Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2018 11:58:50 PM EDT
I have a Char-broil grill that won't light... a Dishwasher with a blown motor, and a lawnmower with a minor wheel issue (likely an easy fix). I want to clear up space in my back patio, so it doesn't look like a junk yard anymore.

I want to get rid of all of these. Anyone know what the best way to get rid of these is? Do I have to rent a truck to take these to the dump? Anyone know how much the dump charges?

The lawnmower, most likely, I can probably find someone on craigslist to take away for free... as it still works. Only problem is one of the wheels height-adjustment levers doesn't work properly. The lever is just bent and wont latch into the height gear teeth... so it just defaults to the lowest position.

Should I just post these on Craigslist? I've thought about doing that, but... not sure if is a good idea to invite Craigslist people to my home.

If anyone here wants the lawnmower... I live in Peoria. You can have it for free.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 12:33:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Post it in the free section of Craigslist and put it on the curb. It will be gone in less than an hour.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 10:10:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Does the city have a bulk pick-up day every quarter?
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 10:57:36 AM EDT
[#3]
leave it out front with free signs on it on garbage days. Scrappers will take it all in one shot.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 12:41:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
leave it out front with free signs on it on garbage days. Scrappers will take it all in one shot.
View Quote
That's the way to go .
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 5:47:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That's the way to go .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's the way to go .
Yup.  If you have access to a truck you can take it to a recycling yard and get a few bucks for it but not enough to justify renting a truck.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 8:06:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Post it in the free section of Craigslist and put it on the curb. It will be gone in less than an hour.
View Quote
This.....it will be gone very quickly.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 10:44:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Isn't if a valid concern to not want to post your address on craigslist? Wouldn't that attract thieves to my house?
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 11:38:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I took a washer to the Glendale landfill several months back and they didn't charge for it, gave me a 'courtesy dump'. more often than not they haven't charged me and I live in Sun City.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 8:58:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Just do what half of Arizona does.  Take it out to the local shooting site, put 100 rounds from you AK into it, and leave it behind for someone else to deal with.

*this is a joke.  I do not condone trigger trash
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 8:26:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Isn't if a valid concern to not want to post your address on craigslist? Wouldn't that attract thieves to my house?
View Quote
Anybody can drive by your house at any time of the day.  How does broken appliances make your house more attractive to thieves?
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 5:27:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I either put the stuff out for Glendale's monthly bulk trash delivery* or if I'm out of synch for that, I put it out with a big sign that says FREE.  It's gone within two hours.

*That's from an old 1960s Groucho Marx routine.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 12:15:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Tannerite is the answer you’re seeking my friend.

Link Posted: 5/21/2018 4:17:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just do what half of Arizona does.  Take it out to the local shooting site, put 100 rounds from you AK into it, and leave it behind for someone else to deal with.

*this is a joke.  I do not condone trigger trash
View Quote
Plus, with all the fire restrictions, this would be difficult.

Link Posted: 5/23/2018 6:07:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
You mean politely leave targets for the next guy

Jk. I just swung by capital metals near downtown mesa and they gave me $2 for my old broke dishwasher
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 10:08:49 PM EDT
[#15]
I waited for my scheduled bulk trash pickup (due this week). In the alley, I placed a box spring, an otherwise good 4-way pallet, a truck seat, my old water heater and my old range. The pallet and box spring are still there. The seat took 2 days to disappear, the range and WH were gone the next morning.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 10:51:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I waited for my scheduled bulk trash pickup (due this week). In the alley, I placed a box spring, an otherwise good 4-way pallet, a truck seat, my old water heater and my old range. The pallet and box spring are still there. The seat took 2 days to disappear, the range and WH were gone the next morning.
View Quote
Seems about right.  I have thought about saving up a really good assorted bulk trash offering.  Then setting up a time-lapse camcorder to catch the stop-check-take action.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top