Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2021 8:51:15 PM EDT
Anyone have a recommendation?  Need to replace the rear sight on a Sig p239.  TIA!
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 9:29:14 PM EDT
[#1]
TAG cause I would like to know. Was probably just gonna order a sighted pusher
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 8:18:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Jeff Walle (pronounced "wally") at Greenbrier Guns-n-Leather.

He's been my smith for 30 years now. Good guy, competition & bullseye shooter. Knows his shit.

He's only part-time now, works Thurs-Fri-Sat, I think. Call ahead if you need to talk to him instead of just dropping the gun off.

Unless you want to pay double, never mention his ex-wife................  
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 9:21:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Nashville armory near hundred oaks mall has a really good gunsmith. They replaced the sights on a couple pistols for me. Believe it or not, neither time did they charge me! One time they even took some of their own ammo to check it LOL. But, that was about a year ago.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 2:09:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had a night sights installed at echo 3 armory in chapel hill and I was happy with the work.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 3:27:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Jeff Walle (pronounced "wally") at Greenbrier Guns-n-Leather.

He's been my smith for 30 years now. Good guy, competition & bullseye shooter. Knows his shit.

He's only part-time now, works Thurs-Fri-Sat, I think. Call ahead if you need to talk to him instead of just dropping the gun off.

Unless you want to pay double, never mention his ex-wife................  
View Quote

Yes, Jeff is probably the best in town. Have to mention there's been more than more than one item I've brought in that took so little time when I paid it felt like I was robbing them the bill was so low. No charge at all for one of them (I'm dumb, it was simple).

Also, Royal Range in Bellevue has a great shop too.  Can't say I know everyone in the shop but from personal experience Will and Daniel are top notch guys.  I've been very happy with their work.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 11:46:29 AM EDT
[#6]
If you’re close to the Columbia area I have a sig site tool you could borrow for 5mins.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 1:18:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Royal Range is good people.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 3:20:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Jeff Walle @ Guns & Leather, as already mentioned.  

Craig Field @ Nashville Armory (he is certified on many SIG platforms)
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 7:44:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Echo 3 in chapel hill. Rock creek armory near Verona Caney.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 11:21:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks all for the recommendations!  I'll give one of these a shot
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top