Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2021 10:08:42 PM EDT
Shallow-ish review

Got there about 6, was able to see most of the show quickly with smaller crowds.

Probably about 1 person in 20 had a mask on.

Let’s dispense with the idea of an ammo shortage. Except 20 gauge shells I could have about collapsed the suspension on my car with any caliber ammo I wanted. At least of the mainstream calibers. That said - the prices on ammo were generally insane. I saw a few “deals” here and there. 9mm was from 55 cpr or so up. .223 and 5.56 was trending around 70 cpr and up. Big rifle calibers were super expensive for decent ammo.

Firearms were generally plentiful. Prices weren’t surprising though there is some increase apparent. Glocks at $600 were easy to find. ARs littered the floor and mags are still cheap. The various “big” 9mms like the CZ, Sig MPX, and others were pretty prolific, but those prices are definitely on the rise.

The Garands I saw were selling at prices that made me consider selling not buying.

Didn’t see much in the way of powder but did see some primers.

-shooter
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 10:22:31 PM EDT
[#1]
...but, were the beef jerky and mixed nuts prices fair?
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 12:50:54 PM EDT
[#2]
No longer lines to get in and parking could be found in the closer in lot at 11:15 today (Sat). I didn't go in, just scouting to see if it was not unreasonable parking and lines.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 2:19:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Pro tip. Go to the VCDL table outside and renew, or sign up for, an annual membership for the reduced price of $20 and get into the show for free.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 5:52:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Saw jugs of powder but no primers.

Haven’t been in a while, much higher proportion of women this time, noticeably  multiethnic crowd also, including black dudes with “black rifles matter” t shirts.

Maybe I was never there at noon before, but seeing thousands pause, face the flag, stand at attention, remove caps and place hands over hearts or salute for the National Anthem was fantastic to see.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 7:50:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 3:33:03 PM EDT
[#6]
very busy show for us,  esp Friday and Sat,

Sunday was a bunch of tire kickers , but still did good day

there  is always a very diverse crowd at NGS,  

Link Posted: 6/27/2021 9:01:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I thoroughly enjoyed the show last weekend. Without the damn masks and social distancing it was nice to attend with a sense of normalcy. Ammunition was outrageous but a friend found 9x19mm PPU for $25/box so he bought just enough to keep him shooting at the range. I bought a Ruger 57 for about the same as the BEST price I could find online with shipping and the X-fer factored in. I got my pic taken with the Guns from RED DAWN at the Dominion Defense tables. Gary also had his trash cans full of guns that mostly just need a little TLC. There were some good buys if you took the time to look around and talk to people. I picked up some 40 round PMAGs for $16 each and some 16ga shotshells for $10/box of 25 which is about what I was paying two years ago. I have a model 12 in 16 gauge but don’t shoot it enough to justify reloading for it. Bernie with B3 had some NICE guns in his tables. Of course there was the gauntlet of FAKE Magpul products and other Chineseum along with flea market items to navigate but it was a good show.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 5:43:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Is VSP still processing background checks on-prem for private sales there?  Or have they stopped now that such checks are required?

I need to sell some things for the first time since the new law went into effect and don't see many options to process private party F2F sales in my area...and am clueless what I would need to do to sell to someone in another state.

Link Posted: 6/27/2021 8:18:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is VSP still processing background checks on-prem for private sales there?  Or have they stopped now that such checks are required?

I need to sell some things for the first time since the new law went into effect and don't see many options to process private party F2F sales in my area...and am clueless what I would need to do to sell to someone in another state.

View Quote

I saw where they were doing it (there was a sign) on Sunday but it didn't look like there was any one there when I walked by.

The VCDL leadership mentioned on one of the online membership meetings that the gun show check by VSP is the best place to get a UBC done because they don't have the buyer fill out a 4473. Without a 4473, the serial number is not recorded. FFL-holders are required to use a 4473.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 8:27:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I saw where they were doing it (there was a sign) on Sunday but it didn't look like there was any one there when I walked by.

The VCDL leadership mentioned on one of the online membership meetings that the gun show check by VSP is the best place to get a UBC done because they don't have the buyer fill out a 4473. Without a 4473, the serial number is not recorded. FFL-holders are required to use a 4473.
View Quote

That is nice.  Unfortunately, they are only in town every two months and buyer and seller need to each drop $16 to get in for a prearranged sale.  That sucks a bit...but may be the best of a range of bad options.

Thanks for the info.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:32:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

FFL holders are required to use a 4473, that is correct,
however the back ground check is done on a SP65,  and the serial number is not input into the system,  (had not for many years)

at the shows, the VSP has a booth somewhere to do UBC,   at NGS it is usually in the main hall in the back left corner , near the bay doors,

the UBC's done for individuals uses a slightly different form than the dealers SP-65
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top