Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2022 12:31:16 AM EDT
Our GSD/Aussie Shepherd mix is getting up there in age and having a rough time with his hips.  I'm not sure how much longer he has left.  We've got him on supplements and prescription medications and his he's going to live inside with us as much as he wants (he's previously been an  80% outside dog).  This guy has been one of the best dogs I've ever had and the only dog my wife has ever had an attachment to.  I realize they're not all that way, but I'd love to find another GSD to have in the household before our old fella passes on.

I'm not looking for show queens, full-blooded national winners with weird names, etc...just a good solid family dog with GSD guardian qualities for my two young daughters.  If they're ever home and feel scared, they bring him in and instantly feel "protected".  And to think, he was dumped on our road so many years ago with a small bucket of dog food and a MASSIVE tick infestation. It looked like blackberries had been squished all over our back deck as all those dog ticks died and fell off, and he got his energy back.

I'm at Lake of the Ozarks.  Any suggestions who/where to look, and idea on what I should expect to pay (don't think I've ever paid more than adoption fees for a dog before...)?

Best friends...he's sleeping on the floor next to my oldest daughter's bed right now.  He loves to sleep in the bed with her, but can't get up there on his own anymore.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/29/2022 12:46:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 10:12:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Hi,

We've gotten rescues from several different places, Joplin Animal Rescue, Gail's second chance pets, and Pulaski County Animal rescue.  Adoption fees are usually around $100.00 per dog.  There is no better feeling than making a difference in a dogs life than to rescue him.(or her).  All our dogs have been rescues.  Our current "herd" is, a !4 year old Poodle, a 3 year old Yorkie Mix, and a Jack Russel/Chihuahua mix.  Nothing gets past the Jack Russel, no even the tiniest falling leaf and he's a charging bull mastiff.  Good luck with your search.  Google German Shepard rescues.  

John
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 2:30:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Hi,

Just found this on Facebook, and we've gotten dogs from Gail.

Annabelle (Shepard/heeler mix) has came a long way since she has came to Gail’s.  Unfortunately, no one has shown any interest in her. This sweet girl  was shy and bit by a snake to make it worse. She is doing great now!  She is social and She loves to play ball, loves her walks and is just the best listener. She does good with kids and other dogs. She would make a great addition to your family. ????
Please contact Gail at 8704318229 to meet her! ????

John
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 6:19:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Get one from Joker. He's in the hospital right now, trying to get all his dogs adopted so he can come home and focus on himself for a bit. We have personally transported a German for him. Jax was the sweetest, most well mannered dog. Every member who has gotten a dog from Joker has been happy.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 8:15:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get one from Joker. He's in the hospital right now, trying to get all his dogs adopted so he can come home and focus on himself for a bit. We have personally transported a German for him. Jax was the sweetest, most well mannered dog. Every member who has gotten a dog from Joker has been happy.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/30/2022 6:00:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I will 2nd Semper Fi Rescue.  
Meet Loki.
He is supposedly a GSD and Australian Shepherd ?????
Most loving dog ever goes with me everywhere  with me.

Loki's best friend Goose

Link Posted: 5/6/2022 12:44:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 7:56:33 PM EDT
[#8]
https://www.weberhausgsd.com/

We've got two from this kennel and train with Brett and Malinda every weekend.  Great folks, great dogs.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:07:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Tag again because I need to follow up on this.  Our poor old fella has reduced his eating and drinking, and becomes nearly immobile without his meds and supplements.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 9:25:33 PM EDT
[#10]
The dogs may not meet your definition of quality but taking a look won't hurt.

MOGS
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 7:38:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 3:58:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Rescue animals make the best pets. Check your local shelters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top