Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2022 3:29:04 PM EDT
I’m out in Kuna. I need about a 83 foot driveway/pad poured on the side of my house. Who do you guys recommend for prep and pour?
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:28:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I got a quote of $9 per sq. foot. Is that good these days?
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 1:58:04 AM EDT
[#2]
That doesn’t seem completely unreasonable.  Is that with 4 inches of compacted gravel, and a 4” pad?  Any rebar?

Link Posted: 3/21/2022 3:25:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That doesn’t seem completely unreasonable.  Is that with 4 inches of compacted gravel, and a 4” pad?  Any rebar?

View Quote

Ya prep gravel and 4” of concrete. Dunno about rebar. I doubt it’s necessary for a 7k lb travel trailer.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 7:52:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I M sent.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:27:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Ya prep gravel and 4” of concrete. Dunno about rebar. I doubt it’s necessary for a 7k lb travel trailer.
View Quote

No, not necessary, just curious what $9 was buying.
I had a 12x30’ back patio done with 4” gravel, 4” pad, rebar tied into the foundation, with six 30” deep footings for a pergola.  It was only an extra $250 to do rebar, so I figured it was a cheap way to overbuild it.
They removed the previous 10x10 pad that had sank a little (builder didn’t use any gravel) and also removed/replaced the 4x6’ pad at the garage man-door that had sank. Everything got gravel and rebar.

Total job was $2,000 or $5.20/ft. I used a crew who works for a concrete outfit and they did it as a side gig.  This was 2014, no movement so far.  If I were doing it tomorrow, I’d do it the same way, but I’d expect it to be double what I paid.

Link Posted: 3/25/2022 2:54:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No, not necessary, just curious what $9 was buying.
I had a 12x30’ back patio done with 4” gravel, 4” pad, rebar tied into the foundation, with six 30” deep footings for a pergola.  It was only an extra $250 to do rebar, so I figured it was a cheap way to overbuild it.
They removed the previous 10x10 pad that had sank a little (builder didn’t use any gravel) and also removed/replaced the 4x6’ pad at the garage man-door that had sank. Everything got gravel and rebar.

Total job was $2,000 or $5.20/ft. I used a crew who works for a concrete outfit and they did it as a side gig.  This was 2014, no movement so far.  If I were doing it tomorrow, I’d do it the same way, but I’d expect it to be double what I paid.

View Quote

Ya you got a sweet deal. Unfortunately, as you know, everything is more expensive now. Sucks for new homeowners such as myself cause I need to get that done, backyard sprinklers and landscaping, shed, and patio cover.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 10:08:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Ya you got a sweet deal. Unfortunately, as you know, everything is more expensive now. Sucks for new homeowners such as myself cause I need to get that done, backyard sprinklers and landscaping, shed, and patio cover.
View Quote

Have the concrete poured and do the other stuff yourself Dilly. Have them pour the pad for the shed while they are there. Maybe some arfcommers would help you out.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:08:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Have the concrete poured and do the other stuff yourself Dilly. Have them pour the pad for the shed while they are there. Maybe some arfcommers would help you out.
View Quote

Thanks Stan. Ya the concrete folks are gonna pour the pad for the shed as well. I was planning on doing the rest. Just tons of stuff needs to be done lol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top