Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2021 11:11:20 PM EDT
I’ve got a paper site plan from the 80’s.  I need a computer version with a Mueller steel building drawn in to get a building permit. I’ve been told I need an architect.

Nothing else needs to change, it just needs to be redrawn. After this project is complete, I’ll do another on the same piece of property, but I only want to build them one at a time.

Anyone do that? Or have someone they use?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:23:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Know any 2D CAD programs?  QCAD is free, and would work for what you want I would think.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:34:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Know any 2D CAD programs?  QCAD is free, and would work for what you want I would think.
View Quote

I'll keep that in mind, I've played with CAD before, the learning curve is kind of steep and I never got very far. My roommate in college was an architecture major. I remember how long it took him to draw his first brick.

I have a line on some folks to call tomorrow, hopefully it will work out.

Link Posted: 2/4/2021 2:38:24 PM EDT
[#3]
We have 4 people in my office that use CAD daily, and we do property survey drawings.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:49:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We have 4 people in my office that use CAD daily, and we do property survey drawings.
View Quote

Thanks. The more I did into this with the city of Dallas, the more I'm convinced I'm going to have to hire a GC and turn this into a six digit project.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 7:56:17 PM EDT
[#5]
They probably want to see the current lot as is with all improvements WITH the proposed building. We do those all the time. They just want to make sure you dont place it in an easement or ROW, or over the setback lines. I can get you a good price. If you PM me with address, I can shoot you a quote. We do Dallas County, Tarrant, Hunt, Denton, Ellis, Rockwall, Kaufman, Collin...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top