Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2018 8:31:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 9:04:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Not exactly your neck of the woods, but my family, including me, have been using CVG for over 30 years. https://www.cvgcares.com/

They prolonged my Mom's life 20 years, put a stent in my sister a few years back, and took care of my brother after he had a heart attack and was stented in RI 16 years ago.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 9:12:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 9:49:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Helped a friend with some visits to Northside Forsyth cardiac unit. The place was clean, professional, well run and all the staff was pleasant and personable. Between them and Emory I don't think you can go wrong.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 10:29:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Emory at Johns Creek, Dr Robertson and Dr Veneziano. There is also an Emory heart clinic in Cumming at exit 13 across from South Forsyth high school. Dr Veneziano works out of the Cumming and Johns Creek location. My mother works for Emory in Hiawassee and does stress test. Both of those doctors come to the Hiawassee location too.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 12:13:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I don’t know the doctors but my dad who was much older likely avoided a heart attack by pushing for an angiogram vs a stress test initially. Turns out his widow maker artery was nearly 100% blocked. Push things when in doubt. You are your only advocate.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 3:57:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Gwinnett Medical's cardiac group saved my dad's life 4 years ago this month.  It's a short drive from Buford if you're already down in that area for work.  Cardiovascular Group is their name i believe.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 8:06:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 12:44:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:I am 51 and scared to death.

Want to get my chest inspected before I drop over dead.
View Quote
By all means get it scanned, but it is never too late to start making diet and exercise modifications.  Cardio.  Get that heart rate up several times a week.  No smoking.  Keep body fat low, which is mainly done by cutting carbohydrate intake, something that has soared in the American diet in the last four decades.  Most are consuming too many carbohydrates to have any real hope of cutting fat even with moderate exercise.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 12:52:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Also, avoid vegetable oil and other man made oils.  Bad for the heart.  It is too bad millions of men have died listening to bad advice about eating vegetable oil being good for the heart.  Oh, well, at least they finally figured it out.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3955571/

Unfortunately, vegetable oil is in almost everything.  Go to a restaurant, and you are eating it.  Buy anything that is not raw, whole food at the grocery store, and you are eating it.  And I am talking about everything.  Cereal to bread to mayonnaise to salad dressing to anything in a bottle or a box.  Anything that is not raw, whole food.  Best to prepare your meals yourself so you know what is in them.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 4:01:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Also, avoid vegetable oil and other man made oils.  Bad for the heart.  It is too bad millions of men have died listening to bad advice about eating vegetable oil being good for the heart.  Oh, well, at least they finally figured it out.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3955571/

Unfortunately, vegetable oil is in almost everything.  Go to a restaurant, and you are eating it.  Buy anything that is not raw, whole food at the grocery store, and you are eating it.  And I am talking about everything.  Cereal to bread to mayonnaise to salad dressing to anything in a bottle or a box.  Anything that is not raw, whole food.  Best to prepare your meals yourself so you know what is in them.
View Quote
So true.  Most food we can buy easily in stores and restaurants is poison.  My dad's heart attack was a wake-up call.  He had never had high blood pressure or high cholesterol.  But he at fast food and processed food (i.e.: the stuff on the inner aisles of the grocery store rather than the outside walls) all. the. time.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 6:48:20 PM EDT
[#11]
My father had his heart attack the day before his 49th birthday, so I have tried to do better. I have also had such miserable episodes of acid reflux that I swore I was having a heart attack and went in for testing at Emory and saw an old and maybe retired, doctor named Dr. Williams. One day three years ago he looked at me and asked if I had had a heart scan, it's not covered by my insurance, only cost $100, and I took it that afternoon.

I won the genetic lottery according to the doctor, zero blockages found despite my family history and love of alcohol and red meat. Actually said 0-10% chance of a heart attack, but I could still have one. Get the cardiac calcium scan, exercise and enjoy life. Genetics has more of an influence than anything, so your history says you need to be diligent like I am trying to be.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 11:47:45 AM EDT
[#12]
https://www.heartngmc.org/our-physicians/mark-e-leimbach-md/ Doctor that saved my butt a number of years back. I was a 2+ pack a day smoker and after he put in a stent he explained what would happen if I didn't quit. I went home and quit cold turkey... I wholeheartedly recommend these people.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 7:28:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top