Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2021 8:10:13 AM EDT
Link

Eduard Florea, 40, allegedly commented on Parler “Dead men can’t pass shit laws” in response to another user’s post which stated, “F–K RAPHAEL WARNOCK LOSER,” according to a federal criminal complaint.

As the day unfolded, Florea posted more incendiary comments under the name LoneWolfWar.

“Let’s go…I will be reaching out to patriots in my area so we can come up with a game plan . . . Here in New York we are target rich…Dead men can’t pass shit laws…I will fight so help me god,” he allegedly wrote. “The time for peace and civility is over…3 cars full of armed patriots are enroute from NY/ 3 cars of armed patriots heading into DC from NY/ guns cleaned loaded…got a bunch of guys all armed and ready to deploy…we are just waiting for the word.”

A day earlier, he allegedly threatened in an online post, “I catch one of you f–kers in DC tomorrow …definitely slicing a throat.” It wasn’t clear who he was referring to.

Florea, a software engineer, didn’t actually attend the DC rally that led to an angry pro-Trump mob storming the US Capitol, which left five dead, officials said.

An armored FBI vehicle with more than a dozen federal agents in tow descended on Florea’s home in Middle Village on Tuesday to take him into custody.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:20:22 AM EDT
[#1]
True threats aren't free-speech and are not covered under the 1A, but this was simply an idiot.  

As I consider some FTF meets with those in my general area, hard, fast rules of stupid-talk needs to be topic number one.  Don't do it, don't post about it, don't recommend it.  We shouldn't fear peaceful assembly, but certain topics are taboo for a reason and will only end in discomfort, embarrassment, and major expenses.  I'm all for fighting for freedom and supporting my Oath to the Constitution, but there are hundreds of ways to do it locally that are legal, positive, and productive...we need to truly exhaust those efforts first.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Leave your phone and electronics in the car when you meet up.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:20:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Leave your phone and electronics in the car when you meet up.
View Quote

Exactly why the campus I work on has a strict electronics restriction policy...it's not always "big brother" you need to worry about, there are other actors who are a threat.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:07:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 5:35:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
True threats aren't free-speech and are not covered under the 1A, but this was simply an idiot.  

As I consider some FTF meets with those in my general area, hard, fast rules of stupid-talk needs to be topic number one.  Don't do it, don't post about it, don't recommend it.  We shouldn't fear peaceful assembly, but certain topics are taboo for a reason and will only end in discomfort, embarrassment, and major expenses.  I'm all for fighting for freedom and supporting my Oath to the Constitution, but there are hundreds of ways to do it locally that are legal, positive, and productive...we need to truly exhaust those efforts first.

ROCK6
View Quote

Yes. well said.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top