tend to never like any criticism.  The narcissist in them can't handle it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 11:07:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Well hell, now that we are part of the glorious "western pact", I'm sure our dear leader Gavin Newsome will reopen us any day!
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 12:17:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Well hell, now that we are part of the glorious "western pact", I'm sure our dear leader Gavin Newsome will reopen us any day!
View Quote

There is something very unsettling about this pact.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 1:21:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FEMA region and all that.  They are coming for our 2A here in NV.    

"They" are definitely up to something...
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 11:24:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, it's all the states that belong "behind the wall."
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 3:38:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you mean like this?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 9:10:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Major and I mean, get to F'n work now, push to have properties ready to go for Memorial day weekend.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 12:48:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Wynn just pushed to the end of the month because they can’t get ANY info from Sisolak.

And unfortunately nobody in NV can ‘resist’ since the gaming board has everybody by the balls.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 2:04:50 PM EDT
[#43]
The tyrant is giving a press conferance today at 3, and is supposedly announcing the reopening has moved up. We shall see.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 2:05:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Looks like governor slapdick is making an announcement today about pushing forward the planning to phase in the plan for phase 0. Maybe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top