Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2021 6:14:09 AM EDT
01/15/2013 a day I won't soon forget.  Our elected officials voted to make me a felon.  Not for something I did, for something I had.

Disgusting.

Skelos is gone and so is Silver, but Cuomo still remains.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:07:39 AM EDT
[#1]
None of us will forget.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:27:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Today is January 15th.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:39:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Today is January 15th.
View Quote
fixed
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:43:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
None of us will forget.
View Quote
+1

The SAFE Act was proof that the legislature could bypass normal democratic protocols and pass legislation under the bogus "message of necessity" rule. Essentially making the governor a dictator and the legislature a rubber stamp.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:10:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I went to the (first) Albany protest over it... it was cold. And muddy.

Estimated 10,000+ of us... and nothing happened.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:20:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/453429/albanyjan2013_01-1779908.jpg
View Quote
#metoo

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:32:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I was there too.  5 layers of clothing and an upside down nys flag.

FUAC
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:39:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:00:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I was there as well with a car load of like minded friends.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:28:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:42:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

There I am... kinda
View Quote

Another angle, lol:

Attachment Attached File

One I took:
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:15:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Went with my buddy and his sister. Muddy is putting it mildly. And you're right, nothing happened.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:45:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Mud you say?

Didn't take this one:

I remember the news reporting a few hundred showed up
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:42:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Skelos is gone and so is Silver, but Cuomo still remains.
View Quote

It makes no sense that two of the three men in the back room were dirty enough that they went to prison, but somehow we're still stuck with man number three.
Cuomo's Teflon coating and files of dirt on others must be extensive
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:29:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It makes no sense that two of the three men in the back room were dirty enough that they went to prison, but somehow we're still stuck with man number three.
View Quote

It's like that expression that you don't have to outrun the bear, you just have to outrun your friend.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:04:45 PM EDT
[#16]
But were lives saved at all? On a different note, I lost a few bucks to the NYS paid family leave fund. Nearly doubled this year. Went from .027 to 0.511 this year.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:35:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
But were lives saved at all? On a different note, I lost a few bucks to the NYS paid family leave fund. Nearly doubled this year. Went from .027 to 0.511 this year.
View Quote
Another government mandated "benefit" I will never get but those who know how to bilk the system will drain it and cause it to rise even higher.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:38:37 AM EDT
[#18]
We filled two Commercial Bus's with protesters....I'm up by the Stage with Tom King.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:17:53 AM EDT
[#19]
The safe act was the final nail in the coffin for me. Wife had a bug to relocate to a warmer climate, and the taxes and regulations were a heavy cross to bear, but once safe passed our efforts to relocate kicked into high gear. Moved to Arizona and the feeling you get putting N.Y. in the rear view can almost not be described. I respect those that have stayed and fought, but in the military you have to know when to retreat to a more defensible position, and anyone who is a gun owner in NY should be doing this if not already done so.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:25:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The safe act was the final nail in the coffin for me. Wife had a bug to relocate to a warmer climate, and the taxes and regulations were a heavy cross to bear, but once safe passed our efforts to relocate kicked into high gear. Moved to Arizona and the feeling you get putting N.Y. in the rear view can almost not be described. I respect those that have stayed and fought, but in the military you have to know when to retreat to a more defensible position, and anyone who is a gun owner in NY should be doing this if not already done so.
View Quote

Arizona went for Biden this election, it seems there aren't many safe havens for conservatives left.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:33:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Arizona went for Biden this election, it seems there aren't many safe havens for conservatives left.
View Quote

Arizona did not go for biden.  Nor did PA, GA, MI, or WI.

But your point about havens for conservatives is well taken.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:37:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Arizona did not go for biden.  Nor did PA, GA, MI, or WI.

But your point about havens for conservatives is well taken.
View Quote
Anyone that has been in IT for more than a little while understands how easy it was to do, and just snow the population that thinks 1's and 0's are magic.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:13:45 PM EDT
[#23]
I was in Vegas for SHOT Show. Top floor Bellagio Suite, living the life. Wake up for the first day of the show, check GD and read about Cuomo’s emergency session.

The show just didn’t seem the same after. Partly because of the law, partly because we had “NY” on our show badges and none of the vendors or manufacturers wanted to talk to us.

Anyway, I’m about to list my house, and we’re finally out of here. Though with a Biden presidency and Dem Legislature, will it matter?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:12:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Though with a Biden presidency and Dem Legislature, will it matter?
View Quote
Sadly I think you are only postponing the inevitable. You will probably be able to save a substantial amount of money on taxes and fees by moving but will eventually be living under the same nanny state restrictions. Long term, with the ongoing influx of Blue State residents to the Red States, who keep voting the same as they did back home, the outlook is dim. I would fear for your kids and grandkids.

I turn 59 this year, never married and no kids (funny how you have usually have to put those two statements together now), and I am more and more thankful I did not bring someone into this world for all this. I have a 14 year old niece and I feel very sorry for her and what she will have to endure in the coming years. Unbeknownst to her, she is the primary beneficiary of my Roth 401K. Assuming I never have to touch it, it could go a long way to helping her muddle through.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 9:54:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

It almost like the Moreland Commission was just to get dirt on his opposition and secure his grasp on power.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 9:56:44 AM EDT
[#26]

Wow I look a lot younger back then, and there is ARtraffic in the left corner.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 11:39:46 AM EDT
[#27]
The truly maddening part is that EIGHT YEARS LATER it is still constitutional and EVEN MORE BS is coming down the pike from the legislature. I get an endless stream of email lately from FPC (have no idea how I got on their emailing list) begging for money and telling me there are all these great cases that could be destined for the Supreme Court. Not holding my breath. Once the Senate gets this kangaroo trial out of the way, they will be focusing on the rumored changes to the government structure from The State of DC to more SCOTUS justices (though I find, upon reading the Constitution, it may not work out like the Democrats hope). More severe gun control patterned on New York and California along with more blatant threats by Senators (Sen. Whitehouse et. al.) against the court will be coming.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 12:11:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It almost like the Moreland Commission was just to get dirt on his opposition and secure his grasp on power.
View Quote

I think that he inherited his dad's files on people
Add in his time under the Clinton administration and his time as NYS AG and I figure that he already had plenty of dirt on people.
Remember how it was viewed as a miracle when his first few budgets all passed on time? My belief is that he waved the dirt he had on politicians under their noses and threatened them to get what he wanted
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 8:39:08 PM EDT
[#29]
you guys should be pushing to defund the protection details for these leaders.. no reason why the royals need to be protected from the serfs.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 9:24:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I think that he inherited his dad's files on people
Add in his time under the Clinton administration and his time as NYS AG and I figure that he already had plenty of dirt on people.
Remember how it was viewed as a miracle when his first few budgets all passed on time? My belief is that he waved the dirt he had on politicians under their noses and threatened them to get what he wanted
View Quote

This is quite possible.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 7:06:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top