Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 4/14/2021 7:53:16 PM EDT
Please go to the general area discussions, and look for a NV members SOS post in the "help / sos / depressed" thread near top of page and PLEASE someone close help that thar feller out?

I live FAR away or i would do more! Anyone? Hopefully someone more tech savvy can post a link?

Thx!
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:16:26 PM EDT
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/If-you-are-depressed-think-life-isn-t-worth-living-or-just-need-someone-to-talk-to-Please---/5-1214606/?page=54

Page 53 Hesperus
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 11:51:32 PM EDT
Thanks for the heads up.  I am local and will help if I can.  I replied in the thread.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:41:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/15/2021 2:43:52 AM EDT by arashi]
I've met him at Reno area arfcom shoots.  Seems like a nice guy.  Sent an IM to check on the leak.

I get his frustrations.

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:08:15 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By arashi:
I've met him at Reno area arfcom shoots.  Seems like a nice guy.  Sent an IM to check on the leak.

I get his frustrations.

View Quote

That's excellent of you Sir! Hopefully he will soon be able to pay you for a water heater and other costs you accrue trying to help him out

Someone wiser / more prominent needs to contact Stryker and get this gentleman a "go fund me" set up to get him back on his feet! Can ANYONE here on the NV forum get this going for him? I have $100-$200 itching my pocket ready to be sent, maybe #1?

Here's a link to the original thread / posts in the above link. Sorry i am not better at computing but you surely can fit the pieces together? Thx for any help in getting this going!

That's terrific Sir! Thank you so much for helping someone in need

I am offering to send $200 towards replacement / repairs that you accrue. What would be more ideal is for someone more prominent here to request a go fund me from Stryker to get this Cat back on his feet. I have never contributed to any GFM's but there is always a 1st time and in this case it seems appropriate.

Maybe out of the fundz he gets pay the guy who replaces / repairs his water heater AND gas, etc. Then slowly pay off some bills to get your head in a much better place. I realize there are MANY folkz here that need financial assistance, well you CAN get some relief by inquiring with Stryker (sp) or another prominent member!

Why in the @!$^% is this service an option here but nobody uses it?

We ALL go thru difficulties we CAN eliminate these types of difficulties by helping thru checks to the member OR Go Fund Me etc.

Someone more educated get this program a-goin and active here. Case by case circumstances can be evaluated by Striker & Mod's?

I want it to begin right now with this member though! I have NEVER met him and live 2,000 miles or so away in Georgia (boo)! Someone request a go fund me to Stryker and gits it goin. I am simply too stupid to do this type of thang although i can sure push the correct button that says *Contribute* and send my $100 - $200 right away!

I am going to copy / paste these thoughts in the NV hometown forums in case someone local can get this going for this cat? Sometimes a little money can revive one's Spirit when thingz crush it

Please get it going? Thx...

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:37:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/15/2021 11:24:07 PM EDT by arashi]
Water heater is slow leak on the garage slab that drains outside, not an emergency.  The Rheem electric WH is soo old, it doesn't even come up on the Rheem serial number website.

Hesperus just needs to do some life planning.  Talked a couple hours and planted some ideas.

Life is hard for young men, but it always has been.  

No point replacing the water heater until Hesperus gets back with some plans.

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 10:37:12 PM EDT
^  Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 12:04:59 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By arashi:
Water heater is slow leak on the garage slab that drains outside, not an emergency.  The Rheem electric WH is soo old, it doesn't even come up on the Rheem serial number website.

Hesperus just needs to do some life planning.  Talked a couple hours and planted some ideas.

Life is hard for young men, but it always has been.  

No point replacing the water heater until Hesperus gets back with some plans.

View Quote

Just wanting to tag the thread, let us know in the thread if there comes a plan to replace the water heater.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 5:41:26 PM EDT
Hesperus bought the water heater and fittings.  I am helping him install it today.

Ran into an issue a rusted 3/4" iron fitting, but there is good pipe under it.  

Anyone know pipes?   I hate to torque on something near the wall.   Was thinking about just cutting it off and using an unthreaded iron pipe fitting to get around wrenching on pipes

Could use some advice asap.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 6:04:49 PM EDT
No help on the pipes but thanks for helping a brother in need out.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 6:21:23 PM EDT
Ugh, that's my nightmare. Twisted a pipe that disappeared into a wall...yep, spun it in there and created a leak inside the wall. Fun times. Never again, call a pro.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 8:17:58 PM EDT
Fun times, found a coupling that worked.  Pipes seem ok, but we did want to to try our luck.

Thanks to everyone.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:00:21 PM EDT
I just seen this and wondering if you guys got it sorted? I’m not a plumber, but could help.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:03:34 PM EDT
Got it sorted.

Thanks
Top Top