Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2022 8:25:42 PM EDT
What do I mean by beach kit?

I’m talking about the stuff you can throw in the back of your truck, go to the beach with your family and park on the beach.

Then enjoy a few hours of fun, maybe cooking burgers on a small hibachi grill.

It’s just my wife, my 7 year old son and me.

My list so far:

Towels
Sunscreen
Change of clothes
Boogie boards
Sun shelter (tent? Sun Ninja? Umbrellas? Need help on this one.)
Radio
Food
Chairs
Hats
Water
Sunglasses
Beer
Big blanket
Football
Frisbee
Ring Toss (son loves this game)
Sand digging stuff for son

Thanks for any help!
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:09:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Wagon to bring everything
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:14:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Fwiw to me, unless your on a low population like sandbar etc. bringing a radio is kinda a not cool thing... sitting listening to waves, talking and such is ruined by having 50 families all with different speakers playing different shit at fuck you volumes trying to drown out the other ones...
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 1:36:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Less is best. Though, that's not always reasonable with a family. A wagon helps....a wagon with good fat tires that can move through the sand and not just drag is ideal. As mentioned, a radio "could" be annoying to those around you, but I've brought a simple Bluetooth speaker and kept it low with no issues. Trash bags are great. A canopy from Walmart or Dicks (bleh) has been great. Get some sand bags or rope/string to tie it to your wagon as small breezes have caused my canopy to take off once or twice. All that said, be mindful of whatever you put in that wagon because YOU will be dragging it....

Edit: Just seen the hibachi... that might be a no-go at least on the Pinellas beaches (except Gandy beach)
ETA #2: Also, if you go later in the day, a cheap metal detector is fun.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 7:52:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Less is best. Though, that's not always reasonable with a family. A wagon helps....a wagon with good fat tires that can move through the sand and not just drag is ideal. As mentioned, a radio "could" be annoying to those around you, but I've brought a simple Bluetooth speaker and kept it low with no issues. Trash bags are great. A canopy from Walmart or Dicks (bleh) has been great. Get some sand bags or rope/string to tie it to your wagon as small breezes have caused my canopy to take off once or twice. All that said, be mindful of whatever you put in that wagon because YOU will be dragging it....

Edit: Just seen the hibachi... that might be a no-go at least on the Pinellas beaches (except Gandy beach)
ETA #2: Also, if you go later in the day, a cheap metal detector is fun.
View Quote

Most all of the Destin, Ft Walton, Navarre beaches are no grills/open flames on beach also. They do have alot of charcoal grills under pavilions though..
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 12:20:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What do I mean by beach kit?

I’m talking about the stuff you can throw in the back of your truck, go to the beach with your family and park on the beach.

Then enjoy a few hours of fun, maybe cooking burgers on a small hibachi grill.

It’s just my wife, my 7 year old son and me.

My list so far:

Towels
Sunscreen
Change of clothes
Boogie boards
Sun shelter (tent? Sun Ninja? Umbrellas? Need help on this one.)
Radio
Food
Chairs
Hats
Water
Sunglasses
Beer
Big blanket
Football
Frisbee
Ring Toss (son loves this game)
Sand digging stuff for son

Thanks for any help!
View Quote

A bucket or extra bottle to wash the sand off of your feet before you head out. Something to put your trash in. A lot of people bring a 10x10 tailgating canopy as a suncover. Nice to grill under too. Prep for wind though and bring something to weigh down whatever you bring.

Skip the radio IMO unless you're going somewhere where you'll have a lot of space to yourselves.

If you're going somewhere where you can drive right onto the beach, bring a small shovel or something to dig yourself out if you don't have a 4x4.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 4:28:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Wagon Truck to bring everything
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/5/2022 9:20:04 PM EDT
[#7]
https://shibumishade.com

These are really nice for easy to put up shade.

Powder pouches are nice for sand removal.

Granted beach time for me means fishing.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 6:23:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

https://shibumishade.com

These are really nice for easy to put up shade.

Powder pouches are nice for sand removal.

Granted beach time for me means fishing.
View Quote

I went ahead and got a Sun Ninja. I’ve seen them all over the St Augustine beaches. Talked to a couple of owners and they rave about them.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 10:35:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Fwiw to me, unless your on a low population like sandbar etc. bringing a radio is kinda a not cool thing... sitting listening to waves, talking and such is ruined by having 50 families all with different speakers playing different shit at fuck you volumes trying to drown out the other ones...
View Quote

This. For the love of God, this.

I'm so f-ing tired of going to the beach and being deafened by the groups of morons of every ethnicity feeling to need to bring the latest and greatest neon flashing ghetto blaster from Walmart out to the beach. Nothing makes me hope your family fails to understand double red flags more than listening to your shit music from 50 yards down the beach.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 6:31:22 PM EDT
[#10]
1911.....for the ghetto noise makers. /S
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 8:27:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm so f-ing tired of going to the beach and being deafened by the groups of morons of every ethnicity feeling to need to bring the latest and greatest neon flashing ghetto blaster from Walmart out to the beach. Nothing makes me hope your family fails to understand double red flags more than listening to your shit music from 50 yards down the beach.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And to be clear: its all kinds that do this shit. Just sit there and enjoy the damn sun, sand, and water like a human
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 11:25:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeti backpack cooler with umbrella, surf rod, sand spike, towel, all strapped to outside. Small tackle kit, sunscreen, phone, wallet, keys in attached pouch.

Done
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 8:35:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’m a 49 year old man. I want a small radio to play some 80s tunes discretely on the beach. I’m not a rowdy spring breaker going to ghetto blast ghetto trash.

Link Posted: 8/16/2022 5:51:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yeti backpack cooler with umbrella, surf rod, sand spike, towel, all strapped to outside. Small tackle kit, sunscreen, phone, wallet, keys in attached pouch.

Done
View Quote

I have a fishing  cart.
3 to 4 rods, spikes,sand flea rake,small bait bucket. Smallest white igloo that fits in the cart ( 19qt?). Two camp chairs..bag with towels sunscreen,dry snacks. Small tackle bag..

Music isn't to much of an issue where I go.
But...its always some 27 member family that wants to show up and set up a 20000sq ft canopy right behind me and start trying to swim in front of me while I fish....
Lil Beach pic....Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 5:54:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

And to be clear: its all kinds that do this shit. Just sit there and enjoy the damn sun, sand, and water like a human
View Quote
Go to one of the springs in the ocala forest this time of year......

I've been tempted to bring mine...and just blast hank3 or slayer all day ....gotta represent ..
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 10:06:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Don't bring a grill on Pensacola beaches. Big no go.bring water and propel , you will sweat your self sick.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 12:36:56 PM EDT
[#17]
That's a lot of gear to go sit out on the sand and watch the other tourists all watch each other. But you do have kids so I guess you will need to keep them entertained.
For me all I take is a folding chair, a small cooler and something to drink. Umbrella would be nice if you ain't used to the heat/sun. Oh, sunblock is a must. Wide brimmed hat and sunglasses.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 9:05:17 AM EDT
[#18]
The less stuff to haul the better, IMO.

I see you’ve ordered the sun ninja, which looks like a decent option. We use a “Havana cabana”, which is basically like a half-dome tent that you can zip up for changing clothes, small/passing rain showers, or some private time with the wife.

I always used to keep a few gallon jugs of water in the trunk for rinsing off the salt & sand at the end of the day.

Back in the day, no beach kit was complete without some turpentine and a roll of paper towels for getting all that tar off your feet.  I guess some things do change for the better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top