Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2021 9:49:33 AM EDT
Healthcare workers were “heroes” to this crowd last year when they, unvaccinated with minimal to substandard PPI, were taking care of Covid + patients.  Now they’re replaceable but not just replaceable with anybody but with foreigners.

https://nypost.com/2021/09/22/foreigners-could-replace-nys-unvaccinated-hospital-nursing-home-workers/amp/?utm_source=url_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons&__twitter_impression=true

“Hochul told reporters in Rochester that she hoped that all unvaccinated employees would meet Monday’s deadline.

“To those who won’t, we’ll be replacing people. And I have a plan that’s going to be announced very shortly,” she said.

“We’ve identified a whole range of opportunities we have to help supplement them.”

Hochul said state officials were “working closely with various hospital systems to find out where we can get other individuals to come in and supplement places like nursing homes.”

“We’re also reaching out to the Department of State to find out about visas for foreign workers, on a limited basis, to bring more nurses over here,” she said.“
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 2:34:16 PM EDT
[#1]
That worked really well here last year. Local elderly care facility bought out by big group. Brought in new employee that was tested but they didn't make them quarantine for 14 days(when 14 was the thing) before they started. Worker tests postive and I think 77 total people ended up positive as well by the time it was all over with. Supposedly there were 14 patient deaths but these are not healthy people to start with so as much as I hate to say it 1 or 2 people die there in non-covid times. For example, the first "covid" death was a woman who had been there for 58 days for cardiac rehab. And they only found out she had covid bc they tested her post mortem.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 7:16:18 PM EDT
[#2]
outstanding your tax dollars will pay for it... sounds unamerican too me..
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 5:59:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I know that the Declaration of Independence is not part of our laws, but it is part of our culture. Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. Well, to deny an American their pursuit of happiness, by taking away their job because of this arbitrary and controversial thing, and offer that job to a foreign citizen, makes you rotten to the core.

FUKH!
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 8:23:32 AM EDT
[#4]
More and more I am coming to the realization that our new governor is a Gretchen Whitmer clone with the same level of intelligence. Everyone has been fawning over her for being a woman AND the first female New York Governor so she gets a pass on everything. But scratch away the paint and you see just another politician. Already starting to miss FUAC.

I cannot figure out why so many female politicians tend to be so lousy IMHO. Basically take all the bad attributes of male politicians and throw in emotions and a chip on their shoulder that demands punishing everyone. Having worked years ago in a Fortune 50 company, I worked with many female executives who would have made far better government leaders than any of the females who have made politics their career choice. Possibly because they were smart enough to stay out of politics. If any of them had ever run for political office, I would have supported most of them 100% as they were sharp and good business people. It is not being anti-female. It is the type of female that gets into politics.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 8:45:24 AM EDT
[#5]
You nailed about women...

If they are savoy enough to lead a company the are will make a great leader in gov't...

They do know now how to play the political game if not they wouldn't be in the potions they are in .

Link Posted: 9/27/2021 10:31:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm sitting here with my son who is a surgical ICU nurse in New York City. He worked through the pandemic with minimal PPE and unvaccinated at the time. Now the state wants people fired?

How about Fuck You New York.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 9:38:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I reached out to my NY senator last week after Hochul made her threats of replacing Americans with foreigners, and asked what specifically was being done to protect the health care workers who choose not to be vaccinated .   While i got a very quick reply, it was generic -  "i agree, blah blah, and i support S2768, blah blah."  But there was nothing in there saying they plan to fight her tooth and nail or anything along those lines.  

Like always the NY R's are just going to roll over and lube up. It's a sad fucking day when your elected officials can threaten you with foreign replacement if you don't comply with their demands.

Today it's the vaccines and healthcare workers tomorrow it'll be something else.  

for the record, i am not a healthcare worker
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 10:01:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Tucker Carlson's opening segment last night was on Governor Hochul and the subject of this thread. Basically said what we had been saying for months: "as bad as Andrew Cuomo was, and he was bad, we knew his replacement would be worse".

I have to wonder how many stupid medical professionals from other states would take the state up on its offer to come here (again). Recall last year we had a lot of medical professionals come here to help out. A few months later they received tax bills from the state on their income. Especially galling if you came from a state like Florida with no income tax. Plus, I am not familiar with the current non-resident tax situation but I recall back in the 1990's, the state made a change where your non-resident tax rate was calculated on all income. While they only taxed your New York income, the tax rate was based on your total income. Had colleagues living in Connecticut that got burned on that where they had spouses whose income was solely in Connecticut but it had to be reported to New York as total income for the rate calculation.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 12:29:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Glad to be a former New Yorker now in Arizona. As a health professional the shortage in health professionals of all types ( we can’t even hire enough cleaning staff or cooks to keep our cafeteria open on weekends)is a nationwide phenomenon there is no “reserve supply” anywhere!
Many of our staff are “ travelers” contracted to fill vacancies temporarily
I was in one surgery case ( I am a PA/surgical first assist) where the surgeon, circulating nurse, OR Tech and anesthesiologist were all travelers I was the only hospital employee!
Sooner or later ( probably pretty soon in NY) the bubble will burst ( it has been cracked and leaking for years)

After the recent fiascos and all the burdensome regulations and administrative demands ( none of which enhance patient care and take staff away from the bedside) the interest in getting into health professions is at an all time low

One can only hope KH strokes out and due to limited staff has to lay in her own excrement for a day or week
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 4:51:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I also question the concept of bringing in the NY/National Guard to replace the health care workers that are fired for not being "vaccine" compliant. While it may sound like a good plan, what do these health care Guard members do in their real jobs? Possibly work in health care? If so, won't they just be moving people from their private employment position, to a position where they will be filling in for a fired employee somewhere else, thereby creating a vacancy that needs to be filled at their original place of employment.

