Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 4/15/2021 6:36:35 AM EDT
I have a friend about to go through a divorce which will probably get nasty.  There will be a custody fight.  Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 8:20:39 AM EDT
Dee Crouch is who I used. Her or Harrell and Harrell are the 2 locals with the best divorce reputation. Michael Kamm if his office does that any more. He was doing criminal last time we talked.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 8:56:19 AM EDT
Just as a general PSA, here is the LINKY to the Georgia State Bar's Search page.

If someone gives you the name of a lawyer, you can look up their contact info here.

Yes, I know you can Google it as well.

However, there are other functions of this page.  If you live in a small town, you can just put in the name of the city and get a list of all lawyers in that town.

Also, you can put in the name of a lawyer and see if they have a disciplinary history.  If so, you can read the Supreme Court opinion regarding that discipline.

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:49:11 PM EDT
Good luck with all this
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 4:50:44 PM EDT
I used megan wallin here in newnan. she was pretty good, got me a decent deal.

but we settled after our first mediation and didn't have much for custody battle.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 3:46:41 PM EDT
Expect most judges to send you to mediation. Ask for more than you want and settle for what you want. I did my first divorce with no lawyer against my ex's lawyer and got what I wanted.
Top Top