Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 5/4/2023 5:29:42 PM EDT
Some big names are refusing to ship things to WA that are clearly not illegal under HB1240.

Ones I have seen so far:

Grab-a-gun won't even ship ammo to WA

BCM won't ship anything if even the BILLING address is in WA

Who else?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 5:56:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cops66] [#1]
Screw those companies, will never ever order anything from them ever again.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:04:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By PolarBear416:
Some big names are refusing to ship things to WA that are clearly not illegal under HB1240.

Ones I have seen so far:

Who else?
View Quote

Well that's some BS since I plan on shipping things to family out of state
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:11:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Remember these companies when we get our court injunction
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:34:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Ones I have seen so far:

Who else?
View Quote

RSR Group
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:36:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tikiman001:

RSR Group
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Ones I have seen so far:

Who else?

RSR Group

RSR is a wholesaler, and they will ship to you once you provide them a copy of your State Dealers License and it has the “Ammunition” option checked.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:39:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Palmetto State Armory has a big list of items that they're not shipping to Wa. State.
I don't like to see this happening
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 11:29:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Boom_Stick] [#7]
Originally Posted By jettcity1:
Palmetto State Armory has a big list of items that they're not shipping to Wa. State.
I don't like to see this happening
View Quote
In all fairness, there are things no shipper or retailer can ship to Wa now. The companies refusing to ship ANYTHING are the ones that deserve to be on a list.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 11:46:26 PM EDT
[#8]
BCM shipped me a package this week so🤷‍♂️
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 11:35:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Scollins:

RSR is a wholesaler, and they will ship to you once you provide them a copy of your State Dealers License and it has the “Ammunition” option checked.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Scollins:

Ones I have seen so far:

Who else?

RSR Group

RSR is being a pain in the ass with 2 FFLs I know, and as of earlier this week when I talked to my friend that is an SOT, RSR and whoever is running their compliance operations has been completely unresponsive to any communications.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 1:33:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Midway wouldn’t ship a barrel clamp flash light mount for a shotgun here.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 4:16:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Cops66:
View Quote

This

Originally Posted By welpro222:
View Quote

And this

Would be a much easier list to make if you named companies that will ship. As I’ve said in here before, by far the biggest enforcers of gun control are firearm vendors. Usually the ones that brag the most about supporting the 2A are the most enthusiastic about enforcing the wishes of tyrants.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 5:29:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Shooting Surplus has been shipping me parts (stocks, rail parts), but denied my order when I added a forward grip. So they may be following PSA’s list of banned parts.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 11:27:18 PM EDT
[#13]
The list might soon get bigger. Apparently, Turd Ferguson is going after Davidson’s:

Is the State of Washington, now at war with the lawful firearms industry?

As crime in the State of Washington continues to spiral out of control, and the State Legislature fails to take effective action towards public safety, new revelations about the State's extreme actions against the lawful firearms industry are coming to light.

The State is using the auspices of their Consumer Protection Act, contained within 2022's Large Capacity Magazine Ban (SB5078) to cast a breathtakingly wide net over the lawful firearms distribution industry.

Most recently, the state publicly pursued numerous retailers for violating the Magazine Ban.   The Consumer Protection dragnet targeted, Federal Way Discount Guns and has subsequently assessed a $19.5 million fine for the violations.  The State is concurrently defending the Ban in two Federal lawsuits challenging the Constitutionality of the Magazine Ban (Brumback V Ferguson and Sullivan V Ferguson), but the CPA investigation continues to move full steam ahead.

Now, we are learning that the Attorney General's Office is widening the scope of their investigation, not based on a documented, willful violation by a retailer, but rather scooping up ALL records and communications from wholesalers nationwide.   The latest, Davidsons Inc, is an Arizona based wholesaler that supplies retailers nationwide.    The state, in its Consumer Investigative Demand (CID), has asked Davidsons to supply all invoices, transfers, and communications of ALL matters with Washington based firearms retailers going back to January 1, 2022, which is 6 months BEFORE the ban took effect and 3 months BEFORE the ban was even passed as law.

Davidson's has field a lawsuit in Thurston County District court asking for injunctive relief, based on the "over board, burdensome and oppressive" demand.   It's only a matter of time before we see the same demands made to other national wholesalers, if they aren't already been filed.