ETA link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfjEhasaKDY

Love the last sentence  where she says....

"All the health care workers that are vaccinated, also deserve to know the other workers they are working with will not get them sick".

Listen to 1:09 to 1:16

WTF did she say?

Does the "vaccine" not protect you after you get it?

If so......
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:07:01 AM EDT
[#11]
No surprise the DNC talking points.. Listen to sleepy joe says the same thing..

The press DNC puppets just keep pushing it
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 9:23:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

WTF did she say?

Does the "vaccine" not protect you after you get it?
View Quote
Basically the consensus seems to be "NO". It supposedly keeps you from getting a severe case but even that is beginning to come into question with the variants. The "Mu" variant is reported to be totally resistant to current vaccines.

If it was as effective as the common measles, mumps, polio and rubella vaccines, there would be no need for us to be running around as though we were unvaccinated. The circular logic playing out is crazy:

* You need to get vaccinated
* Great! I won't have to wear a mask any more!
* No! You still need to wear a mask.
* Why? I am vaccinated!
* To protect you from getting the virus and making others sick.
* Then why do I need to get vaccinated?
* To keep you from getting the virus and making others sick.

(wash, rinse, repeat)

I swear if you could harness the motion in these logic circles, you could create a perpetual motion machine from the continuous spinning.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 11:45:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I reached out to my NY senator last week after Hochul made her threats of replacing Americans with foreigners, and asked what specifically was being done to protect the health care workers who choose not to be vaccinated .   While i got a very quick reply, it was generic -  "i agree, blah blah, and i support S2768, blah blah."  But there was nothing in there saying they plan to fight her tooth and nail or anything along those lines.  

Like always the NY R's are just going to roll over and lube up. It's a sad fucking day when your elected officials can threaten you with foreign replacement if you don't comply with their demands.

Today it's the vaccines and healthcare workers tomorrow it'll be something else.  

for the record, i am not a healthcare worker
View Quote

This is what I wrote our State Senator and her reply (FB Messaging)
State Senator Patty Ritchie
Government Official
Mon 11:56 AM
You sent
Senator Ritchie, We are very displeased with the over-reach demanding that Health Care Workers and Employees accept the covid vaccination or be terminated without possibility of compensation. I insist that this be addressed immediately as it is more detrimental to the Health of our State than the virus itself, especially given they've been working in and with this for over two years and it wasn't a problem before!
Mon 7:52 PM

I am in agreement with you but this will have to be overturned in the court.

The health care workers put their lives on the line to save others when there was no vaccine. They  should be given the option to test weekly like most state employees have.

FWIW: Our Daughter in Law is a Registered Nurse and also ~6 mo. pregnant: requested a Religious Exemption, and even the Doctors said they would exempt her based on Pregnancy alone...Monday her job was terminated along with quite a few others, now they're back to emergency surgeries only and the next closest Hospital closed its Maternity Ward as the Nursing staff all resigned opposed to the treatment disguised as a vaccine. (read the definition of "vaccine")
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 12:05:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Government Official
You sent
Senator Ritchie, We are very displeased with the over-reach demanding that Health Care Workers and Employees accept the covid vaccination or be terminated without possibility of compensation. I insist that this be addressed immediately as it is more detrimental to the Health of our State than the virus itself, especially given they've been working in and with this for over two years and it wasn't a problem before!

The health care workers put their lives on the line to save others when there was no vaccine. They  should be given the option to test weekly like most state employees have.

FWIW: Our Daughter in Law is a Registered Nurse and also ~6 mo. pregnant: requested a Religious Exemption, and even the Doctors said they would exempt her based on Pregnancy alone...Monday her job was terminated along with quite a few others, now they're back to emergency surgeries only and the next closest Hospital closed its Maternity Ward as the Nursing staff all resigned opposed to the treatment disguised as a vaccine. (read the definition of "vaccine")
View Quote

The damage is already being done and by the time it sees a courtroom we'll be a 3rd world mess.    Out of curiosity since i keep hearing conflicting stories..  if DIL was terminated because of this, was she able to file for unemployment?  

Link Posted: 10/1/2021 2:35:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The damage is already being done and by the time it sees a courtroom we'll be a 3rd world mess.    Out of curiosity since i keep hearing conflicting stories..  if DIL was terminated because of this, was she able to file for unemployment?  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Government Official
You sent

Supposedly "Religious Exemption" is back on the table again after a late night ruling by one of the Federal Appeals Court's. No details as it is always changing but it apparently might screw up NYC's next Monday morning purge of teachers. It is getting hard to figure out what is what with all the stays, overturns and new stays being issued.

UPDATE: Apparently Justice Sotomayor denied a last ditch appeal last night so it is all on again. Pretty sure that is the end of the line at this point.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 10:41:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

NO, Health care workers refusing the injection are NOT eligible to file for unemployment.
Hopefully we won't have to wait until NYS and other areas of the Country turn "3rd World" before definitive action is taken to reel in the out of control gubberment, but likely things are going to get a hell of a lot worse. God have mercy on us.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top