Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2024 4:37:15 PM EDT
I am looking for recommendations on who to hire to move a gun safe from garage to garage.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 5:17:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I called lots of places when we moved and had almost no luck with a 1,200 lb. safe. Lots of places will do smaller though. There was a piano moving company that most of the smaller moving companies recommended, but I was over their size limit.

Honestly if it's garage to garage your best bet would be to find a contractor with skidloader or forklift and a trailer. That's how I moved mine in CR. Loaded it onto the trailer strapped to the skidloader and unloaded in the new driveway.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 8:11:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a safe mover you can use and will allow you to move it on flat ground by yourself.  It will lift the safe high enough to set on a pedestal if you have one for your safe. I just use a skidsteer with pallet forks to load and unload from the truck or trailer.  

Attachment Attached File

My brother has done it by himself before with my safe mover, a dump trailer and wench, no skid steer needed.  

Attachment Attached File

I am at a point in my life I am not moving again, not moving any of the safes ever again.  Been there, done that too many times.  Will make a great deal on that safe mover to any motivated  member here who wants a good side hussle.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 10:52:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Kirby's Moving Company will do it in central Iowa but it will not be cheap.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:51:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kirby's Moving Company will do it in central Iowa but it will not be cheap.
View Quote

FWIW they use the exact same piece of equipment NorthFork has.... and several strong backs.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top