The state has lost track it's true mission, improved public safety.  It seeks to vilify, bankrupt and destroy the shooting sports.  State and local prosecutors, are forgiving criminal behavior, failing to prosecute or take effective action at reducing criminal firearm usage.   They stoke the fires of public fear, by targeting the industry, but abjectly fail to pursue prosecution for the use of firearms in the commission of a crime.   They use public funds to attack the civil rights of lawful citizens and companies, and to defend these unconstitutional laws.

With the passage of HB1240 (semi automatic ban) the same Consumer Protection Act powers are added to the AG's office.   The passage of Senate Bill 5078 (2023 - Industry liability law) extends the AG's office reach even further, encapsulating the entire firearms industry in Washington and nationwide in a similar scheme.  Now the AG's office can pursue any firearms related company nationwide as a public nuisance, assessing fines based on AG's perception of marketing practices, business practices, illegal usage and other less quantitative practices in the industry.  The AG's office also quietly received another $2.3 million for hiring additional investigators to specifically target the firearms industry, under this new law.  Its noteworthy, that in January 2023 a New Jersey federal Judge, a Biden appointee, found that the same law in New Jersey was a direct violation of the Protection in Lawful Commerce in Arm Act (PLCAA).  A federal law protecting the industry from meritless frivolous lawsuits.   PLCAA does not protect the industry from criminal or civil liability if they break the law or manufacture a faulty product, but from being sued for the illegal or irresponsible use of a lawful product.

Judge Zahid Quraishi presiding in that case found that the law was not only illegal, but represented numerous Constitutional issues on First, Second and Fourth Amendments grounds.   The state legislature still passed the law, even with full knowledge that it's been found to be illegal under federal law.

On Thursday May 4th, the Second Amendment Foundation (SAF), filed a lawsuit against the AG's office, for the EIGHT Consumer Investigative Demands served by the State of Washington.   SAF has provided 75,000 pages of documents, but is still being asked for more.

We are living in the shadow of Tom Cruise' Minority Report, the pre-cogs are predicting behaviors through unconstitutional search methods that violate the Revised Code of Washington, the State Constitution and the US Constitution, rather than observing and prosecuting criminal behavior.

While many elected officials in our state may strongly disagree with firearms on principal and in practice, we are still a nation with Constitutional protections.  We should not let the headlines be abused for garnering political traction, fundraising or erasing a lawful and important industry from our great state.   We should not stand by while the unlimited financial resources (your tax dollars) of the State are applied to target an industry with a long and rich tradition, from the birth and preservation of our nation, to the civil rights of each Washington citizen.

In the meantime, criminals will carry on.   Drugs will kill more citizens every day.  Police will still be hamstrung.  The state has lost sight of it's public safety mission, blinded by it's own virtue signals, and it will hurt ALL of us.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 6:50:11 AM EDT
[#14]
I knew turd furgeson would do this. Thats why all orders I had that were still in processing (hadnt shipped yet) when the law passed, I emailed/called and canceled the order.

Its only a matter of time before they go from scrutinizing retailers records to hunting down those who took possession of things after dimslee signed that POS legislation.

Link Posted: 5/6/2023 10:46:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Meanwhile, the lawless AG office gets fined $200k for withholding evidence.

https://mynorthwest.com/3885536/wa-ag-dshs-fined-200k-for-withholding-evidence/

I wonder where they’ll get the money from?
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 11:52:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Poppaduc:
Meanwhile, the lawless AG office gets fined $200k for withholding evidence.

https://mynorthwest.com/3885536/wa-ag-dshs-fined-200k-for-withholding-evidence/

I wonder where they'll get the money from?
View Quote
Power corrupts....

Sideshow Bob's appetite for it is insatiable.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 11:54:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Terrato:
Power corrupts....

Sideshow Bob's appetite for it is insatiable.
View Quote
Perfect prereq for the governorship!
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 11:50:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Before I get too upset with companies not shipping to WA, I will wait a couple of weeks, to give them time to figure out and program into their system what can and cannot be sold to us.

