Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2023 2:24:50 PM EDT
Haven't decided to move, but looking at my options...

Of course I've poked around Zillow, but arfcom is more interesting.  Thoughts?  Considerations?  Recommendations?  

What's the deal with slabs versus crawlspace construction.  Seems a lot of houses I'd expect to be on crawlspaces are built on slabs.  

Not looking for lots of land to shoot on (like many people say), that would be more of a retirement thing.  At this point, just considering houses likely in neighborhoods.  No school-age kids (one college-aged adult still at home), newer construction preferred, 3-car garage preferable, probably a max around $500k.  Shorter commute to Redstone Arsenal a plus.  

There's some newer stuff off of Zerdt south of Martin, and some friends just built east of Memorial Hwy just north of the river.  

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 3:15:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you checked South Huntsville? There's 2 gates on that end that are way less packed than Madison side
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:24:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Tons of new neighborhoods going up on what would be considered the West side of town around Zierdt Rd.

South Huntsville is more of an established part of town, but still lots of new construction going on down there, but the new stuff is practically neighbors right on top of you. But you can find some really nice older homes in good sized neighborhoods.

The City of Madison is also very convenient to the Arsenal, but it’s definitely the high rent district.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:18:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.  

I'll be there next week.  Will try to find some time to poke around.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:56:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Haven't decided to move, but looking at my options...

Of course I've poked around Zillow, but arfcom is more interesting.  Thoughts?  Considerations?  Recommendations?  

What's the deal with slabs versus crawlspace construction.  Seems a lot of houses I'd expect to be on crawlspaces are built on slabs.  

Not looking for lots of land to shoot on (like many people say), that would be more of a retirement thing.  At this point, just considering houses likely in neighborhoods.  No school-age kids (one college-aged adult still at home), newer construction preferred, 3-car garage preferable, probably a max around $500k.  Shorter commute to Redstone Arsenal a plus.  

There's some newer stuff off of Zerdt south of Martin, and some friends just built east of Memorial Hwy just north of the river.  

View Quote

Just now seeing this post. I live in a new build off zierdt. Been here 3+ years.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 12:18:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just now seeing this post. I live in a new build off zierdt. Been here 3+ years.
View Quote
Thanks.  Seeing lot of new builds all around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top