Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2020 7:33:39 PM EDT
We hate our insurance agent and their office manager.  Can anyone recommend an insurance agent for home, auto, term life insurance etc.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 8:21:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
We hate our insurance agent and their office manager.  Can anyone recommend an insurance agent for home, auto, term life insurance etc.
View Quote

What happened? I may be able to offer some input if you would care to share a little more info.  

I understand if you don't want to list the agent, but which company are you currently with? Are you looking for another agent from the same company or with any company in general? Captive agency or broker? Are you looking for a hands on agent or someone you'll never have to talk to?
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 9:58:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Peter Fenton

Got me really good rates and doubled my coverage compared to amfam.
There's no referral money or anything, but if you do get a policy he will make a donation to a charity of my choice if you give him my name.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:51:11 AM EDT
[#3]
If you are looking for a different company then my wife and I went with Farmers for our home and auto. We have never had a claim except for a couple windshields, but when I have questions I can call the 800 number or use online chat and get them answered. Farmers was also quite a bit cheaper than Geico or Progressive.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:58:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Desolate:

What happened? I may be able to offer some input if you would care to share a little more info.  

I understand if you don't want to list the agent, but which company are you currently with? Are you looking for another agent from the same company or with any company in general? Captive agency or broker? Are you looking for a hands on agent or someone you'll never have to talk to?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Desolate:
Originally Posted By Dace:
We hate our insurance agent and their office manager.  Can anyone recommend an insurance agent for home, auto, term life insurance etc.

What happened? I may be able to offer some input if you would care to share a little more info.  

I understand if you don't want to list the agent, but which company are you currently with? Are you looking for another agent from the same company or with any company in general? Captive agency or broker? Are you looking for a hands on agent or someone you'll never have to talk to?

Maybe its like this with every agent or office but my experience has been like this:

1.) We can never talk directly with our agent, its either his brother who takes our info or their office manager.
2.) Their office manager calls probably once a month wanting us to come in and go over everything to see if there is more we can do with them.  If there is more I need I will be the one to ask.
3.) Even after I ask for a quote and give all my info to the agents brother, the office manager will then call back asking me for all the info again and if I can get on a Zoom call to go over the options.  I dont understand why thats needed when I just gave all my info to the brother and just said I want a simple quote.  There is nothing to go over and WTF do I need to Zoom with you for?

In general the main agent is clearly just sitting back raking money in with no interaction and letting his brother and office manager handle things.  And the office manager is clearly trying to sell more product.  

The whole experience just really annoys me.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 6:32:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Wtf is Zoom call? Like face time?

This agent is stupid. Get another. In the insurance business residuals makes good money so makes sense why main owner is just kicking it, chillin and collecting.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:17:36 PM EDT
[#6]
My State Farm Agent is a good dude, and his office staff is great.  

https://www.carefreecavecreek.org/directory/listing/jason-mccloud-state-farm-insurance
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:30:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Amica has always been good to deal with, for us--home, auto and term life. Came well recommended from the folks over at bogleheads.org (investing/personal finance forum).
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 1:24:25 AM EDT
[#8]
I have used Amica for over 30 years.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 1:48:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top