I hate to say it but side show Bob will go sue anybody out there, so the quick easy fix is no sales to WA, then figure out for sure what can and cannot be sold to us over a few weeks.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 12:28:54 PM EDT
[#19]
add optics planet to the shit show of not shipping ok stuff to Washington they will hold the order without notice
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 1:08:01 PM EDT
[#20]
As seen on r/Waguns, APEX is refusing to ship anything to WA

Link Posted: 5/8/2023 1:28:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Midwest Industries stopped all shipments, even non-evil stuff.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 2:03:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mancat] [#22]
Worth noting RCW changes in 1240 and why some retailers might be refusing to ship orders out of state if the billing address originates in WA - e.g. BCM is refusing orders from WA billing addresses even if the shipping address is to another neighboring state:

RCW 9.41.010:

(7) "Distribute" means to give out, provide, make available, or deliver a firearm or large capacity magazine to any person in this state, with or without consideration, whether the distributor is in-state or out-of-state. "Distribute" includes, but is not limited to, filling orders placed in this state, online or otherwise. "Distribute" also includes causing a firearm or large capacity magazine to be delivered in this state.
View Quote

I feel that I have been impaired.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 9:37:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Shokwav:

This

And this

Would be a much easier list to make if you named companies that will ship. As I’ve said in here before, by far the biggest enforcers of gun control are firearm vendors. Usually the ones that brag the most about supporting the 2A are the most enthusiastic about enforcing the wishes of tyrants.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Shokwav:

This

Originally Posted By welpro222:

And this

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 9:39:22 PM EDT
[#24]
I was able to order some M1 Carbine parts from 2 separate vendors.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 10:09:53 PM EDT
[#25]
it would be a shame if you could order 47487 9mm 17 rnd glock mags from the big smile next day to your door or a drop off locker
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:34:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By waswrunandgun:
it would be a shame if you could order 47487 9mm 17 rnd glock mags from the big smile next day to your door or a drop off locker
View Quote

Yes, it would be.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:27:46 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

47487?
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 1:31:35 AM EDT
[#28]
might be a manufacturers  number for said magazines
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 9:38:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 12:13:04 PM EDT
[#30]
glock mags
View Quote

Will be interesting to see how that plays out. IIRC the wording of the law, if someone in WA were to theoretically purchase one of these mags, the seller is on the wrong end of the equation from a sell/distribute/import angle, and not the buyer. Different than a WA resident physically purchasing out of state then bringing back to WA, ergo ‘importing’.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:18:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Sounds like Ferguson is going after all the distributors.

This is going to affect the entire industry, not just one or two vendors playing safe. The bill allows massive fines. The $20m fines against Federal Way Guns would be nothing compared to what one of the distributors would be liable for if they get the right judge. The bar for success in a consumer protection lawsuit is very low.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:58:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PACorps] [#32]
This saddens me, but add Odinworks to the list. Just got off the phone with them and they told me due to the legal ambiguities, they are stopping all sales to WA until things shake out as to not risk revocation of their FFL. I kept it positive and told them I understood their position.

I have a lot of their products and they are fantastic quality for the price. Their fore end and receiver finish is one of the best looking IMO, a really nice matte grey-black.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 7:41:03 AM EDT
[#33]
So is this a refusal to ship ammo to individuals or to FFLs/LGSs
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:21:15 PM EDT
[#34]
I ordered some small rifle primers from Arm or Ally, but I haven’t tried ordering anything else from any other vendor.

I think we would be better off finding those companies that will ship here. Smaller mom and pop type places would probably be the best bets.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 5:40:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Frankly, if dealers are stopping all sales to WA out of ‘an abundance of caution’, this should unquestionably include any sales to LEO agencies. If FBF is going to cast a wide, unconstitutional net without evidence in order to ‘find’ violations, then all dealers should assume ‘guilt’ and halt *all* sales to WA. Make Olympia taste its own medicine.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 5:42:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PACorps] [#36]
Double tap
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:51:10 AM EDT
[#37]
If you're going to shame a company, then you'd better be willing to pay hundreds of thousands for their legal fees and hell, add more to cover lost wages for their employees. It's not just this one bill, look at all the ones that passed and how the state is wording them. Allowing it to sue anyone who sells anything in WA that is then used in a crime. WA will sue anyone and everyone it can no matter how thin the connection is. I wouldn't be shocked if it goes after someone selling a sling that was on a rifle someone uses in Capitol Forest without having their Discover Pass.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 1:41:27 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

