Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2018 10:40:17 PM EDT
I currently have a pinned/welded rifle setup that needs to have a barrel nut replaced. Unfortunately I don't have the tools necessary to remove the muzzle device so I need to find a shop or someone that can unpin said muzzle device. I'm in the Loudoun area. Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 7:46:44 AM EDT
[#1]
It's my understanding that Robb is now at Elite, call and see if he can do it. Jim would be the other option, not sure  of his contact info.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 5:21:33 PM EDT
[#2]
call and ask if war rifles can do anything

Address: 8391 Euclid Ave J, Manassas Park, VA 20111

Phone: (703) 367-7155
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 11:25:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
How is their work and prices? I am starting to look to have some work done on a couple of bolt action rifles. I have read mixed reviews on line about them. Anybody have first hand expirence with them?
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 11:56:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

How is their work and prices? I am starting to look to have some work done on a couple of bolt action rifles. I have read mixed reviews on line about them. Anybody have first hand expirence with them?
View Quote
I've used them to shorten, thin, and re-crown a barrel. Excellent work.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 12:04:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had two Remington 700’s blueprinted, rebarreled, and cerakoted by them in the last two years.  I think their prices are fair and their work is fine.  There were some minor problems (e.g., forgetting to reinstall the extractor, cerakoting not totally uniform, etc.) which they fixed at no charge.  My only real complaint is that they overpromise on the timeline for their work.  Both of my rifles took well over a year from the time of ordering parts and starting the build until they were delivered.  Even after getting through the wait time for the barrels to arrive (about six months), it took another six months or so for them to complete the work.  I had to call multiple times to get an update on the status of the builds and was told “about a month” or “another few weeks” for several months.

I would consider using them again but would do some more research on other options as well.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 4:26:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I had two Remington 700’s blueprinted, rebarreled, and cerakoted by them in the last two years.  I think their prices are fair and their work is fine.  There were some minor problems (e.g., forgetting to reinstall the extractor, cerakoting not totally uniform, etc.) which they fixed at no charge.  My only real complaint is that they overpromise on the timeline for their work.  Both of my rifles took well over a year from the time of ordering parts and starting the build until they were delivered.  Even after getting through the wait time for the barrels to arrive (about six months), it took another six months or so for them to complete the work.  I had to call multiple times to get an update on the status of the builds and was told “about a month” or “another few weeks” for several months.

I would consider using them again but would do some more research on other options as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much matches my experience. Got a bolt rifle build gift certificate off a prize table and while the work is great, it took nearly 9 months.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 10:23:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I've used them to shorten, thin, and re-crown a barrel. Excellent work.
View Quote
WAR Rifles is good to go especially with their barrel work on bolt actions.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 10:25:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It's my understanding that Robb is now at Elite, call and see if he can do it. Jim would be the other option, not sure  of his contact info.
View Quote
For the OP question, see above.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top