Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2018 9:14:25 AM EDT
In June I will be traveling through Maryland an need to know what would be the best way to travel with my cal firearm?

I will be traveling to Laurel, visiting relation and staying overnight, leaving the next day.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 9:53:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Keep your firearms in the trunk in a secure case, keep the ammo separated and secured. You're heading into a high crime area.

Take Interstate 68 East to Hancock, get on Interstate 70 East and go to West Friendship and get off on Route 32 South, go until you see Route 1, get off on the Route 1 South exit. Go to Laurel. Do the speed limit, dont drive like an idiot, and be mindful and you won't get bothered by MSP.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 10:03:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks,
I appreciate the advice.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 1:58:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Keep your firearms in the trunk in a secure case, keep the ammo separated and secured. You're heading into a high crime area.

Take Interstate 68 East to Hancock, get on Interstate 70 East and go to West Friendship and get off on Route 32 South, go until you see Route 1, get off on the Route 1 South exit. Go to Laurel. Do the speed limit, dont drive like an idiot, and be mindful and you won't get bothered by MSP.
View Quote
I just got around to checking out your directions.  They have me coming in from the West, I will be coming into Laurel from the east, starting the drive from Virginia beach.

No crazy driving here, will be in my 68 Chevelle, and try to be as careful as possible.  Always drive the speed limit or with the traffic.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 1:40:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I just got around to checking out your directions.  They have me coming in from the West, I will be coming into Laurel from the east, starting the drive from Virginia beach.

No crazy driving here, will be in my 68 Chevelle, and try to be as careful as possible.  Always drive the speed limit or with the traffic.

Thanks!
View Quote
Oh ok. I saw your location was Illinois so that's why I gave you those directions. In that case, I95 north from Richmond to 495 East to Route 1 North would be your best bet. You could also take 17 from Newport News to 301 to 495. That's a nice drive there.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 7:01:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Oh ok. I saw your location was Illinois so that's why I gave you those directions. In that case, I95 north from Richmond to 495 East to Route 1 North would be your best bet. You could also take 17 from Newport News to 301 to 495. That's a nice drive there.
View Quote
I used to make the run from Richmond area up to BWI and have used both routes extensively. Rt-301 takes about 30 minutes longer, UNLESS I-95 is backed up (90% of the time). I HATE I-95 in that area, but I would base my choice of these two routes on what day & time it is. Before 9 am on weekends, before 5 am on weekdays or after lunchtime, I-95 north through northern VA isn't usually too bad. Any other time, it's a crap shoot and if there is any doubt, I'd use Rt-301. There is a lot of stop & go on 301, but it's all traffic lights and only loads up a little at rush hours. IMHO, it beats sitting still or the 'caterpillar effect' I see on I-95 so often.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top