Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2021 12:42:51 AM EDT
Hey I live on base and I'm about to buy my first pistol off J&G. Does anyone know a good FFL to transfer through?

Link Posted: 2/8/2021 7:28:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on how far you want to drive to save a few bucks but ABQ Guns on the west side only charges $15, cash only. Dunno what other shops closer to the base charge.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 1:49:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Depends on how far you want to drive to save a few bucks but ABQ Guns on the west side only charges $15, cash only. Dunno what other shops closer to the base charge.
View Quote

I live on the west side and will drive to Rio Rancho to Bulldog Firearms for all my transfers. Good people that are extremely friendly and seem like they love what they are doing, plus they have bulldogs that roam around that you can pet. I believe the fee there is $14. It is a decent ways away from the base but I would still go if I lived that far. Like I said good people that seem to be in it for the right reasons.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:56:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you both for your suggestions! I'll check them out!
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 7:19:38 PM EDT
[#4]
If you're near base, check out Tom with Quality Sporting Goods. He's a home FFL off of Eubank and Chico. $15 transfer fee
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:49:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Omni is close to Eubank gate. I work on base but I don’t do transfers anymore
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 12:35:57 PM EDT
[#6]
ABQ guns does all of my transfers... I like them because they usually call within 2-3 hours of the firearm showing up and I can get it same day. Some of the other FFLs here I feel like I have to really follow up daily and tell them my firearm is there, then jump through hoops to get it, pre pay for transfer with some, and face the wrath of "you didnt buy it from us, so go F yourself".

Its also the only shop where most working there dont feel they are elitist special operations soldiers tasked with telling everyone what the best firearm in the world is, and how youre an idiot if you dont buy that.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 12:27:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ABQ guns does all of my transfers... I like them because they usually call within 2-3 hours of the firearm showing up and I can get it same day. Some of the other FFLs here I feel like I have to really follow up daily and tell them my firearm is there, then jump through hoops to get it, pre pay for transfer with some, and face the wrath of "you didnt buy it from us, so go F yourself".

Its also the only shop where most working there dont feel they are elitist special operations soldiers tasked with telling everyone what the best firearm in the world is, and how youre an idiot if you dont buy that.
View Quote

I'd be curious to know which shop in ABQ is like that as they are mostly pretty mellow.

I refuse to support Arnie because he threatened a member here a few years back and then ran his mouth on TV for the news ??????????????
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 8:35:04 AM EDT
[#8]
There are a couple, but no reason to air dirty laundry and call them out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top