Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2018 5:28:53 PM EDT
I know Tom King as fought more for the 2nd than most people ever have or will (myself included) so this is not a bash thread by any means, but it would appear from what Tom posted on FB and shared by the NYSRPA FB page, he is siding with Marion Hammer in calling Adam Kraut an agitator and calling for members to vote for the candidates picked by the nominating committee.  He even equates the people like Adam to "never Trumpers", which is odd because the establishment types like Marion Hammer are pretty much exactly the "never Trumpers".  I'm not sure if this position is because he feels the need to band together with other incumbent board members or he really has no clue about what someone like Adam Kraut really stands for.  I know there are people here who are very familiar with Tom and the people of the NYSRPA, so it is possible that I am getting the wrong impression, but right now it is giving me a very unfavorable view of what the NYSRPA is representing.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 5:52:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Everything I read about that bitch says she is nothing more than a money grubbing POS, so I think you would be correct in adopting any stance opposite of what she does...

If Tom King is siding with her, he is wrong, and siding with scum.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 10:56:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Saw that on facebook under the NYSRPA feed, I am rather surprised at Tom for defending her so vehemently.  I hate to even think it, but perhaps the NRA has their own "swamp"?
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 12:34:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't have facebook and it won't let me get to their page without an account. Can somebody copy it and post it? I've never been a fan of Tom King so it's no surprise to me that he would back the swamp and Marion Hammer but I guess I'd really need to see exactly what he said.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 1:54:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Just as during past power struggles within the NRA it's not so easy to figure out the agendas. Much easier in the days of white hats vs black hats. So I hope a knowledgable member can disect this for us (me).
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 7:30:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I was going to post something, but I am just going to stay out of it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:14:04 AM EDT
[#6]
@waldershrek

Copied from Facebook

I read the comments that are being made against the NRA and NRA Board Member Marion Hammer and can’t help but notice one common thread. All the accusations are being made by past unsuccessful candidates for the NRA Board of Directors, it reminds me of the Never Trumpers who think that even though the people voted against them they still are right and should be running the organization/country and will do anything they can to sabotage the organization or administration to prove they are right.
Two or three years ago the Bloomberg anti gun forces promised to take over the NRA from the inside. Could that be what is unwittingly happening through these dissenters and attackers? Obviously they have to be aware of the overwhelming trust invested in the NRA by the American people? Why would you try to destroy that trust for a seat on the NRA Board? Particularly during these perilous times when control of Congress is hanging in the balance. Is this divide and conquer strategy being financed by the Bloomberg forces?

As most of you know I’m a member of the NRA Board; please let me tell you how I got here. First I was the Political Director for the NYSRPA, then President. Next I was asked to serve on the NRA Clubs and Associatons Committee which I did for a number of years. My name was then submitted to the NRA Nominating Committee and I was accepted and my name was placed on the ballot. I lost the election. The following year I was Again re-nominated and was successfully elected to the Board. Why tell this story? Simply to show that there is some humility needed in running for any popularly elected position. I didn’t bad mouth the other Board Members or the NRA, I redoubled my efforts for the following years election and was successful. I’ve watched this same scenario work time after time and I’ve also watched people run for the Board by petition with no experience and lose time after time.

People this isn’t about ego this is about saving the United States and I believe the NRA is the only group capable of doing that. Let’s wash our dirty linen in house and win in “18”!
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 1:42:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@waldershrek

Copied from Facebook

I read the comments that are being made against the NRA and NRA Board Member Marion Hammer and can’t help but notice one common thread. All the accusations are being made by past unsuccessful candidates for the NRA Board of Directors, it reminds me of the Never Trumpers who think that even though the people voted against them they still are right and should be running the organization/country and will do anything they can to sabotage the organization or administration to prove they are right.
Two or three years ago the Bloomberg anti gun forces promised to take over the NRA from the inside. Could that be what is unwittingly happening through these dissenters and attackers? Obviously they have to be aware of the overwhelming trust invested in the NRA by the American people? Why would you try to destroy that trust for a seat on the NRA Board? Particularly during these perilous times when control of Congress is hanging in the balance. Is this divide and conquer strategy being financed by the Bloomberg forces?

As most of you know I’m a member of the NRA Board; please let me tell you how I got here. First I was the Political Director for the NYSRPA, then President. Next I was asked to serve on the NRA Clubs and Associatons Committee which I did for a number of years. My name was then submitted to the NRA Nominating Committee and I was accepted and my name was placed on the ballot. I lost the election. The following year I was Again re-nominated and was successfully elected to the Board. Why tell this story? Simply to show that there is some humility needed in running for any popularly elected position. I didn’t bad mouth the other Board Members or the NRA, I redoubled my efforts for the following years election and was successful. I’ve watched this same scenario work time after time and I’ve also watched people run for the Board by petition with no experience and lose time after time.

People this isn’t about ego this is about saving the United States and I believe the NRA is the only group capable of doing that. Let’s wash our dirty linen in house and win in “18”!
View Quote
So he thinks that the ARF candidates are Bloomberg plants?

He really is a moron
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 1:56:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So he thinks that the ARF candidates are Bloomberg plants?

He really is a moron
View Quote
There were comments and replies to that post by Tom which I found more disturbing than calling Arfcommers Bloomberg plants.  Unfortunately I lack the technical aptitude to copy it here.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 6:27:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't help but notice that all of the people who object to the Arfcom candidates seem to have the same thing in common.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 9:32:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Still confused as all hell!
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 10:00:55 AM EDT
[#11]
NYSRPA doesn’t do themselves any favors by posting clickbait stories on their social media that have nothing to do with the RKBA. What a joke. In fact, it’s counter-productive.

https://www.facebook.com/NYSRPA/posts/10156062220271489

Good to see their members calling them out.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 4:47:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
NYSRPA doesn’t do themselves any favors by posting clickbait stories on their social media that have nothing to do with the RKBA. What a joke. In fact, it’s counter-productive.

https://www.facebook.com/NYSRPA/posts/10156062220271489

Good to see their members calling them out.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/206264/A7C60067-1A30-4E96-9B06-2DE9E113E88C-429867.JPG
View Quote
Ugh I saw that garbage this morning.  WTF.  Fact check?  How about not posting that crap to begin with?

Whoever asked if the NRA has its own swamp- yes it does and always has.  Remember all the Neal Knox stuff?  Maybe I'm just getting old and am inique because I can remember that era?
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 8:22:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I believe Tom posts under his name, but I don't believe the NYSRPA Facebook page is run by him. I believe I know who does run it, and I'm no fan of that person. I'll try to get some clarification from Tom on things.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 7:14:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 2:12:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm really think about not renewing my NYSRPA membership this year and telling them exactly why. Hell as far as I know of they aren't even trying to do anything about the SAFE Act anymore. If they are they aren't sharing it in their newsletter. Where is my money going?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top