Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2018 11:43:29 PM EDT
Anyone know of anything in Chicago near downtown? Looking for a 1 bd / 1 bth apartment for 3 months maybe a 4th.
Looking on Zillow and trulia.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 6:08:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Try airbnb.com
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 9:55:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Look into an extended stay hotel near O'Hare. Commute to downtown via the L. You will thank me later.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:31:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Extended Stay near O'Hare comes out to about $7600 for 3 months. That is WAY too much.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:21:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Do you have a max monthly amount to spend with rent and utilities?   Chicago can be expensive.  Do you want something basic or certain amenities?

Any firearms going to be with you while there?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 4:19:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you have a max monthly amount to spend with rent and utilities?   Chicago can be expensive.  Do you want something basic or certain amenities?

Any firearms going to be with you while there?
View Quote
+1 for 'need more info'

I am in JAX 2-3 wks each month - your COLA needs to be WAY higher in Chicago than FL @OP. Especially if your start date is during winter
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:22:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes, for now monthly would be a max of $1200.00. Don't care about many ammenities. Even a studio will be fine. Only there for 3 months. One thing I would really like though is a covered parking spot for a motorcycle. Other than that, just something clean and prefereably little to no crime. I will be taking firearms with me, but will have to leave all my AR's in Florida unless I can find a place where I can store my AR's. After three months, then I will be looking for a much nicer and bigger place.
I think I might have found a decent spot in River North. Hopefully decent area.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:44:43 PM EDT
[#7]
A short term lease in a low crime area of Chicago is likely to cost a lot more than $1,200/mo.
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 9:01:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A short term lease in a low crime area of Chicago is likely to cost a lot more than $1,200/mo.
View Quote
Accurate.

Actually, covered parking for a vehicle can be this much - unsure about a bike.

River North can be awesome. It's totally walkable - leave the bike in FL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top