Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2021 5:30:08 PM EDT
My Scout event in Steelville lost the archaeologist because this is archaeology month and her boss wont let her have the time off to come talk to the Scouts.

None of the amateurs we contacted are available because they are doing a conference.

We also had a spelunking group in plans to come talk to the Scouts, but they had something else come up too.

Need someone that would be willing to bring some archaic period points and tools for show and tell and BS a little with the Scouts about where they were found, what they are used for, how they were made, etc.

Also need someone that has been inside a cave to talk about the "safety rules", what sort of equipment you use, how you keep from getting lost, how long you stay in a cave, how to become a person that  gets to go into caves, etc.

The event is a Camporee in Steelville, Mo. this Friday through Sunday. Activity time is 10AM through 4PM Saturday. I would be happy to feed and provide a place to camp if you are interested.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 9:19:18 PM EDT
[#1]
@ Giltweasel
I used to be very involved with these folks Meramec Valley Grotto.  Someone with this group will probably help but it is short notice.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 4:45:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@ Giltweasel
I used to be very involved with these folks Meramec Valley Grotto.  Someone with this group will probably help but it is short notice.
View Quote

Thank you! Got a response from another Scouter who is familiar with the location. She sounds enthusiastic about potential new cavers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top