Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2021 10:22:35 AM EDT
I live in Cherokee County but work in Cobb County.  I have the parts to build an 11.5" barrel upper receiver assembly for my M16.  The front sight that I purchased folds and needs to be pinned in place.  I could try to install it, but I don't want to screw it up.  Plus, I've never installed a taper pin before.  Do y'all have a recommendation for a good reasonably priced AR15 gunsmith in the Cherokee, Cobb or north Fulton area who can install a front sight assembly?
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:04:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Moss Firearms in Jasper
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 11:31:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Shep?
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 11:49:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I would recommend Shep over at TruPrep, or John or Red at Georgia Firing Line for most things AR related in no particular order.

To prove my trust, GFL has my SP5 for some custom work right now and I let Shep work on my Super Duty...  ; )
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 6:40:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Moss Firearms in Jasper
View Quote

Is he still really backed up? I have a few things I need to bring there.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 9:30:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Guys, I appreciate the recommendations.

Quoted:
I would recommend Shep over at TruPrep, or John or Red at Georgia Firing Line for most things AR related in no particular order.

To prove my trust, GFL has my SP5 for some custom work right now and I let Shep work on my Super Duty...  ; )
View Quote

I'll go down to GFL.  My business is a few miles north of GFL, so it's an easy trip.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 3:42:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Firearms Training Academy in Woodstock pinned a FSB on for my neighbor recently. I'm glad they did it cause I didn't want to.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:37:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Firearms Training Academy isn't in Woodstock.  It's closer to Holly Springs where I live.  On second thought, I'll go by there tomorrow.  They don't have near the traffic that GFL does.  Am I correct to assume they did a good job?  How much does a FSB pinning generally cost?
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 6:13:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Is he still really backed up? I have a few things I need to bring there.
View Quote

I like the guy and really like his work but I have a project that is 50% over the estimated time and its not on the bench yet.

Hes a victim of his own success.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 2:08:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I dropped the parts off at Firearms Training Academy.  I'll let y'all know how it turns out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top