@waswrunandgun ill let you know if its a shame
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 2:38:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Unicorn:
If you're going to shame a company, then you'd better be willing to pay hundreds of thousands for their legal fees and hell, add more to cover lost wages for their employees. It's not just this one bill, look at all the ones that passed and how the state is wording them. Allowing it to sue anyone who sells anything in WA that is then used in a crime. WA will sue anyone and everyone it can no matter how thin the connection is. I wouldn't be shocked if it goes after someone selling a sling that was on a rifle someone uses in Capitol Forest without having their Discover Pass.
View Quote

I would only ask that if they are going to hide behind the fear of prosecution they remove the tough 2A talk from their websites. It’s nauseating to see someone claim to be “in the fight” and “2A defenders” but then doesn’t have the balls to ship a f’n pmag.

You don’t get it both ways. You’re either going to take a stand and support freedom even at a cost or you exist to make money off others that do. Pick one and be honest. Thankfully the men that founded this country understood this distinction or I might have been forced to care about the royal family celebration that occurred recently
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 8:10:52 PM EDT
[#40]

Ones I have seen so far:

Who else?
View Quote

Aero Precision
Brownells
Centurion Arms
Palmetto State Armory
Primary Arms
Sportsman's Warehouse

Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:
In all fairness, there are things no shipper or retailer can ship to Wa now. The companies refusing to ship ANYTHING are the ones that deserve to be on a list.
View Quote

Negative. Nothing cannot be legally shipped to WA after the signing of SHB1240 which was legal to ship prior to SHB1240's enactment. Those who believe otherwise either haven't read the bill or cannot comprehend English.

Not feeling like breaking down the entire bill right this minute, but just for starters, such individuals should try reading the first six words of Sec.3. (1), which succinctly defines the prohibition itself. It reads, "No person in this state may..." No person IN THIS STATE. Legend has it there are 49 other states in which retailers operate. Retailers who are not in this state. Retailers to which this prohibition doesn't and cannot apply, because it is explicity written as not applying. Because every person in any of those other 49 states is not a person in this state.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:22:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#41]
Deleted.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 3:49:25 AM EDT
[#42]
I did notice the local military base no longer has ARs, mags or standard capacity pistol mags.

One wonders how this affects the Rez..
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 3:23:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:
I'm still able to get small parts from Brownells. I had an order ship today with AR15 disconnector springs and extractor springs.

Certain items come up with a statement when you put it in your cart saying that the item can't be shipped to Washington, but so far small parts appear to not be restricted through Brownells.

The only things I've noted that show restricted are complete BCGs, pistol grips, LPKs (only if they contain a pistol grip), collapsible stocks, upper receivers in any form (assembled or stripped), barrels, handguards and flash suppressors (might be muzzle devices of any type).

So my take away from all this is that Brownell's lawyers are interpreting this ban different than others are. As far as I can tell from my reading of it is that no one is allowed to ship any evil SEMI AUTO gun part (no matter how small) to anyone in the state of Washington no matter what and even the mere possession of any small replacement part is now illegal. I'm glad Brownells lawyers see it differently... At least for now.
View Quote

Well Brownells is showing on their stupid little restriction tool that they won't ship rem700 chassis to WA.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 3:45:30 PM EDT
[#44]

Well Brownells is showing on their stupid little restriction tool that they won't ship rem700 chassis to WA.
View Quote
I saw that as well.

I wonder how many layers of Customer Service one would have to wade through to convince them to update their inventory management system correctly.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 9:08:03 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes
I'm still able to get small parts from Brownells. I had an order ship today with AR15 disconnector springs and extractor springs.

Certain items come up with a statement when you put it in your cart saying that the item can't be shipped to Washington, but so far small parts appear to not be restricted through Brownells.

The only things I've noted that show restricted are complete BCGs, pistol grips, LPKs (only if they contain a pistol grip), collapsible stocks, upper receivers in any form (assembled or stripped), barrels, handguards and flash suppressors (might be muzzle devices of any type).

