Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 4:16:37 PM EDT
[#1]
How can an organization that purports to support constitutional rights and civil liberties openly support ignoring the clear meaning of the Second Amendment?  Substitute the made up right of privacy in place of gun rights and they would champion the opposite result.  Hypocrites of the highest order.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 4:35:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Big Tim Sullivan, free speech advocate.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 4:39:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 10:25:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I see we have three threads that should probably be merged. I am not convinced they are afraid. They have decades of "prior art" working for them and a wishy washy court to go along with only Thomas being a slam dunk IMHO.

Frankly, I have a strong feeling that it will be Roberts himself who will take on the task of writing the decision and that it will be decided with his new favorite "Exacting Scrutiny" which sits in between Strict Scrutiny and Intermediate Scrutiny. "Shall Issue" may very well be the result BUT allowing for governments to add so many new requirements and delays before issuing that we may be back to square one.  For example, I suppose New York could say "you need 200 hours classroom training and a 90 to pass. You must pass a background check equaled only to the vetting done for CIA and NSA candidates that could take a year to complete. You now need ten references who have known you at least 5 years and must reside in your community". Basically resetting the process to start all over again with the 2nd Circus upholding and daring SCOTUS to again take on a case.

I have been watching this game of "Lucy and Football" for so long that I refuse to play along any longer hoping "this time it will be different". There is even the real option for SCOTUS to find the case moot on a technicality New York has in fact brought up.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 8:21:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 9:36:53 AM EDT
[#6]
ACLU are communists masquerading as a legit social welfare organization.   In that they purport to support the constitution, and most twits don’t bother to investigate, makes them seem all the more legit.  Masters of disinformation.  

Besides which, all reasonably sized and aged organizations, no matter how good the initial intent, eventually turn into self-satisfying and greedy slobs.  NRA, USFWS, Sierra, United Way, pick one, they all exist to stuff the pockets of leadership.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top