Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 2/8/2020 12:14:17 PM EST
SF537

We breathed some new life into this. Need your help getting it to move.

There were people who were making the claims of copious poaching... #rolleyes As if a NV optic automatically makes one a poacher. That's asinine. By that rationale, owning a gun makes you a murder...

Better be talking to your House reps. This passed the Senate 47-1 last year. Died in the house last year when unsubstantiated claims of ALL the big bucks being poached were pushed upon Reps with no push back from citizens.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 1:30:53 PM EST
Will do. I found that talking to DNR last year it seems that some officers find it ridiculous that the idea of using thermal vs IR is the difference between not being a poacher and being on respectively. The take I got from it was that the commission and DNR elite felt that those who couldn't afford thermal would automatically be poachers. That is an asinine assumption. Does this just need to pass the House now to go to the Governor? This, 2A amendment, Peremption and parking lot laws are top of the list for me.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 11:59:43 AM EST
at the moment it doesn't look like there is a companion bill in the house. Anybody have a house bill number?
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:05:09 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By IAShooters:
at the moment it doesn't look like there is a companion bill in the house. Anybody have a house bill number?
View Quote
it already passed the senate last year. 47-1 or something like that...

it only has to pass the house, then onto the gov.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 2:36:12 PM EST
Lets keep up the pressure. Calls completed to reps this week and last week.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 3:35:49 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/10/2020 6:00:35 PM EST by IAShooters]
Originally Posted By septic-tank13:

it already passed the senate last year. 47-1 or something like that...

it only has to pass the house, then onto the gov.
View Quote
ok so call/write/email our house representatives and tell them to vote yes for SENATE FILE 537?

UPDATE:

From my rep:

Hi Greg,

We didn’t get to it today in the Natural Resources Committee, hopefully later this week. I am in support.

Dean
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:03:58 PM EST
Originally Posted By IAShooters:

ok so call/write/email our house representatives and tell them to vote yes for SENATE FILE 537?

UPDATE:

From my rep:

Hi Greg,

We didn’t get to it today in the Natural Resources Committee, hopefully later this week. I am in support.

Dean
View Quote
this
Page Hometown » Iowa
Top Top