Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2020 1:00:27 PM EDT
Can I get some reports? I'm still stuck at home after surgery. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 4:29:23 PM EDT
[#1]
OMG! No jerky, pickles, or jewelry. Everything is like half price off. Dealers dumping stuff. There is a cream-pie a Mom's who Demand Action booth with all donations going to VCDL, NRA booth has huge banner saying "We're sorry", not a single whiff of B.O. to be had, and Willard's is giving free samples.

BEST

SHOW

EVER

Hope your recuperation is going well...
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 5:00:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Now that was funny stuff right there....
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 5:50:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OMG! No jerky, pickles, or jewelry. Everything is like half price off. Dealers dumping stuff. There is a cream-pie a Mom's who Demand Action booth with all donations going to VCDL, NRA booth has huge banner saying "We're sorry", not a single whiff of B.O. to be had, and Willard's is giving free samples.

BEST

SHOW

EVER

Hope your recuperation is going well...
View Quote
I KNEW I should have went.

Link Posted: 2/14/2020 11:20:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 11:28:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Friday was “normal” No panic but steady sales including >12 round magazines.  We have been asking people to call Senators this weekend ahead of the committee vote on Monday. It was Valentines Day so that may have kept more guys out with their SOs than at the show.

We are expecting tomorrow to be busy.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 11:29:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
... and Willard's is giving free samples.

BEST

SHOW

EVER
View Quote
I'm IN!
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:43:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I was in the area some yesterday and drove by, looked like sales were doing well as almost everybody appeared to have a rifle box in their hand.

What are prices like?

-shooter
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:10:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 2:13:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Are the lines out the door again? I'd like to go now, but I'm not doing that BS.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 2:44:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Got there at 9am.  Left at 1245, the line to get in was around the building.

Pretty crowded, prices ok.  Saw a guy selling AR-15s for $399 when I walked in.  When I left he had raised the price to $450.

Lots of people buying lots of stuff.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 7:02:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Just got back. I got there between 1 and 1:30. Line around the corner and half way down the side. Very crowded. Lots of guns being sold. Prices were all over the place but nothing I saw too bad wise. You just had to look. Ammo actually was not bad. I only was looking at 9mm and 5.56. Saw 1000 rounds of 9mm for 175.00 and 1000 rounds 5.56 for 280.00. Saw some basic AR’s going for 499 but really was not pricing those. I was pricing the S&W m&p .22 AR’s for my neighbor. I saw them from $350 to $550(WTF was that dealer thinking?). Cabelas has the same gun on sale for $299.

Worst part was VSP system was bogged down. Wait time for approvals was about 2 hours. Heard this from many dealers and experienced it first hand.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 9:31:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Just the thought of going $15.00 in the hole (with coupon) from the jump keeps me away from the NGS.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 12:58:35 PM EDT
[#13]
No jerky, no pickles and $15 entry. I'm out.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 5:35:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Got there today at about 1200. Took me about 15 minutes to find a parking place. Paid the $15 (ugh) and found that the place was swarming with people. I've been going to this show a couple of times a year for the past 5 years or so. Up until 2012 I used to get a table there every show.
Never seen the show this crowded.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 7:17:51 PM EDT
[#15]
$15 is up from $13 a month ago
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 8:49:58 PM EDT
[#16]
All you people paying $15 should have paid $20 to VCDL and got in for free. They need the money now more than ever.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 5:26:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Just got back. I got there between 1 and 1:30. Line around the corner and half way down the side. Very crowded. Lots of guns being sold. Prices were all over the place but nothing I saw too bad wise. You just had to look. Ammo actually was not bad. I only was looking at 9mm and 5.56. Saw 1000 rounds of 9mm for 175.00 and 1000 rounds 5.56 for 280.00. Saw some basic AR’s going for 499 but really was not pricing those. I was pricing the S&W m&p .22 AR’s for my neighbor. I saw them from $350 to $550(WTF was that dealer thinking?). Cabelas has the same gun on sale for $299.

