Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2021 12:38:47 AM EDT
The area of 79th Ave north of Thunderbird....near the high school.
Any problems in the area?
Is it a decent neighborhood?
A friend was asking about a rental property there and I do not know myself, so I thought I would ask.

Thx!
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:01:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Personally? If it’s west of the I17 and south of the 101, I’d avoid it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:10:03 AM EDT
[#2]
It was a real nice area 20 years ago when far north Peoria was still the sticks. I would say it is still decent/average. I know a person that's lived around there for a while. They left their garage door open overnight resulting in a stolen mp3 player and sunglasses from unlocked vehicles. Also, an attempted break in that was scared off by the dog. They've since got an alarm system.

You can drive 2 miles south to Peoria ave, and the area is pretty rough or 2-3 miles north to Union Hills/Bell and you're in an more upscale part of town.

This phenomenon exists throughout the whole Phoenix area. I've even seen 3 story mansions across an arterial street from literal crack dens in South Phoenix.

Pm me any specific questions.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 11:25:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Personally? If it’s west of the I17 and south of the 101, I’d avoid it.
View Quote

I agree.  That block of west Phoenix has always been meh even though there still are some nice areas in Northwest Peoria/Glendale.  When Arrowhead was the place to be in Northwest Phoenix in the late 90's and early 2000's it really was good area but it's going backward, like the area around 75th and Camelback when it was nice during the 80's.  I was in the Arrowhead mall area a few weeks ago and it is defiantly not nice like it was 20 or even 10 years ago.

As a previous poster said, you really have to get north of the 101 to get out of the shit it seems going west of I-17. Really, anything south of Union hills and west of 32nd street; and again..it's so damn pocketed.  There are some great areas in the west valley, and you go one block in any direction and you're driving past homeless encampments.

75th and T-bird was always right on the boarder of the crappiest parts of Peoria and I assume it's still that way.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 11:31:01 PM EDT
[#4]
That’d be a no from me dawg. Only places in Phoenix I’d live are by Camelback Mountain or so far North it might as well be Anthem.

Granted there’s places in the East Valley now that I wouldn’t live.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 4:09:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I completely disagree and it shows how people may talk without even knowing about an area. That area your describing is just south of P83 its fantastic and close to all the baseball fields, entertainment, mall, eateries you name it. I live a little further North. Also conversely its just North of Shooters World at Cactus and the 60 junction. Great access to the 101 freeway and the 60. You also have Banner Thunderbird hospital a level 1 facility that also has Psychiatrics specialties which is a rarer thing. A bigger plus is that the schools in the People and Glendale Districts in that are are mostly all solid performers with most receiving at least a B grade in performance.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 6:10:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I completely disagree and it shows how people may talk without even knowing about an area. That area your describing is just south of P83 its fantastic and close to all the baseball fields, entertainment, mall, eateries you name it. I live a little further North. Also conversely its just North of Shooters World at Cactus and the 60 junction. Great access to the 101 freeway and the 60. You also have Banner Thunderbird hospital a level 1 facility that also has Psychiatrics specialties which is a rarer thing. A bigger plus is that the schools in the People and Glendale Districts in that are are mostly all solid performers with most receiving at least a B grade in performance.
View Quote

Yeah, I'm not sure the other posters are even talking about the same place.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 7:27:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Im in the area.Actually near 81st/sweetwater moved there last summer and we toured alot of homes and areas.IMO general area is not bad to me but like one said there are pockets of good and bad saw this all over the phx area.

Like one said near peoria ave was not that great to me either and north of union hills off 83rd going to pleasant has some nice spots.We ended up there since we wanted to be on the west side to get out of town to river or glamis quicker as well plus be close to a lake.

Link Posted: 6/4/2021 11:59:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. It's a nice neighborhood.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 2:44:37 PM EDT
[#9]
There's a lot of acreages north of Centennial High. There's a gated community further up 79th by Greenway Rd. Anywhere can be hit or miss depending on the neighbors.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 11:03:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
There's a lot of acreages north of Centennial High. There's a gated community further up 79th by Greenway Rd. Anywhere can be hit or miss depending on the neighbors.
View Quote

My son delivers for dominos in those areas as well says he gets some good tips.He knows what areas are better for tips now too.My surprise is he gets 100-150 bucks on 8 hr shifts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top