Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2022 9:55:56 PM EDT
I live in Idaho and my GF's mom is getting old and we are moving her up here. I was in Reno a few weeks ago and looked at the jeep, not closely. Looks relatively clean and supposed to be good runner but will not pass smog. I do not have any details on this as it was her brothers who passed recently.
  I really do not want to have to fly back again to deal with selling this jeep if I can help it.  And I really don't want to drive it up here. I have no idea what the market would be on it especially for a quick sale.
She has the clear title.

Could use some ideas
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 1:01:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Facebook Marketplace is good. Also look at some of the local shooters forums. NV shooters is one.

Failing smog can be a ton of things and some minor ones too.

Post some pics and mileage info if you can. I have 1 friend that was looking for his son.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 1:38:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Facebook Marketplace is good. Also look at some of the local shooters forums. NV shooters is one.

Failing smog can be a ton of things and some minor ones too.

Post some pics and mileage info if you can. I have 1 friend that was looking for his son.
View Quote

I'm working on that,  Will try and motivate someone there who will get me pics and info.  I should have looked at it better when I was there, but her mom didn't want to let go of it at that time. She thought that she was giving up her independence. which she is.  She has two storage units there as well that need cleaned out. She has paid on them for at least the last 6-8 years and has no idea whats in there.  I told her to walk away from it all. I have no intention of going back to Reno and digging through someones stuff and loading and moving it.  Complicated matter chock full of drama i guess. She is on board with my plan though. just grab a go bag and get on a plane and start a new life.
She is stuck in a wheelchair now and needs help with everything. We are setting her up in an assisted care facility.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 10:38:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Carvana. Carmax. It’s older but it ain’t that old, and those companies have been paying top dollar for crap.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 3:15:01 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 for Carmax. I've bought from and sold to them. Buying experience was average-- I would probably buy again from them, but I've learned a few things to ensure a better experience... In terms of selling, they paid more than other dealers were willing to give me and made it easy.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 9:34:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
+1 for Carmax. I've bought from and sold to them. Buying experience was average-- I would probably buy again from them, but I've learned a few things to ensure a better experience... In terms of selling, they paid more than other dealers were willing to give me and made it easy.
View Quote

Thank you, I will check into this
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top