Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 10:56:46 PM EDT
[#1]
A national AWB is sadly a good thing for NY.

It will get the issue in front of SCOTUS sooner.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 1:07:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Agree but I don't think it will get through the senate.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 10:01:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Optimism.  I like it.

Me, on the other hand, as a pessimist, simply enjoy the Schadenfreunde of the "Move to a free state" crowd, and the misery loves company approach to life.  Yes, I'm a miserable prick.  If we have to suffer, everyone should.

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 7:50:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
That has been my thought too BUT the big variable is the courts and my fear that by the time a case makes it to the court, there could be a change in the make up such that Bruen gets "Dobbsed". I would be a little more confident if the Maryland and California AWB cases, that were remanded back to the courts by SCOTUS, had been ruled on under Bruen as that would at least establish case-law. Right now, no court in the land has said an AWB is unconstitutional under Bruen. We all read it that way but we have as much authority to make that determination as Joe Biden has the ability to form a coherent sentence without a teleprompter
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 7:56:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Even if it passed and got in front of the USSC and it was decided in our favor how many states would thumb their noses at the ruling?
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:08:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Optimism.  I like it.

Me, on the other hand, as a pessimist, simply enjoy the Schadenfreunde of the "Move to a free state" crowd, and the misery loves company approach to life.  Yes, I'm a miserable prick.  If we have to suffer, everyone should.

View Quote

Except that I want to be able to flee NYS
If the entire country is subject to a federal ban the only positive aspect might be a slightly less punitive federal ban as compared to NYS foolishness
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 10:12:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If the entire country is subject to a federal van the only positive aspect might be a slightly less punitive federal ban as compared to NYS foolishness
View Quote

I understand your point of view.  But as for me, I'm not going anywhere.  Too old to start a new life somewhere else.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 8:25:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If the entire country is subject to a federal van the only positive aspect might be a slightly less punitive federal ban as compared to NYS foolishness
View Quote

I can think of plenty of other good non 2A reasons to move too...

People have been griping about those who escaped NY ever since this board began.  First they were cowards who didn't stay and stand and fight for their rights, now its just envy.  Many of my friends who left have enjoyed almost three decades of unbridled freedom compared to the ever increasing yoke we've suffered under here.  That in and of itself was well worth it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top