So my take away from all this is that Brownell's lawyers are interpreting this ban different than others are. As far as I can tell from my reading of it is that no one is allowed to ship any evil SEMI AUTO gun part (no matter how small) to anyone in the state of Washington no matter what and even the mere possession of any small replacement part is now illegal. I'm glad Brownells lawyers see it differently... At least for now.

That's very odd.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 5:19:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Fuck BCM

All I ordered was Keymod covers and I got this response when they canceled my order

Hello Digger,

Thank you for contacting us. Due to actions by the State of Washington, and after extensive consultation with expert legal counsel; we have made the difficult decision to suspend all sales to Washington until further notice. This includes any order with a billing or shipping address in Washington. The new rules and its extent are not determinable at this time, and it seems unlikely that the rule will withstand constitutional scrutiny.

We oppose the behavior of the current Washington government, however our actions are designed to protect both customers and vendors from liability.  We will continue to monitor all legal developments in Washington and support American rights.

At this time you order has been canceled and refunded.

Bravo Company USA, Inc
View Quote

Fucking Keymod covers

Primary shipped them the next day
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 6:24:23 PM EDT
[#47]
As far as I can tell from my reading of it is that no one is allowed to ship any evil [b]SEMI AUTO
gun part (no matter how small) to anyone in the state of Washington no matter what and even the mere possession of any small replacement part is now illegal.
View Quote

Ugh. This is how FUD propagates. I’m genuinely not trying to be pejorative or be an ass, but this shows serious deficiencies in English comprehension and possibly laziness in not even reading the whole bill.

First, the prohibitions ONLY apply to persons inside WA. No out-of-state retailer is prohibited from doing anything by 1240. Second, a part is ONLY an “assault weapon” if the parts necessary to construct an “assault weapon” are the possession of the same person. No different than selling you a barrel under 16”. Once it’s in your hands AND if you already have an AR, you now have “constructive possession,” of an SBR, but it’s not illegal for them to sell it to you because the part alone isn’t an SBR. Third, possession of ANYTHING is not prohibited in ANY way by ANYTHING in the bill.

Retailers won’t ship because they’re pussies and don’t want to fight a frivolous CIVIL suit brought by a state which doesn’t care about losing a civil suit, because even paying a lawyer to show the suit is frivolous harassment which violates PLCAA still costs them money.

They built their businesses on our backs, but now turn their backs on us. Fuck all of them. Any that deny me anything get one chance while I correct their lawyers’ incompetence, then they never get another dime. Ever. At least those which claim they CAN’T ship. If they at least admit they WON’T because they’re pussies, maybe they’ll get another chance in the future.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:29:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By thisismyusername:

Ugh. This is how FUD propagates. I’m genuinely not trying to be pejorative or be an ass, but this shows serious deficiencies in English comprehension and possibly laziness in not even reading the whole bill.

First, the prohibitions ONLY apply to persons inside WA. No out-of-state retailer is prohibited from doing anything by 1240. Second, a part is ONLY an “assault weapon” if the parts necessary to construct an “assault weapon” are the possession of the same person. No different than selling you a barrel under 16”. Once it’s in your hands AND if you already have an AR, you now have “constructive possession,” of an SBR, but it’s not illegal for them to sell it to you because the part alone isn’t an SBR. Third, possession of ANYTHING is not prohibited in ANY way by ANYTHING in the bill.

Retailers won’t ship because they’re pussies and don’t want to fight a frivolous CIVIL suit brought by a state which doesn’t care about losing a civil suit, because even paying a lawyer to show the suit is frivolous harassment which violates PLCAA still costs them money.

They built their businesses on our backs, but now turn their backs on us. Fuck all of them. Any that deny me anything get one chance while I correct their lawyers’ incompetence, then they never get another dime. Ever. At least those which claim they CAN’T ship. If they at least admit they WON’T because they’re pussies, maybe they’ll get another chance in the future.
View Quote

Well said. I will never do business with any of these companies ever again even if everything is overturned.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:58:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Honestly Aim Surplus might be one of the worst. They even have the Magpul BAD lever as banned in Washington. It's not even a functional part of the gun.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 11:35:13 PM EDT
[#50]

Well said. I will never do business with any of these companies ever again even if everything is overturned.
View Quote

Same. If you side with the communists you won’t see any of my $ EVER
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top