Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2018 9:14:32 PM EDT
Starting a job in East Helena. I'll be the Superintendent on the job.
About 8000 sqrt. Ft. pad on a steel building with offices, classrooms and open space in it.
Also need a civil  contractor to do work

Any good recommendations or warnings?
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 10:07:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 1:34:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah...I'm moving from the area....

I know Billings...but new job and first project is Helena.

I will move family to Bozeman...( try finding a reasonable priced house in that area )  But got two kids in college there already and one more starting in the fall...

Wife and kids in Bozeman for six months, then wife and I will travel around country doing projects while kids do college....

Really looking forward to this new phase of life...something we have talked about for a log time. Hopefully fun and works out alright.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 7:18:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been gone from that area too long to say how much things may have changed, but Dick Anderson would have been my go-to. They have grown a lot since I lived there, though, and that generally degrades the service you get, in my experience.

I have relatives in the HVAC business in that area. I can ask them if they have any recommendations.

EDIT: As for housing, have you considered somewhere in between the two, like Townsend?
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 12:51:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I’m not sure what scale he works at but I have heard good things about Jimers Concrete.

Dick Anderson poured the slab for our warehouse. We’ve needed a number of repairs to the floor and the underground drains are all kinds of messed up.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 5:33:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info.  I will follow up, any more help would be appreciated...

as far as housing, this first project is six months or so....I have family in Helena area I will stay with for short term.

Kids will all be in Bozeman for next 5 or six years getting various degrees.... so looking for house there, wife can stay there and will be our home base....

once this project is done wife and I will likely follow the work around the country...maybe end up with nice big fifth wheel and live like that for next decade, we enjoy traveling....so six to ten month project could make life interesting, while traveling and getting to know places and people everywhere...

Kids really like Bozeman, a couple of them might stay forever, if they can get good jobs. we like the area also. Lots to do in area.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 11:36:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah...I'm moving from the area....

I know Billings...but new job and first project is Helena.

I will move family to Bozeman...( try finding a reasonable priced house in that area )  But got two kids in college there already and one more starting in the fall...

Wife and kids in Bozeman for six months, then wife and I will travel around country doing projects while kids do college....

Really looking forward to this new phase of life...something we have talked about for a log time. Hopefully fun and works out alright.
View Quote
Go Cats!

I have been gone from Helena for awhile but know some people still there if you need a lead.
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 12:17:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Go Cats!

I have been gone from Helena for awhile but know some people still there if you need a lead.
View Quote
Thank you, will take any leads you have.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 12:42:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Do not under ANY circumstance use Bill North for concrete work. It is substandard and will not guarantee his work. My slab started flaking within 30 days and he does not fix anything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top