Worst part was VSP system was bogged down. Wait time for approvals was about 2 hours. Heard this from many dealers and experienced it first hand.
View Quote
I only had 4 people go on delay,

and all 4 told me they would be delayed when we started the paperwork

everyone else was done in seconds,
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 5:34:36 PM EDT
[#18]
from the dealer side of the page,,

we found out the show was opening early the night before,,

that sucked, since we had to rearrange our load and unload schedule to get there earlier (drive up from south of RVA) but no real biggy,

customers were lined up  on all 3 days,  Sat as noted was as late as 1pm,

very crowded, but for us, just a normal day on Friday, and it was very slow late in the evening, but then again, it was Valentines day,

sat/sun were outstanding, buying and selling,  sold some potentially bannable stuff, and a lot that would not be affected,

(I deal in estates and collectibles, not new stuff mostly)
did sell a few lowers,,

crowd was buying, and buying all day,

we had late sales both Sat and Sun

folks were overall in good spirits,  and a lot wanted to discuss politics,

did overhear one dealer Sun Morning before the doors open saying he was ok with 961 as long as there was no registration,,,  he would just ship his mags to another state,,,,

amazing to me
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 5:54:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
from the dealer side of the page,,

we found out the show was opening early the night before,,

that sucked, since we had to rearrange our load and unload schedule to get there earlier (drive up from south of RVA) but no real biggy,

customers were lined up  on all 3 days,  Sat as noted was as late as 1pm,

very crowded, but for us, just a normal day on Friday, and it was very slow late in the evening, but then again, it was Valentines day,

sat/sun were outstanding, buying and selling,  sold some potentially bannable stuff, and a lot that would not be affected,

(I deal in estates and collectibles, not new stuff mostly)
did sell a few lowers,,

crowd was buying, and buying all day,

we had late sales both Sat and Sun

folks were overall in good spirits,  and a lot wanted to discuss politics,

did overhear one dealer Sun Morning before the doors open saying he was ok with 961 as long as there was no registration,,,  he would just ship his mags to another state,,,,

amazing to me
View Quote
PM me that dealers business name, I just want to make sure me or my friends never spend a dollar there.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 7:03:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Screw the PM.

Post it right out in the open.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 7:49:45 PM EDT
[#21]
not sure who he was, I'd not seen him there before,   and he wandering as I was, (not at his tables) before the show opened,
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 11:58:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Here's how to go to the gun show with this one simple trick.

Bring your kid(s). Sign them up for VCDL. You, as the adult get the ticket. They get in free. Head past entire line.

Sunday PM was crazy busy. Nobody gave a fuck about the pending legislation. Everything was was being bought and sold. One vendor had a sad few boxes of 10rd AR and AK mags on a corner of a table, had to laugh.

Still a lot of the usual. Picked up some 6.5 Stabil powder, Federal 9mm HST for $19 a box, some paper target games to shoot with my son, and a Trump 2020 door mat for my MIL. My son loves looking at the knives and his tastes are getting better and better. It was the Kershaws this time around.

Anderson Arms blister pack lowers (including 80% lowers) were everywhere. Seems like there were a lot more used guns and collector pieces that weren't junk. I haven't seen the guy selling the Spike's Havoc launchers in a while. Keep wanting to impulse buy the 9". Pretty decent med supplies table was there again.

One guy had a few Remington factory hard cases with cut foam for a Barett and mags plus a space in the lid for a really nice soft rifle bag. Something like $400 for the hard and soft case. Pretty sweet setup.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 12:01:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I only had 4 people go on delay,

and all 4 told me they would be delayed when we started the paperwork

everyone else was done in seconds,
View Quote
It was not a delay so much as the system being bogged down. I have never been delayed and come back within seconds. Saturday was the longest wait I’ve ever experienced. I was not the only one. Talked to several people saying the same. Maybe it was only some dealers that were selling a lot that was having the issues? The dealer I bought from had a long line of people buying guns the entire time I was at the show. All I know is some dealers sold a ton of guns this past weekend.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 1:05:37 PM EDT
[#24]
I spoke to more than 100 people (I counted) buying magazines. Several people were looking to buy ONLY 10 round magazines (for all models of firearms). Those buyers ranged from people who thought a law had ALREADY been passed to others who were simply CERTAIN it was going to pass. I was urging everybody buying magazines to call the Senators identified by VCDL. Many said calling/demonstrating/sending e-mails is "useless". They had already rolled over to submit themselves to politicians who wish to disarm us and hope for a belly rub. Many were smug in the fact that they had not wasted any of their precious time trying to stop what they saw as the inevitable magazine ban. One buyer was indignant that Dealers had not brought MORE 10 round magazines considering how certain HE was that there would be a ban in effect July 1, 2020. He essentially was accusing Dealers of trying to move "high capacity" magazines so they wouldn't be stuck with them. Honestly, the people buying 10 round magazines (for anything other than benchrest shooting or hunting) were pathetic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top